[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS (January 29, 2013) (16 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Peluso

• Marrone

• Padoin

• Giaccherini

• Vidal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I am very, very disappointed. We are playing very bad lately and what is even worse i see no changes made from Conte which is even more disappointing and scary. A professional manager should know how to use his teams strenghts and eliminate its weaknesses but Conte obviously is not doing that for reasons beyond my comprehension.

Why we continue to play with same formation on and on again when we clearly dont have the players for that atm is beyond me. What is so wrong with the 4-3-3? Even if Pepe was the reason for the 4-3-3, im sure that Gio or Isla could cover for him. At least it would be one position in our formation that would be weak instead of 4-5 in our current formation.

Some things i will never understand in the world of club management. Its like, all of the people outside the club can see the problems but everyone inside cant. Its weird really. Makes you wonder.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I knew we wouldn't have won, so I didn't bother to watch the match, any summary?
More futile attack. Lazio scored on their first real movement forward with some clueless defending by Peluso. Juve scraped an equalizer before time via Vidal after a Lazio defender headed over right to him. Moments later, we conceded on a corner with Storari playing out of place. Marchisio and Giovinco had a chance to win it in the latest of stages, but the shots were predictable for Marchetti. Game over. We played better pretty much everywhere except in the box, but that's what matters in the end.

January sucks.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Conte knows best :agree:

Calma :help:

- - - Updated - - -

We lost this tie in the first leg, by allowing Lazio to get back into the game.

Wasted chances + lapses in concentration x a clinical Lazio = elimination

Aug 1, 2003
oh man, this game really stung. it's been like a dark cloud hanging over my head the whole day. I want to snap at everyone if I can.

on a more serious note, I just consider this a 'bad patch'. we are not playing as well, but we're not entirely hopeless - some of the matches luck was just not on our side (this is not to say that we don't have any problems, particularly up front.)

if this is the part where we suffer our dip in form, it's not too bad. it is not nice being eliminated from coppa, but we are still top of serie a. I hope we can pick things up by the time the CL comes around.

cheer up guys!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I sometimes felt bad for our players for having to run their guts out every game, but now I've realized that they must do it.. cause almost all of them have like zero intelligence, zero clutchness.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Just like last year's cup, there is a degree of guilt to Conte, not so much tactically, as we have dominated the game tactically, but because of the player selection.
This match and the final are what was between us and the title, it was one of the most important matches of the season.
We were already missing a few very important players, esp Chiellini's absence is a huge handicap and we were playing with one of the strongest serie A teams, in a game that we ought to hunt the result.
Conte should have used more starters for this one and start with these players vs Genoa.

The subs can only get you that far and it is not mandatory to use them in each and every cup game, regardless of the conditions.
Conte has prooved once again that he disregards the cup...

The players though were mentally prepared and imo, they have played with their hurt, close to their potential.
We should not expect from Giovinco to become a prolific finisher, we expect him to do what he did, run, dribble, penetrate, create chances.
We should not expect from Peluso, a serie B player, not to commit a single man mark mistake, vs a team like Lazio.
We cannot expect from Padoin, and Maronne to dominate the midfield vs a team like Lazio, like Pirlo and Marchisio.
We cannot expect from Storari, having a Buffon positioning at all times.
We cannot dominate the airballs and corners vs teams like Lazio and EPL teams, who are so stronger and taller.

So, what happened was expected and considering the circumstances we played well, we dominated the match and again managed to get a goal by a CM, which are not mandatory to happen in each and every match.

This is why asked for a decent CB and a finisher in this very transfer window.
A decent sub instead of Peluso, someone who can score instead of Giovinco or Vucinic and Pogba or Pirlo as starters, instead of Padoin or Maronne could have tipped the balance even more to our favor, probably enough to make the difference.
But it was mostly a strategical choice not to buy those tools and less of a tactical choice not to use them...hopefully we learn our lesson this time and next year wont commit it for the third time...

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Thought I will be calmer after getting some sleep, but I'm still very disappointed. Some of our bench players were lacking basic confidence in themselves and the team, while the starters were just moaning at the referee.

Lazio was pressing high on our fullbacks and Conte just didn't have the courage to switch to 4-3-3 earlier. Petkovic prepared very well for our 3-5-2, you could see that right from the start. We played into their hands for 75 minutes and that is just unacceptable.

We are predictable now and that is one of our main weaknesses. But what scares me the most with Celtic match approaching is that all four goals we conceded in past three matches were either headers or goals conceded from corner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)