[Coppa Italia] Juventus 3-2 Genoa [January 13th, 2021] (1 Viewer)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Fair enough if it is a mickey mouse trophy for you, for me it isn't. Just like the DFB Pokal in germany isn't a mickey mouse trophy.
Yeah, for me it's a completely redundant and a "feel-good tradition" trophy. When CWC was a thing it was important, now it's basically an internal EL trophy, only worse. It's fancy to talk about doubles and triples, but there are two important trophies – national championship and CL, everything else is for small clubs. At least I see it that way.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Winning Serie A means you're the best team in league format, winning Coppa means you're the best team in knockout competition. Winning Coppa will be better practice for CL than winning Serie A, it's an important skill to acquire particularly for us who often lose finals.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Yeah, for me it's a completely redundant and a "feel-good tradition" trophy. When CWC was a thing it was important, now it's basically an internal EL trophy, only worse. It's fancy to talk about doubles and triples, but there are two important trophies – national championship and CL, everything else is for small clubs. At least I see it that way.
I agree overall , though i pretty much rather see us winning it all as our motto stands for...

Anyway , leaving that aside and given the current packed schedule and extra subs i understand why it's perhaps better to be all guns blazing on the two competitions that really matter, it undeniably does make a lot of sense looking at it from most angles, but nonetheless what i think you are underrating a bit is also that Coppa is a competition to give chances to prospects, start some of the back-ups and keep the whole roaster happy and fully involved, giving up on it from an early stage could create rotation issues which by default means players being left on the bench unhappy and as you can imagine that surely won't be healthy for the group, i'd even go as far as to say that this is the perfect platform for Pirlo to experiment a bit and even to test himself in managing KO games too.

For the reasons mentioned above and not only, altough obviously not a primary one, Coppa should still remain an objective, and we better do ourselfs some good and stay in it for as long as it is possible.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Buffon

Danilo - Dragusin - Chiellini - Frabotta

Di Pardo - Rabiot - Portanova - Bernardeschi

Kulusevski - Morata​

Sub in Bentancur, Ramsey, Fagioli, Da Graca and Demiral 2nd half.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Would prefer to save Chiellini for important games. I know he needs a run out but I'd rather that was at the end of games we are cruising.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Dude, what important games? Chiellini is a sub. Even he knows that.
I know he is but there's nobody I'd rather have on the bench ready to come on In the last 10mins of a big game if we are trying to hold onto a lead.

I still start him 10/10 ahead of Bonucci when fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)