[Coppa Italia] Roma 1-0 JUVENTUS (Jan. 21st 2014) (8 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
For the 3-5-2 to even begin to work, you need effective wing-backs AND an effective strike partnership

Sadly, we had neither. Peluso is ok, but only when we have a decent player on the other flank.

If we want to use our B team, use them in a different formation ffs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I fucking can't believe people bitched about the field in Turkey, when we had five other games to secure qualification, but tonight, in a knockout match where we clearly where robbed, people bitch about our performance (with more than half the starters out).
My first complaint is: why did we have 6 starters out?

That fact itself is the biggest reason to complain, because it shows we have absolutely no ambition in coppa, and the question is why don't we care about it at all, especially in a "secured serie A and out of CL" season?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We play a 6-2-2 when we face a hungry, fast team. Our 2 wingbacks get stuck in defense and then Pirlo sits on top of our CBs because his wheelchair only has 1 gear. And we end up with 6 defenders and then we play 30 yard balls on the ground to our 2 midget strikers who are sprinting back towards their own goal (and it's not even their fault).

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
This is all the proof I need. We will never go for the Coppa.

If we didn't this year (cruising in the league and out of CL), we never will.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I didnt mind rotating, understandable but that was a lot of players against a strong roma side. Then after this guarin saga we hear a juventus statement showing how much they are focused on roma-juve clash. Bollocks. There was no focus there was no motivation and no preparation. Props to roma and garcia, assholes.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
We should have been aiming for a treble, is dicking the league again really progress in Conte's third year?

We have a healthy enough lead to be able to play full strength and rest plays vs Lazio at the weekend, who would have been more easily dispatched than Roma would have been tonight.

Watching Isla, Giovinco and Peluso is painful.

Bonucci was atrocious, his fault entirely for the goal.

Is Conte the new Capello? stellar in the league, mediocre to poor in cup competitions?

mondo1

May 14, 2006
we need a talented striker... plz i dont want to see gio or quag ever again. they suck soooo much it aint even funny.
thats why the vuci guarin swap sucked without any new striker

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If we made it through today, we were gonna be eliminated against (probably) Napoli, or in the final.

Come on, we played the coppa final 2 years ago with so many starters on the bench (among them Buffon). The fuckin final!

There is probably some agreement in the locker room that Coppa is for the reserves.

Nov 1, 2002
Honestly the approach and mentality of our players reminded me of our Pre-season friendlies in the US this year, no motivation whatsoever. Only in the summer I actually supported they're lameassery, but this is Coppa ffs. Not the most important competition, not by far, but still no fucking friendly :sergio:

If Roma now actually get their silver star, I'm gon' be real mad.
they can have 2 silver stars and still dream about golden ones all their life :p

frick

Apr 4, 2010
I fucking can't believe people bitched about the field in Turkey, when we had five other games to secure qualification, but tonight, in a knockout match where we clearly where robbed, people bitch about our performance (with more than half the starters out).
We were robbed but our performance was terrible. Roma played like shit and we couldn't do more than just a disallowed goal.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Imo conte is focusing 110% on securing the 30 offical scudetto, 3 in a row is also historic. The players did what they were instructed to do, which was the bare minimum.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
If we made it through today, we were gonna be eliminated against (probably) Napoli, or in the final.

Come on, we played the coppa final 2 years ago with so many starters on the bench (among them Buffon). The fuckin final!

There is probably some agreement in the locker room that Coppa is for the reserves.
This. I believe it's an arrangement Conte has with his squad.

Nov 1, 2002

exactly, Conte made it clear since he was in charge

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

I don't care. Our reserves should not have I don't give a shit mentality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)