[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 3 - 0 Catania (1/14/2009) (5 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Grygera is suspended and won't play against Lazio. Since we don't know when will Brazzo be back, Mellberg may easily become the only RB for the Lazio match, and that's why we shouldn't take any risks with him today.
I guess that explains why is Ariaudo expected to start the match.

indojuve

djangkrik tjilik
May 12, 2007
please, i mean giuseppe mascara...
Azzuri7 talk about dica and i just want to know your opinion abou giuseppe mascara...
sorry if i made a mistake...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Grygera is suspended and won't play against Lazio. Since we don't know when will Brazzo be back, Mellberg may easily become the only RB for the Lazio match, and that's why we shouldn't take any risks with him today.
I guess that explains why is Ariaudo expected to start the match.
Hmm, but using Mellberg in a position we isnt quite accustomed to in a such a competitive game, also presents a risk! The injury risk is heavier but less probable.
It is a hard task to pick which is the wisest/important move here. I wont blame CR for either of them...

We must also consider that he has probably promised some cup playing time, to some of our reserves! Hopefully Giovinco will be one of them!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No Morimoto? Bah, less interesting to see Catania.

I hope Iago makes his official debute, even its for a minute. But with Ranieri, its like he uses the youngsters on the bench like they are decoration :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hmm, but using Mellberg in a position we isnt quite accustomed to in a such a competitive game, also presents a risk!
Sure, but what can Ranieri do if Grygera, Zebina and Salihamidzic are all unavailable?

Or are you suggesting Mellberg to play RB against Catania so he can get accustomed to the position?
There is no need for that imo. He played RB for more than half a season with Aston Villa last year and he already played as RB with us against Real, Atalanta, Chievo, Bologna and in the second half against Roma and Torino. Actually, on half of the matches he played for us this season he was a RB and he did a good job (we won all the matches where he was a RB).
I think it's smarter to keep him on the bench today and not risk to find ourselves without a RB for the Lazio match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)