[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS (January 29, 2013) (11 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Peluso

• Marrone

• Padoin

• Giaccherini

• Vidal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Anyone have some stats of our combined January games?
It feels like every single chance or even half chance we concede ends up being a goal.

As for this game, I thought Peluso did quite well. Sure, not perfect on the goal, but that was some brilliant play by Lazio imo. Probably Gio's worst game for us. And I've seen enough of Giaccherini. I get the feeling he's looking to win the "running into oppostion players" world record.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Juve, Conte: 'Rigore su Vucinic? E' simulazione...'

29 gennaio alle 23:16
Antonio Conte, allenatore della Juventus ai microfoni di Rai Sport: "Nei 180 minuti se analizziamo bene le cose meritavamo di più, ma chi vince ha sempre ragione e quindi complimenti alla Lazio. L'occasione finale pesa in maniera decisiva sulla qualificazione: dispiace perché i ragazzi hanno dato tutto e giocato un'ottima partita, ma il calcio è anche questo. Matri non stava bene e quindi non potevo schierarlo, ma penso che quelli che sono entrati hanno fatto bene. Marrone ha giocato una buona partita, anche se io credo che abbia un futuro da centrale difensivo, ma anche a centrocampo ha fatto bene. Mercato? Non mi aspetto nulla, di queste cose parla il direttore Marotta. - continua Conte commentando ironicamente le decisioni arbitrali - Rigore su Vucinic? Marchetti non lo prende proprio in quell'occasione e Vucinic si tuffa: credo fosse giallo per simulazione. Su Klose rigore nettissimo perché viene colpito violentemente. Giovinco nella ripresa sviene due volte in area, doveva essere espulso perché non può ingannare così l'arbitro".

Summary:

Over the two games, we deserved to get more, however we must compliment the winners. The chance missed at the end was decisive which he is disappointed about as the players tried and played well. Matri was in no condition to play, and thus Conte couldn't play him. He liked how Marrone played, but he feels his future is as a central defender.
Conte went on to comment ironically on referee decisions: Penalty on Vucinic? Marchetti didn't touch him and Vucinic dived, he should have got a yellow. The appeal on Klose was a clear penalty because he was hit violently by the defender. Giovinco in the second half fell twice in the area, he should have been sent off because you cannot try to trick the referee

- - - Updated - - -

MOM:

1st: Vidal
2nd: Barzagli

Peluso was relatively solid, but I honestly don't know what he was thinking when Gonzales scored! All he had to do was jump slightly and he would have cleared it, it's almost as if he thought there was no one making the run behind him

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #526
    How about that 1st corner theory huh?

talking about corners, can we learn how to take them and position ourselves on them? We look static, we should have 1 or 2 come from the back and run at the near and opposite posts.
    Three games in a row now and that theory has been smashed to pieces. Against Chievo I don't want the first corner.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Anyone have some stats of our combined January games?
    It feels like every single chance or even half chance we concede ends up being a goal.
    I was thinking the same, we are conceding from few real scoring chances.

Sampdoria had 10 shots, 4 on target, 2 goals
    Parma had 10 shots, 2 on target, 1 goal

Don't have the cup stats to hand.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    I was thinking the same, we are conceding from few real scoring chances.

Sampdoria had 10 shots, 4 on target, 2 goals
    Parma had 10 shots, 2 on target, 1 goal

Don't have the cup stats to hand.
    The way I remember both Lazio games is simple, even if it may be an exaggeration:
    1 st chance for them = 1st goal conceded for us

If this happens a few times in a row, the team is obviously going to be affected.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Fairly nothingy game for the most part, which is exactly how Lazio wanted it.

Juve, despite Lazio's ultra-defensive and well-organised approach, manage to create a few decent situations and chances which is as much as you could ask for with the midfield Juve started with.

Ultimately, you aren't going to beat decent sides if you miss sitters and concede goals from set-pieces. Juve did both those things in both games.

Juve just aren't able to withstand any pressure whatsoever at the moment. Seems like they are conceding pretty much every time the opposition makes it into their penalty area.

sempreJuve

notte da grande Juve
    Dec 5, 2012
    When you think about it (a great cup final with rome or inter) pffff what a nice dream to complete the trophy room with a silver star. But there is a God , and last night wasn-t meant to be us the winners. We got 30 seconds of redemption joy and then punished for our tactical mistakes.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    Disgusting performance from us. We played like a team of Juve calibre for only 10 - 15 minutes in the second half. We didn't deserve to go through even though Lazio were lucky again or just we were that bad. I don't want to repeat myself I've pointed out things we do wrong since Samp match but back then some laughed at me we were not in crisis because of one match but it was clearly visible we were going downhill since then.

So many things to fix right now I don't even expect us to perform better at this point. Yesterday Conte proved he's nowhere near last season's Conte we had. That guy always had plan 'A' and 'B'. Now we don't have the 'B' (which I really can't understand why) and the 'A' isn't really working for us. We switched to 4-3-3 too late and changes were made too late as well. Peluso as CB, Giacch as LWB is just :sergio: From Juve side Vidal is MoM for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)