[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 2-1 Bologna (8th Dec 2011) (21 Viewers)

[Coppa Italia] Juve - Bologna: Man of the Match

• Storari

• Sorensen

• Barzagli

• Bonucci

• De Ceglie

• Marrone

• Pazienza

• Krasic

• Quagliarella

• Giaccherini

• Del Piero

• Marchisio

• Elia

• Estigarribia

• Agliardi (Bologna)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I agree with you.

Did we sign Elia after we signed both Giacch and Esti? Because if we did, that was a pretty retarded move on our part.
We signed him on the last day of the transfer window.

Maybe The Count dislikes darker brothers? He got rid of Momo and Melo as well :p

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
IMO Conte just doesn't trust Elia to work his ass off in a game. Every game is important for us so far. Elia just needs to play 1 game and show him that he will run up and down the flank like Pepe, Esti, Giach and then I think we will see more of him. But he needs to get a game!

Look at Krasic. It's clear Conte doesn't trust him. We can't have any lapses in concentration with the way we play. You must be 100% committed.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
IMO Conte just doesn't trust Elia to work his ass off in a game. Every game is important for us so far. Elia just needs to play 1 game and show him that he will run up and down the flank like Pepe, Esti, Giach and then I think we will see more of him. But he needs to get a game!

Look at Krasic. It's clear Conte doesn't trust him. We can't have any lapses in concentration with the way we play. You must be 100% committed.
Conte gave Elia one half, which I don't think was a bad performance by any stretch. It wasn' spectacular either but he came back and helped the defence on numerous occasions. Krasic on the other hand was given a few chances and failed each time, he's just too soft and too lazy.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008

Agreed, same reason why Conte won't sub in Quags for Vucinic

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Conte gave Elia one half, which I don't think was a bad performance by any stretch. It wasn' spectacular either but he came back and helped the defence on numerous occasions. Krasic on the other hand was given a few chances and failed each time, he's just too soft and too lazy.
I agree with that. But if you look at it from Conte's perspective, what is his incentive to put Elia into these games ahead of players he knows for sure will be committed? We are undefeated and everyone ahead of Elia is doing their jobs. He's just a victim of circumstance. I Just hope he gets to show what he can do vs. Bologna.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I agree with you, but you have to understand that Conte trains and watches these lads every day, so I'm sure he has a good idea of what he'll get out of them in a match situation. Elia doesn't need to wait until he finally gets a start to prove himself, he needs to work his ass off in training to show that he's good for it.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
That brazilian kid, but only from January. Andrea Schiavone is doing good for the Primavera. Probably Giaccherini can play CM. Other than that our only CM subs are Marrone and Pazienza.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I think Conte might play Marchisio and possibly Vidal in the Coppa too. At least until we get more players in January. :xfinger:

hudick

Sep 18, 2006
I would go with something like this. I really don't want to see the goat playing so Sorensen at RB and Bonucci and Chiellini in center. Barzagli deserves a rest. He played all matches.

Storari
Sorensen - Bonucci - Chiellini - De Ceglie
Marrone - Pazienza - x
Krasić - Quagliarella - Estigarribia​

x - One of Marchisio/Pirlo/Vidal

Ofcourse if Ale will be ready, i want him instead of Krasić or Esti.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I think he will play 4-4-2 because the 4-3-3 is because of the strength with Pirlo, Marchisio & Vidal. Those 3 won't all play in the Coppa so he'll probably stick to the 4-4-2.

I think we might see this; (goat :inter:)

Storari
Goat-Bonucci-Sorensen-De Ceglie
Pazienza-Marchisio
Krasic-Quag-Del Piero-Esti/Elia​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)