[Coppa Italia] Juventus - Atalanta (2 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Trez Set For Atalanta Return?
1/10/2005 12:43:00 PM
Juventus striker David Trezeguet may be set for his long-awaited return from injury against Atalanta in the Coppa Italia on Thursday.
The France international has been out since October, when he underwent surgery for a shoulder injury sustained against Udinese.

"If the doctors give me the green light, Trezeguet will be out on the pitch on Thursday against Atalanta in partnership with Zalayeta," Juve coach Fabio Capello was quoted as saying in the Corriere dello Sport.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
who cares about coppa matchs , juve dont have players that can compete on 3 titles , lets concentrate on scudetto and CL:(

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
Trez Set For Atalanta Return?
1/10/2005 12:43:00 PM
Juventus striker David Trezeguet may be set for his long-awaited return from injury against Atalanta in the Coppa Italia on Thursday.
The France international has been out since October, when he underwent surgery for a shoulder injury sustained against Udinese.

"If the doctors give me the green light, Trezeguet will be out on the pitch on Thursday against Atalanta in partnership with Zalayeta," Juve coach Fabio Capello was quoted as saying in the Corriere dello Sport.

Grazie Dio!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Trezeguet gets green light
Monday 10 January, 2005

David Trezeguet is set to return to action this week after the Juventus ace passed a medical.

The player, who has been out since having a shoulder operation in October, underwent a vital test in Lyon this afternoon.

The French International received the green light from professor Gilles Walch, the same doctor who operated on him before Christmas.

Trezeguet is now expected to feature in Juve’s Coppa Italia match against Atalanta on Thursday.

"I want to play as soon as I can," the striker emphasised. "On a psychological level, I’m there already and I have absolutely no fear of getting stuck in again."

The player’s absence has seen Delle Alpi favourite Alessandro Del Piero return to scoring form, but Trezeguet now seems ready to battle for his place.

"I can’t wait to play with my teammates again," he said, but admitted to some apprehension.

"I am still worried about not being in top athletic and technical condition after the long lay off, so I hope I’ll be ready when called upon."

His team have certainly coped well without him after they were crowned Winter champions on Sunday.

The unofficial title, which is given to the League leaders at the half way stage of the season, is broadly seen as an indication of who will win the Scudetto.

However, the actual statistics show that this has only come true 47 times out of 72 in the history of Serie A.

Fabio Capello’s Roma were in pole position this time last year, but ended up losing out to Milan.

Juventus have been crowned Winter champions 23 times in their history, winning the Scudetto on 16 of those occasions.

Capello, now Juve boss, has been at the top of the table at this stage of the season eight times in his career.

Four of those were with Milan and three with Roma. The Rossoneri went on to claim the Scudetto all four times, but the Giallorossi managed to win the title just once.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #53
    Same here. I hope all goes well and he returns to form asap.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I would not care if Nicola Legrottaglie turned around and took a shot at Buffon from our own penalty spot during this match. Actually, I hope he does. I also hope he scores. We have bigger things to concentrate on...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)