[Coppa Italia] Juventus - Atalanta (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Following two successive draws we managed to get back on track with a 4-2 win at home to Livorno. On Thursday we welcome Atalanta to the Delle Alpi for the second leg of the Coppa Italia tie between the two sides. Juve have a two goal deficit to overturn so it will be interesting to see what kind of side Capello sends out. Trezeguet should be back for this game. Discuss here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Well, if Trez is ready for this game, he should start from the first minute imo. He needs to regain his form ASAP.

About the result, I dont really care TBH.

nori

Jan 9, 2005
First of all I want to say that I just registerd to this forum, although I have been reading stuff in it for the last year or so but I have no idea why I didn't register (Hey I know there is this guy with name Juve_Kosova (I might now you because I am form Kosova too)
I am A Juventus fan since 1994 but I became a true fan after the final in 1996, anyway
as for this match I think it is quite important for two reasons:
1. It will be a perfect opportunity for some of the players like Tacchinardi, Tudor or maybe even Leggrotaglie (if he plays - which I doubt)
2. It will be a shame to get dumped out by a struggling team like Atalanta and also it is never good to loose becaause the next week it might turn in a bit of dip in form as we just escaped form it
Also it is a good way for Trezeguet to get back and agree or not but I think some of the first team players (Thuram, Emerson, Nedeved and maybe ALex for the second half) should play

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
TBH, I couldnt care less if we get kicked out out of the competition or not. IMO, we shouldnt field our first team players as there are a lot of games to go, both in the Serie A and CL, games that are much more important than this one, and we dont need anyone getting injured, it's not worth the risk if you ask me.

And besides, IMO some splayer that havent featuret that much this season should get a chance, Chimenti, Pessotto, Birindelli, Tudor, Appiah, Kapo, Olivera, Zalayeta, etc.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Dudes, this aint no dating service ;)

On Topic: I have Siena-Roma and Juve-Atalanta live on Rai2 on Thursday. YESSS!!! :D

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
lucky bugger! I want to win this, but I agree that first team regulars should be rested and others given the chance to impress. Hopefully we will have a breakout performance by someone and win 3-0 :D

Aug 26, 2003
I think we should give the "subs" a chance, and with a little bit of lack and determination we will maybe come to the next round!

If fit i hope Trez to come in in this game!

I want to see Tudor, Legro, Kapo, Olivera from start!

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
well Im not sure about what lineup we should use ion this one... becouse I don't know if we should care about this cup, fist becouse the result that we are playing against its not easy to handle and second coz our agenda of playing its alredy hard without to having to worry about the cup.

I think we should use Trezeguet, he has to gain fitness to use him for the next Serie A game, he should play inted of Zlatan coz Zlatan has alot of games on his back, he should be rested.
I think we should use Del Piero - Trezeguet partnership, Del Piero needs to play 90 minutes to gain confidence (I think it was he needs to return to top form).

I also would not be against using Legrotaglie on thos one, and give the kid one last chance, or maybe we should use the Tudor- Ferrara on defence, whetever of this 3 players I could handle it to see them... not Montero and please not Iuliano!!!

Ofcourse at the wings, Pessotto and Birindelli should play.

On the midfield, I would like to see Kapo and Olivera, along with Blasi and give Emerson a rest.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
This is the team I wanna see from start:

---Del Piero---Trezeguet

Olivera-----------------Kapo
--------Tacchi--Blasi

Pessotto-Legro-Tudor-Birindelli

----------Chimenti

Forza Juve so fvcking much! lets win this sh1t!

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    I'd play the same thing as David Del Piero except I'd start Zalayeta instead of DP and play Alex in tandem with Zlatan against Cagliari in the Serie A fixture.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    The Coppa Italia isn't that important but it would still be nice to win the trophy for a 10th time and get that silver star next to the two gold ones on our jersey.

I'd give Zlatan the day off, start Zala-Trez and bring on DP for one of the two (depending on Trezeguet's fitness) in the second half. Beating Atalanta by three goals is not beyond our second team imo.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    we cant have 2 hitmen upfront, we need DP to get real fitness and play as much as possible. That my opinnion though ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)