Coppa Italia: JUVENTUS 1-2 Lazio [04/22/2009] (5 Viewers)

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I will never understand why Tiago starts over Poulsen.

This is not a dig a Tiago, the team would just be so much better balanced with a real DM in there.

We lost the midfield tonight, so we lost the game.
I don't know about that, tiago was installed to deliver balls to our wingers which he did in the first half, but when you have a stooge like marchioni it doesn't really help.

Im not defending tiago or anything, I just dont think it was the midfield who cost us the game, the lineup was shaped pretty bad from the start, ariudo was a disaster.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
everything i want to say is already mentioned so there is no point. i just want to make an emphasis on one point that came back to bite us in the ass. not fielding airado ( mind my spelling) often for harsh times like this. we dearly miss sissoko as evident by how the goals were conceded.

subs were dreadful specially the iquinta sub. the starting line up was just pooooor.

i personally dont think cammo's red was deserved i think it was too harsh a yellow would've been enough.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nothing could be done about the strikes by Zarate (fantastic) and Koralov, except for perhaps closing down a little more in defense. Tiago tried to help out Grygera before the pass to Zarate, but he was too late and so was the central defense against the wonderstrike. I thought the right side of the defense was much worse than the left side as Mellborg and Grygera are simply not up to tasks such as these.

The midfield was horrible as Giovinco couldn't get a lot going by himself and Marchionni was once again an embarrassment to all right-wingers in the game. We might as well just throw in another striker for all intents and purposes.

But I'm not really angry about this. My anger already peaked during the last few weeks anyway. We might as well just field Giovinco and some other youngsters like Iago, tell them to go put a show on for us, use the Brazilian 4-2-4 and try to give the spectators something to remember for their money.

The substitution of Nedved for Giovinco could only make me smile and laugh.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Mr. Tinkerman just wanted to give the middle finger to the entire Juve community with such horrible lineup! THis was pretty much IT for us and he just chose to throw it away in our faces. Season Over!
Bring back DD at the very least!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't know about that, tiago was installed to deliver balls to our wingers which he did in the first half, but when you have a stooge like marchioni it doesn't really help.

Im not defending tiago or anything, I just dont think it was the midfield who cost us the game, the lineup was shaped pretty bad from the start.
Lazio were in control of midfield because they had three players in the middle to our one and a half.

Tiago can't function in a 4-4-2 unless he has Sissoko beside him.

ariudo was a disaster.
No he wasn't.

He struggled a bit because he was left exposed and was often one-on-one against a player who has caused top Serie A defences trouble all season.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Nothing could be done about the strikes by Zarate (fantastic) and Koralov, except for perhaps closing down a little more in defense. Tiago tried to help out Grygera before the pass to Zarate, but he was too late and so was the central defense against the wonderstrike. I thought the right side of the defense was much worse than the left side as Mellborg and Grygera are simply not up to tasks such as these.

The midfield was horrible as Giovinco couldn't get a lot going by himself and Marchionni was once again an embarrassment to all right-wingers in the game. We might as well just throw in another striker for all intents and purposes.

But I'm not really angry about this. My anger already peaked during the last few weeks anyway. We might as well just field Giovinco and some other youngsters like Iago, tell them to go put a show on for us, use the Brazilian 4-2-4 and try to give the spectators something to remember for their money.

The substitution of Nedved for Giovinco could only make me smile and laugh.

Love it mate,the Nedved for Gio sub was like 'well I'm used to this now' but its still lame as hell.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Marceℓℓo;1963959 said:
Ranieri needs to go.Not because it's only his fault,but because I have the feeling that the squad don't want to continue working with him.We should let him finish off that season and then find a new coach for the new season.

And now excuse moi,but I most probably won't read the upcoming pages of pure hatred and insults towards Ranieri.
Precisely my sentiments.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I will never understand why Tiago starts over Poulsen.

This is not a dig a Tiago, the team would just be so much better balanced with a real DM in there.

We lost the midfield tonight, so we lost the game.
Well, Ranieri used Tiago and Marchisio at home against Chelsea, which wasn't too bad, so perhaps he thought it would work this time. But without our top two centerbacks facing Zarate, Rocchi and Ledesma, I would have fielded Poulsen as well.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Lazio were in control of midfield because they had three players in the middle to our one and a half.

Tiago can't function in a 4-4-2 unless he has Sissoko beside him.

No he wasn't.

He struggled a bit because he was left exposed and was often one-on-one against a player who has caused top Serie A defences trouble all season.

He struggled a lot, it was evident to me he was under immense pressure. I just don't want people here to think hes going to be our savior next season we always tend to overrate our homegrown talents. The kid still needs a lot of time and improvement to even be considered a squad player.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
[/B]

He struggled a lot, it was evident to me he was under immense pressure. I just don't want people here to think hes going to be our savior next season we always tend to overrate our homegrown talents. The kid still needs a lot of time and improvement to even be considered a squad player.
yeh but he was pretty good in the first half stop at least two 1 on 1's that i can remember. He looked a bit lost in the 2nd half when the team lost it's shape & he was exposed a lot more. but he can only get better with time. the experience would have served him well which can only be to our benefit in the long run

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
No-one has suggested that Ariaudo is ready to be playing regularly.
Some are overrating him in his thread check it out. I have a question, who was more to blame our midfield or our back line? Clearly the mid struggled but our back line was very poor...

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
everything i want to say is already mentioned so there is no point. i just want to make an emphasis on one point that came back to bite us in the ass. not fielding airado ( mind my spelling) often for harsh times like this. we dearly miss sissoko as evident by how the goals were conceded.

subs were dreadful specially the iquinta sub. the starting line up was just pooooor.

i personally dont think cammo's red was deserved i think it was too harsh a yellow would've been enough.
No-one has suggested that Ariaudo is ready to be playing regularly.
i think its time to field him he is really good and how the hell would he gain much needed confidencd and expierence if he does'nt play?!?!?!

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Man, it's hard to say anything that hasn't been said before. Ranieri WRONG, his tactics WRONG, our team spirit - what team spirit?

Everything in this match was wrong, and to make things worse Lazio were lucky with the Kolarov's goal and all our misses.

One thing I really don't undesrtand is why are we fielding our almost second string team in a game that is a must for us if we want to save at least a bit of this season?

And how come that everyone can see mistakes we are making, except Ranieri, but for real? Even birds on the trees around the stadium would change thing or two, but not our beloved coach.

When we lost to Chelsea in second leg I was proud that we were fighting till the end, and that Ranieri had balls to play with three attackers and that we showed we are not afraid of anyone and that we need just a little bit to become force we've been. But tonight, and not only tonight we showed tottaly opposite, something serious is going out with our team and we need to stop it quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)