[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 3 - 0 Catania (1/14/2009) (4 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yo people,stop bitching.

Best match we played this season IMO.Formation was pretty offensive and many goals were expected.We missed so many chances though I still can't believe it.It could have finished 8-0.I'm not sure but I think there was a foul on Momo and I think that was for penalty but oh well,not a first time something like that happens.

Everything was perfect and I didn't expect us to play with 3 up front.They all did well and we dominated whole match.Not to comment much about defense because they didn't have much work to do.I'm happy how De Ceglie played and we should consider him more to play as our left back.At start he had some good runs and his cross was sweet when we scored our first goal.Later on he spent more time on our half.Our CBs were decent,but not much work there.Grygera was fine but pretty much the same.

Our midfield did very well.Zanetti was classy but he still needs to play to be the old one.He had some good passes and was confident as always.Momo was like always.Won some tackles and had some decent shots and almost scored.Marchionni was great considering how he played this season.

Del Piero was great,he missed some chances but he created a lot of chances and scored one goal.Amauri was aggresive and hungry for goal,too bad he didn't score one but yet again he was all over the pitch and played a lot of short passes with Giovinco that I liked.Seba was great and I wish he played till the end.He had some great runs when he was unstoppable,had great passes and the way he scored and how he played with Alex was just amazing.

Buffon-6
Grygera-6.5
Legro-6.5
Ariudo-6
De Ceglie-7
Sissoko-6.5
Zanetti-6
Marchionni-6.5
Amauri-7.5
Del Piero-8
Giovinco-8.5

Ranieri had balls to play like this and I like it.People should not complain about his subs because they were not that bad.I didn't like when he subbed Gio but he was amazing and I'm sure he saw that.They had their winter break so I bet there was no need to sub Del Piero or Amauri.Esposito...I mean WTF?He looks like he's 30 years old.He got chance to play for a bit,had some good moves but can't judge him yet.

Overall 10/10
Lowest grade for Zanetti? that guy showed a masterclass today.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i watched the match on tv with my parents . thanks Rai Uno .... and all i can say that they impressed by Giovinco ....... they know him from the beijing's games but it was the first time they see him with juve .... this kid is pure class and i can dare with sayin' that he is our best player now... he was our main man tonight and even it wasn't his best performance but as Ibrahimovic9 said he is twice as good as Nedved is now ...... so please Ranieri get some fuckin' glasses and play the kid more ........

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yo people,stop bitching.

Best match we played this season IMO.Formation was pretty offensive and many goals were expected.We missed so many chances though I still can't believe it.It could have finished 8-0.I'm not sure but I think there was a foul on Momo and I think that was for penalty but oh well,not a first time something like that happens.

Everything was perfect and I didn't expect us to play with 3 up front.They all did well and we dominated whole match.Not to comment much about defense because they didn't have much work to do.I'm happy how De Ceglie played and we should consider him more to play as our left back.At start he had some good runs and his cross was sweet when we scored our first goal.Later on he spent more time on our half.Our CBs were decent,but not much work there.Grygera was fine but pretty much the same.

Our midfield did very well.Zanetti was classy but he still needs to play to be the old one.He had some good passes and was confident as always.Momo was like always.Won some tackles and had some decent shots and almost scored.Marchionni was great considering how he played this season.

Del Piero was great,he missed some chances but he created a lot of chances and scored one goal.Amauri was aggresive and hungry for goal,too bad he didn't score one but yet again he was all over the pitch and played a lot of short passes with Giovinco that I liked.Seba was great and I wish he played till the end.He had some great runs when he was unstoppable,had great passes and the way he scored and how he played with Alex was just amazing.

Buffon-6
Grygera-6.5
Legro-6.5
Ariudo-6
De Ceglie-7
Sissoko-6.5
Zanetti-7.5
Marchionni-6.5
Amauri-7.5
Del Piero-8
Giovinco-8.5

Ranieri had balls to play like this and I like it.People should not complain about his subs because they were not that bad.I didn't like when he subbed Gio but he was amazing and I'm sure he saw that.They had their winter break so I bet there was no need to sub Del Piero or Amauri.Esposito...I mean WTF?He looks like he's 30 years old.He got chance to play for a bit,had some good moves but can't judge him yet.

Overall 10/10
Here.

I was thinking about Momo and Zanetti and I totally mixed that up.Also,I don't want to give Marco anything higher.He was good and scored but I'll stick with this.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #230
    Yeah, i watched the 2nd half only where he was amazing. He couldn't have been so awful in the first half to get a 6.00.
    Btw, I remember you said the other day something concerning the assists, that If X player shoots the ball and it bounces from the keeper and Y strikes the ball into the net then it is considered as an assist to X. Or it wasn't you?

Because the commentator said something about Ale like two assists and 1goal. Wonder if he made a mistake or Marco's first goal is considered as an assist for Ale.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Btw, I remember you said the other day something concerning the assists, that If X player shoots the ball and it bounces from the keeper and Y strikes the ball into the net then it is considered as an assist to X. Or it wasn't you?

Because the commentator said something about Ale like two assists and 1goal. Wonder if he made a mistake or Marco's first goal is considered as an assist for Ale.
    No, it wasn't me who said it. I don't think Del Piero should get an assist for the first goal but i'll check the rules and i hope that we can count that as an assist :D

But logically i don't see how can that be counted an assist.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #233
    No, it wasn't me who said it. I don't think Del Piero should get an assist for the first goal but i'll check the rules and i hope that we can count that as an assist :D

But logically i don't see how can that be counted an assist.
    Thats what I also thought. But the commentator before the final whistle praised Del Piero saying he finished the game with two assists and a goal. I think he made a mistake.

Dusan, alright boy.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Rab, according to wikipedia it turns out that it really is an assist :D

"Most commonly, an assist is credited to a player for passing or crossing the ball to the scorer. It may also be awarded to a player whose shot rebounds (off a defender, goalkeeper or goalpost) to a teammate who scores; or to a player who wins a penalty kick for another player to convert. "

I'll have to find something more official for a confirmation, though.
    This complicates things because up until now i didn't count deflected shots as assists. I will have to watch all the goals we scored this year again to see if more assists should be given.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #235
    Rab, according to wikipedia it turns out that it really is an assist :D

"Most commonly, an assist is credited to a player for passing or crossing the ball to the scorer. It may also be awarded to a player whose shot rebounds (off a defender, goalkeeper or goalpost) to a teammate who scores; or to a player who wins a penalty kick for another player to convert. "

I'll have to find something more official for a confirmation, though.
    This complicates things because up until now i didn't count deflected shots as assists. I will have to watch all the goals we scored this year again to see if more assists should be given.
    Sorry for complicating your job man:D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Sorry for complicating your job man:D
    No problem. Everything for more assists under Del Piero's name :p

Btw, i checked the other goals and there wasn't another same situation. Maybe an assist can be given to Sissoko for Amauri's goal against Udinese but Sissoko didn't take a shot before the ball was deflected to Amauri and i see that Lega Calcio isn't counting it as an assist.

Only Del Piero will get one more assist for tonight's match.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Just check what all the big sports papers give assist as. Its prolly identical to your count. Because I hardly think they count rebounds, and DEFENITELY would they count getting fouled for a pk. That description is flimsy, NO WAY pks are counted.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    How the hell did you already check that? :D
    I only checked the matches where there were less assists than goals. I opened the thread with the 2008/09 stats and i checked which are the matches where there were more goals than assists. Since i more or less remember how were our goals scored i knew where to check and what goals to check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)