[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 3 - 0 Catania (1/14/2009) (2 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Zanetti and Giovinco were the most impressive, imo. We wasted alot of good opportunities by shooting straight at the keeper, but at least were creating many chances, which is a refreshing change.

Speaking of Seba, I doubt he was brought off with Lazio in mind. Nedved will surely play, which is irritating considering how much better Giovinco is atm. Giovinco creates more, his passing opens up more space, and he doesn't slow down our attacks. I can't think of anything the Nedved of the 08/09 season does better than Seba.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
congrats every one. the future looks bright for our juventus!! glad buffon played this game so he can get back to top form. great game.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No, he said that Gio was impressive, but that ML isn't his best position. I guess he was implying that Gio is even better as support striker.
No way he meant that ML doesn't suit him. Only a complete retard could say that Gio can't play ML.
Its NOT his best position, his best position is AM/Trequartista. But he as we have seen now again, is EXTREMELY good at linking the attack with the midfield. That LM isnt his optimal position doesnt matter, he is twice the player in that position then Nedved and De Ceglie. No question about it.

When I heard him say that, yes even if he complimented him ofcourse, I just knew it really only means he will continue to bench him. How much he impresses doesnt seem to matter to him...

And really, did we watch the same game, because usually saying he doesnt suit LW has meant he cant defend, but he defended well enough in this game.

Aug 17, 2007
Ale is my MOM. he missed few chances, but had a great game. was involved in the first goal, asisst in the second and scored the third after great spin. beside, he made some great moves (hit the woodwork twice, and great passes for the whole match). the center and the heart of our game

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Its NOT his best position, his best position is AM/Trequartista. But he as we have seen now again, is EXTREMELY good at linking the attack with the midfield. That LM isnt his optimal position doesnt matter, he is twice the player in that position then Nedved and De Ceglie. No question about it.

When I heard him say that, yes even if he complimented him ofcourse, I just knew it really only means he will continue to bench him. How much he impresses doesnt seem to matter to him...

And really, did we watch the same game, because usually saying he doesnt suit LW has meant he cant defend, but he defended well enough in this game.
Ranieri is therefore not fielding the right players for the job, which is grounds for removal from the position.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Even if Nedved is the first choice, Giovinco must get at least the home matches against the weaker teams. Even if Ranieri thinks that Giovinco can't defend, he must be aware that defense from the ML isn't really needed at home against Catania or Reggina.
Not counting Milan, Inter, Roma and Fiorentina, we still have 15 home matches against the other teams. Even to Ranieri it should be clear that that is the least Giovinco deserves. 15 matches as a starter!

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
today we saw why we do not see de ceglie in the left back position.

against a weak catania he was ok, but his lack of experience lead to some bad decisions which you can not allow on important games against better teams.

i remember that he did lose the ball twice because he did try to dribble (or should i say stumble?) and ran into the opponent who got the ball and much open space right behind de ceglie.

i and others here do curse when we see molinaro just blast the ball high to the forwards in such situations, but it also has something positive. this way the opponent will not directly get the ball from you when you are the last line of defense.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yo people,stop bitching.

Best match we played this season IMO.Formation was pretty offensive and many goals were expected.We missed so many chances though I still can't believe it.It could have finished 8-0.I'm not sure but I think there was a foul on Momo and I think that was for penalty but oh well,not a first time something like that happens.

Everything was perfect and I didn't expect us to play with 3 up front.They all did well and we dominated whole match.Not to comment much about defense because they didn't have much work to do.I'm happy how De Ceglie played and we should consider him more to play as our left back.At start he had some good runs and his cross was sweet when we scored our first goal.Later on he spent more time on our half.Our CBs were decent,but not much work there.Grygera was fine but pretty much the same.

Our midfield did very well.Zanetti was classy but he still needs to play to be the old one.He had some good passes and was confident as always.Momo was like always.Won some tackles and had some decent shots and almost scored.Marchionni was great considering how he played this season.

Del Piero was great,he missed some chances but he created a lot of chances and scored one goal.Amauri was aggresive and hungry for goal,too bad he didn't score one but yet again he was all over the pitch and played a lot of short passes with Giovinco that I liked.Seba was great and I wish he played till the end.He had some great runs when he was unstoppable,had great passes and the way he scored and how he played with Alex was just amazing.

Buffon-6
Grygera-6.5
Legro-6.5
Ariudo-6
De Ceglie-7
Sissoko-6.5
Zanetti-7.5
Marchionni-6.5
Amauri-7.5
Del Piero-8
Giovinco-8.5

Ranieri had balls to play like this and I like it.People should not complain about his subs because they were not that bad.I didn't like when he subbed Gio but he was amazing and I'm sure he saw that.They had their winter break so I bet there was no need to sub Del Piero or Amauri.Esposito...I mean WTF?He looks like he's 30 years old.He got chance to play for a bit,had some good moves but can't judge him yet.

Overall 10/10

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #219
    Buffon 7

Grygera 6.5
    Legro 7.5
    Ariaudo 7
    De Ceglie 7

Sissoko 6.5
    Zanetti 7
    Marchionni 7.5 :star:
    Giovinco 7

Del Piero 7.5
    Amauri 6.5

Ranieri :tup:

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    oooh :cry: what a game i missed...i came home and saw the last 10 minutes..goddam girl made me forget about juve :(...( i readed the live section though). Congratulations Juventus ! we got a score to settle with napoli..so let's keep it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)