[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 1-2 Purple Rats (March 5th, 2015) (2 Viewers)

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #401
    It's not so much that he's directly responsible for the goals conceded, but he's certainly not fulfilling his role. How many times this season has he been caught casually tracking back when there is a real sign of threat in our third, he fails to track his runners and his application and awareness is absolutely shocking as is his concentration (lack of it) I'm not talking about just yesterday but several times this season and the last he has been the same, I cannot honestly recall a match where he has had an assured performance both physically and mentally. He is quite honestly one of the worst defensive signings for a very long time, I see no signs of him having improved or willing to improve and e has had plenty of opportunities to show what he can do but really I've seen enough and his days are numbered
    So what happens when we concede? To be more exact, who has been responsible for our goals being conceded? Every single goal we concede is because someone makes a mistake which means some are making more mistakes than others and its ridiculous to blame Ogbonna so much when there are others clearly making mistakes otherwise we wouldn't be conceding goals.

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    True but some members anticipate him as versatile,good,reliable for every position ,Padowin ,etc.
    I believe it's more to do with trolling than anything else. It's like people praising "Lord" Bendtner, they know he's shit. Padoin is a generic player, there's nothing more to this game than receive-pass-pass-receive.

But as i said i'm not even mad. Fullbacks today are pretty bad anyway so we don't have a lot of options out there.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    So what happens when we concede? To be more exact, who has been responsible for our goals being conceded? Every single goal we concede is because someone makes a mistake which means some are making more mistakes than others and its ridiculous to blame Ogbonna so much when there are others clearly making mistakes otherwise we wouldn't be conceding goals.
    The thing is he is so out of position at times that he is responsible for conceding as that puts the other players around him out of position. Defenders are typically taught to defend as a straight line, look at the olympiakos gif for example, look how far away he is from his other defenders? plenty more examples of this throughout the season

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #407
    The thing is he is so out of position at times that he is responsible for conceding as that puts the other players around him out of position. Defenders are typically taught to defend as a straight line, look at the olympiakos gif for example, look how far away he is from his other defenders? plenty more examples of this throughout the season
    You may as well say Vidal's piss poor form this season puts added pressure on the defense leading to more goals being leaked. :tup:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    You may as well say Vidal's piss poor form this season puts added pressure on the defense leading to more goals being leaked. :tup:
    not really then again you might as well blame the attackers too as they are effectively the first line of defense. But however you look at it, ogbonna's positioning when we are under threat is questionable and quite amateurish at times it's scary, I don't think he has any positional awareness and that is why he will never be a good/decent player, not at this level at least. His poor positioning is what puts the players around him in jeopardy and a state of confusion.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #409
    not really then again you might as well blame the attackers too as they are effectively the first line of defense. But however you look at it, ogbonna's positioning when we are under threat is questionable and quite amateurish at times it's scary, I don't think he has any positional awareness and that is why he will never be a good/decent player, not at this level at least. His poor positioning is what puts the players around him in jeopardy and a state of confusion.
    But that is the exact narrative you are suggesting :lol:

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #411
    I'm solely arguing Ogbonna's faults here, what vidal and co do is another argument.
    No, the essence of your argument is that what one player does or doesn't do effects those around him. I'm simply expanding your narrative to fit mine simply because that's what you are doing on a smaller scale.

i.e. Ogbonna doesn't track back leads to pressure on other players. Vidal's poor form leads to pressures on other players.

Same shit. Different bucket.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    No, the essence of your argument is that what one player does or doesn't do effects those around him. I'm simply expanding your narrative to fit mine simply because that's what you are doing on a smaller scale.

i.e. Ogbonna doesn't track back leads to pressure on other players. Vidal's poor form leads to pressures on other players.

Same shit. Different bucket.
    form and actually doing the basics incorrectly are 2 different arguments.

Poor form doesn't necessarily mean his basics are wrong too. On the flip side at least we know in Vidal's case it is just a question of form and not actual ability, in ogbonna's case he hasn't shown much of that and that is what is worrying

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #413
    form and actually doing the basics incorrectly are 2 different arguments.

Poor form doesn't necessarily mean his basics are wrong too. On the flip side at least we know in Vidal's case it is just a question of form and not actual ability, in ogbonna's case he hasn't shown much of that and that is what is worrying
    You're telling me that Vidal is doing the basic things correctly? :shocked:

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #415
    For the large part yes, he's no where near the worst player in our team this season if that is what you're asking
    Obviously that's not what I was asking. And Vidal has made some mistakes often leading to unnecessary pressure.

Jul 20, 2012
    for $#@! sake this is the sort of $#@! that frustrates me when it comes to ogbonna, so much for having a great season according to those who praise him.

He has absolutely no drive, pace, strength, confidence nor ability! He spends most of his time ball watching and casually strolling back $#@!ing sell his ass already!

- - - Updated - - -

wasn't he having a great season? @AlexJuventino
    Still is baby. :heart:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    I believe it's more to do with trolling than anything else. It's like people praising "Lord" Bendtner, they know he's shit. Padoin is a generic player, there's nothing more to this game than receive-pass-pass-receive.

But as i said i'm not even mad. Fullbacks today are pretty bad anyway so we don't have a lot of options out there.
    Nah, I like him. He is 95% of the time a solid player. Nothing flashy by any means, but decent enough in multiple positions. Good to have on the bench.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    Nah, I like him. He is 95% of the time a solid player. Nothing flashy by any means, but decent enough in multiple positions. Good to have on the bench.
    It's easy to be solid when your team is the one always attacking and you take no risks whatsoever. Padoin does everything the simple and easy way. Which i'm not saying is bad. What i'm saying is you can't expect him to do more than just that like people here were.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    It's easy to be solid when your team is the one always attacking and you take no risks whatsoever. Padoin does everything the simple and easy way. Which i'm not saying is bad. What i'm saying is you can't expect him to do more than just that like people here were.
    He performed ok against Bayern if I remember correctly, but of course that was one game. And that's just what I expect from him, consistently executing the simple without worry when called upon. There's not much he could've done with the first goal in my opinion anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)