COPPA ITALIA: Siena - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
glenn can u give us the link? man, i've wanted to be a sports journalist since i set my foot in a malaysian football stadium :down: but i dont have teh touch

yes serge, please be kind enough to give us ur humble opinion :angel:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
is he gone? where's everyone? :shocked: damn, all alone again.

No, I'm not gone, it's just that I won't be able to watch the game for another 5 hours, so my review won't be until later tonight, or early morning, for you.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Man that Benjamin is so destined for big things. Scoring on your debut in such a cool way when in front of the keeper is no easy thing. Anyway here's the report on soccerage, enjoy:

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/r5841.html

Coppa Italia Report: Juve Reserves Win At Siena

Juve's third team took on Siena's first team at the "Franchi" but the outcome for the Old Lady did not change. Another win (2-1) and a closer step to the quarter finals of the Coppa Italia

Juventus started off well with a couple of long shots by Miccoli and Fresi, and some good chances for Zalayeta, however it was Siena who were most dangerous with fast counter attacks. In fact while Juve held most of the possession and midfield, Siena striked in counter attack. In the 26th minute, Pessotto was not able to control a long pass and Ventola stole the ball away. The striker's shot was parried by Chimenti and Rubino scored from the rebound.

The Old Lady looked confused and could not react properly after the goal, with no real goal scoring opportunities. Siena kept using the coutner attack tactic which sent the Juve defence in disarray and nearly cost them the second goal.

During half time, Lippi sent Appiah into the pitch instead of Fersi, who was enjoying a rare start. The bianconeri of Turin created more and went close with Miccoli and Zalayeta in a couple of circumstances until the Uruguay striker finally bagged in the equaliser in the 73rd minute when he received a cross from the right and volleyed home. The Siena keeper, Fortin, was far from perfect when he let the ball slide under his body.

Before the draw, Lippi had sent on the pitch also Conte and especially Benjamin, the young Nigerian starlet who has been doing wonders with the Primavera team; on the other side, Papadopulo had substituted Ventola for Flo.

The goal gave an extra push to Juventus who pressed hard for the winner and they achieved it through Benjamin who received from Zalayeta who had dribbled past two players before giving a precious assist to his team mate and allowing him to score on his official debut for Juventus.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Heheh well,, i managed to see the full game and i recorded it in a friends house ( :D USA JUventini i managed to see it finally )

First Half:
It was maybe our worst first half so far in the season... really a half to be forgotten :frown:
Our players were some kind of sleepy and Siena attackers were driving us mad with long balls. Our players were standing waiting for yhe referee , and we were lucky to not be outscored in those chances.

IMO the worst in the 1rst half was Birindelli. God , he did a lot of stupid mistakes and fouls. The first goal came because of him. He lost a ball near the area very stupidly and chimenti managed to save the first shot but the second attempt was just too much for him.
He did some Penalty fouls and the referee didnt saw it!!!! WE WERE SO LUCKY!!.
Maresca and Olivera were nothing out of the ordinary, but Olivera did some very good dribblings :) Sadly his passes were not that good.
Our attack in the first half was not good because Siena were attacking a lot and our defence looked very shaky.

IN the second half Appiah arrived and things changed positively.
We dominated more... and Birindelli improved the performance fo the first half considerably.
Zalayeta´s goal came because a mistake of the Siena´s GK. He missed a very easy shot.
Maresca and Olivera went out ( :down: ) for appiah and benjamin.

This guy benjamin is fast :) and he have ood pace and drible. He had a clear chance right away after he entered... but he missed it incredibly. Maybe he was a little nervous.

After the zalayeta goal, we entered the match again and gained ball possetion. The second goal came by a great group atack,,, zalayeta did a pass to benjamin he just needed to aim very well.

In the end we won.... but still this performance was nothing near positive i think. The good thing is that we got the Points :thumb:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #194
    Darn it, I hate all of these controversial victories :wallbang: I know that I should ignore them, but I can't take hearing Milan supporters, Sensi and whoever else saying that Juve are cheats :(

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #196
    @Hydde: From the look of things, is Benjamin a forward (like DP) or a striker (like Trez)?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    He Played In the striker role if im not wrong.
    Supplied by zalayeta´s passes. Xalayeta was moved down the middle in the second half and Miccoli played the forward role...leaving benjamin just waiting for passes.

He plays more or less like obafemi Martins, but a little more skilled at dribbling.

Zalayeta was not that good IMO. He failed some passes too. Miccoli did some very cool moves as always... but he was too alone upfront.

To tell you the truth, we underperformed a little overall.

My conclutions:
    -Like the itaklin guys from RAI said..... Miccoli and Zalayeta dont do well together upfront.... that didnt understand each other.

-Miccoli and Benjamin are very fast players :dazed:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)