[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 1-2 Purple Rats (March 5th, 2015) (2 Viewers)

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Haven't posted here in an age, but felt to make a return. Yesterday's game was very frustrating, albeit a Coppa Italia game.

- Ogbonna is pretty awful, never seen him have a good/great game in my life. Our defense as a whole looked childish and disorganized for long spells.

- Marchisio despite a solid season was quite bad.

- Pogba, who i very much like, was average.

- I was pumped to see Coman get some more minutes, but my word, those 36 minutess were abysmal, poor fella. Hopefully he plays much better the next time he gets a chance.

- However,amongst all of this, the one thing bugging me the most is how bad Vidal has been. I want to say he looks a shell of his former self, but i can't even say that. He made some easy passes look difficult, he shot the ball with the confidence of a 3 year old schoolgirl, he drifted wide time and time again instead of playing central or in behind the strikers. I love Vidal, and something really needs to be done to address his performances. I don't know if his knee injury really affected him mentally or something, but he is a phenomenal player when in form, one of the best in the world, but since the World Cup onwards he has really, really struggled.

Anyone agree/disagree, any thoughts?

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Everyone disaster! Sack all! Firing squad!

Really, this shit every time a game doesn't go to plan. It goes from one extreme to the other.
That's tuz for you.

And this bashing on Padoin is pretty uncalled for.

1. He's only as fast as he can be, he stood no chance

2. H'es not a full back nor defender and can't be expected to read the game as well as defenders do.

3. We've all known FOR YEARS now that he's a below average player who take no risks and simply just do the basic. Pass, receive the ball and pass back.

If you're expecting more, you get someone who does more. Otherwise it's DUMB to be bashing on the guy just because he isn't as clever, as fast and as agile as his adversary. Want someone better for that LB role? GET someone better!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Haven't posted here in an age, but felt to make a return. Yesterday's game was very frustrating, albeit a Coppa Italia game.

- Ogbonna is pretty awful, never seen him have a good/great game in my life. Our defense as a whole looked childish and disorganized for long spells.

- I was pumped to see Coman get some more minutes, but my word, those 36 minutess were abysmal, poor fella. Hopefully he plays much better the next time he gets a chance.

- However,amongst all of this, the one thing bugging me the most is how bad Vidal has been. I want to say he looks a shell of his former self, but i can't even say that. He made some easy passes look difficult, he shot the ball with the confidence of a 3 year old schoolgirl, he drifted wide time and time again instead of playing central or in behind the strikers. I love Vidal, and something really needs to be done to address his performances. I don't know if his knee injury really affected him mentally or something, but he is a phenomenal player when in form, one of the best in the world, but since the World Cup onwards he has really, really struggled.

pretty much, especially on the point of ogbonna. Utterly horrendous

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013

It hurts me to watch Vidal play. I'm giving him the benefit of doubt til the Copa America. Maybe being back at his country for a month will help matters.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #386
    Was Ogbonna to blame for any of the goals? Padoin got raped on the first and Marchisio at fault on the second.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome back. Agree about the Vidal part. :tup:

Mafia

Pinturicchio
    Jul 21, 2006
    That's tuz for you.

2. H'es not a full back nor defender and can't be expected to read the game as well as defenders do.

3. We've all known FOR YEARS now that he's a below average player who take no risks and simply just do the basic. Pass, receive the ball and pass back.

If you're expecting more, you get someone who does more. Otherwise it's DUMB to be bashing on the guy just because he isn't as clever, as fast and as agile as his adversary. Want someone better for that LB role? GET someone better!
    Yep, I agree fully. What do people really expect? Padoin is extremely average and is a utility player, nothing more. If people want to complain they should complain about the fact that we bought Evra as our LB replacement, such an over the hill player. But oh well, you get what you pay for, couldn't agree with you more.

- - - Updated - - -

Was Ogbonna to blame for any of the goals? Padoin got $#@!d on the first and Marchisio at fault on the second.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome back. Agree about the Vidal part. :tup:
    Cheers man. I agree, the goals didn't really have anything to do with him. I just kind of find in general he isn't "Juve material" although i hate that phrase lol. Didn't mean to overly bash him, just find that whenever he plays our defense as a unit seems to have a hard time. I guess to be fair it's Coppa Italia and we play some of the lesser players and drop Chiellini..so no big surprise that we struggle more.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #388
    Cheers man. I agree, the goals didn't really have anything to do with him. I just kind of find in general he isn't "Juve material" although i hate that phrase lol. Didn't mean to overly bash him, just find that whenever he plays our defense as a unit seems to have a hard time. I guess to be fair it's Coppa Italia and we play some of the lesser players and drop Chiellini..so no big surprise that we struggle more.
    That was more directed at badass regarding his hate for Ogbonna but your points are accurate nonetheless :)

- - - Updated - - -

But Fiorentina are doing quite well so I'm sure we would have struggled in a league match playing full strength.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
    That was more directed at badass regarding his hate for Ogbonna but your points are accurate nonetheless :)

- - - Updated - - -

But Fiorentina are doing quite well so I'm sure we would have struggled in a league match playing full strength.
    The thing with Ogbonna is that it's the second time we catch him walking back like there isn't any danger, and both times ended up in goals. It's either lack of concentration or he's just tired and have the stamina of a sloth.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #390
    The thing with Ogbonna is that it's the second time we catch him walking back like there isn't any danger, and both times ended up in goals. It's either lack of concentration or he's just tired and have the stamina of a sloth.
    But again, he wasn't the one beaten on the goals was he?

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
    But again, he wasn't the one beaten on the goals was he?
    Doesn't matter, you don't jog when the adversary is inside your box and you're a defender. His attitude "Nah, they got this, they don't need me" cost us 2 goals. Maybe it's not totally his fault but he could have helped and chose to watch.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    That's tuz for you.

actually, he did very bad at defending Salah there. when you have a pacey player with the ball in his feet running at you and when youre the last man you are not trying to stop him 50 meters from the goal. you drop back slowly, and try to slow the attacker down so your teammates have time to get back in position. you also want to prevent him going to his strong foot so you close down one side, and open up the other. then you look at the replay again and see that Pado did nothing from above which gave Salah an easy way to the goal. this is something every footballer should know, average or not.

yes, hes definitely not a fullback (i dont even now what his natural position is, he played CM under Conte but i doubt thats it either) and shouldnt be played there. but since Asamoah is out its between him and PDC when Evra is getting some rest and im not sure who would i like to see play between the 2

agree, and thats specially why i dont like to see him at fullback, since in our formation fullbacks are very important, and having a player who "does nothing" playing there was limiting our options a lot

we have Evra and Asamoah. Evra is 33 and is playing pretty much with no rest, you can see that he is tired. Asamoah is very important for us, he cant return sooner really. as for the get someone better part, i think Darmian would be the best we can get. hes 25 and entering his best years, can cover both flanks which would allow us to rotate him with both Licht and Evra/Asa and it would also allow Asamoah to play more games in he middle. if we cant get him or want to save money for other positions, get someone younger and cheaper with potential like Zappacosta

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    We need to overhaul our fullback department especially when we're stuck in the past and all of our width comes from our full backs. It's unacceptable to have to rely on players like Padoin at full back when we have played with a 3-5-2 and now 4-3-1-2 for 4 fucking years almost.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Doesn't matter, you don't jog when the adversary is inside your box and you're a defender. His attitude "Nah, they got this, they don't need me" cost us 2 goals. Maybe it's not totally his fault but he could have helped and chose to watch.
    exactly. someone was explaining how Chiellini would reacted there, agree with that also. i liked him before, after Olympiacos i thought that was a bad mistake and it wont happen again, now i see that his attitude is shit and i dont want him here next season

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    It's not so much that he's directly responsible for the goals conceded, but he's certainly not fulfilling his role. How many times this season has he been caught casually tracking back when there is a real sign of threat in our third, he fails to track his runners and his application and awareness is absolutely shocking as is his concentration (lack of it) I'm not talking about just yesterday but several times this season and the last he has been the same, I cannot honestly recall a match where he has had an assured performance both physically and mentally. He is quite honestly one of the worst defensive signings for a very long time, I see no signs of him having improved or willing to improve and e has had plenty of opportunities to show what he can do but really I've seen enough and his days are numbered

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    That's tuz for you.

True but some members anticipate him as versatile,good,reliable for every position ,Padowin ,etc.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    It's not so much that he's directly responsible for the goals conceded, but he's certainly not fulfilling his role. How many times this season has he been caught casually tracking back when there is a real sign of threat in our third, he fails to track his runners and his application and awareness is absolutely shocking as is his concentration (lack of it) I'm not talking about just yesterday but several times this season and the last he has been the same, I cannot honestly recall a match where he has had an assured performance both physically and mentally. He is quite honestly one of the worst defensive signings for a very long time, I see no signs of him having improved or willing to improve and e has had plenty of opportunities to show what he can do but really I've seen enough and his days are numbered
    i saw Pado do this yesterday 2-3 times, forgot to add in my post above...

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
    Don't think Asamoah is the answer to our problems. Not sure how good he is as an LB. And unfortunately the fullback role is a dying breed so it's the hardest thing to find a decent one. I wish we had the money for Rodriguez.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)