Coppa Italia: JUVENTUS 1-2 Lazio [04/22/2009] (1 Viewer)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm not pro Spalletti, but I must say atleast this would change if we got him as coach. He plays very mobile football with constant passing. Gasperini's type of football is similar with Genoa, everyone from the defenders up takes initiative to take part in the build up, constant short passing and movement etc.
Our defense does not play the best mobile football if you ask me, as much as I would love that kind of play I don't think players with HEEHAW first touches like Marchionni, Grygera, IQ, Molinaro, even Chiellini at times will be comfortable doing that. To me that explains why the ball is constantly played long because many of the players out there are unable to play that short passing game. I would love that Os but the only players I think would be able to play that way is DP, Gio, Camo, Tiago, maybe Amauri and with or injury woes its hard to get them all in the field at the same time, especially with CRs tinkers lineups.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Defenders dont have to adjust much to play this type of football, just get used to the rythm of it after constant training (I mean likes of Pannucci and Riise, or Biavas and Modesto's arent better then ours technically).

But yeah, you have to get the players for this, not only training them for it. Regardless of the type of football, I dont want to see Grygera, Marchionni or Molinaro starting at all after this season (Iaquinta is used to this type of mobile footie after his Udinese days under Spalletti).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Defenders dont have to adjust much to play this type of football, just get used to the rythm of it after constant training (I mean likes of Pannucci and Riise, or Biavas and Modesto's arent better then ours technically). But yeah, you have to get the players for this, not only training. Regardless of the type of football, I dont want to see Grygera, Marchionni or Molinaro starting at all after this season.
Agreed.

As long as one of our mids is always making themselves available to receive the ball from our defenders I wouldn't see a problem, otherwise they have no options but to boot the ball up and hope we somehow get on the end of it which rarely happens.

I miss a defense that just leaves opposition offenses in pieces by the end of the game. I want to see a more physical intimidating defense like we used to have.

If Criscito comes back, we need to get more meat on his bones.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
TWO WORDS: LUCKY LAZIO!
They had a couple beautiful shots. But that's not the point. They earned and deserved to go through in this tie. We looked, played, and were inferior to Lazio. One good half out of four was simply not enough.

so where are the guys that bash molinaro everytime and claim de ceglie should be a starter on the left back ?
I don't think DC or Moli would have made a difference in the result.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Few things I would like to say looking at the situation we are facing right now and specially now that there are no ratings here since almost a month.

1- Taking a striker for another striker when you were in need of 4 goals is the most retarded thing I've seen this season. Alongside Ale subs for De Ceglie vs Napoli I think???

2- Someone mentioned (Stevie I think) that the only players are able to pass in our team are Del Piero Camoranesi and Giovinco. You're 100% spot on.

3- De Ceglie is looking like a clown to me more than a promising player.

4- Tiago needs to get the fuck out of Turin.

5- Whoever says and reject the idea of playing Ale and Giovinco together should be shot. They're the answer to our problems starting from midfield to upfront. They're a must playing together. Even for next year.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Few things I would like to say looking at the situation we are facing right now and specially now that there are no ratings here since almost a month.

1- Taking a striker for another striker when you were in need of 4 goals is the most retarded thing I've seen this season. Alongside Ale subs for De Ceglie vs Napoli I think???

2- Someone mentioned (Stevie I think) that the only players are able to pass in our team are Del Piero Camoranesi and Giovinco. You're 100% spot on.

3- De Ceglie is looking like a clown to me more than a promising player.

4- Tiago needs to get the fuck out of Turin.

5- Whoever says and reject the idea of playing Ale and Giovinco together should be shot. They're the answer to our problems starting from midfield to upfront. They're a must playing together. Even for next year.

That was me that said that:D

I agree, and have agreed for some time now that Tiago needs to go.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Eℓvin;1964786 said:
Our genius coach picked the worst game possible for that. That's the whole fuckin point, smartass.
oh yeah and if giovinco and de ceglie would not have played you would say that Ranieri does not even let them play in a meaningless coppa game ... it is always the same ... even if Ranieri did exactly field the players everybody here would call for, he would be bashed afterwards ... in fact there was a game a few matches ago, where he pretty much did field the players everybody here wanted to see and we lost against some crap team. please, if you are as clueless as ranieri, don't act like you know shit and always say that you did know better in the first place, because you don't.

DC got forward really well...combined with Seba a lot in the 1st half, and put in some pretty good crosses in the 2nd half...I would definitely like to see him play a lot more at LB
seems that you did miss that their right winger (don't know if it was a winger from lazio, but it was on their right wing) did easily just "walk" past de ceglie and enter the penalty box ... that is the so called bad defending everbody is trying to accuse molinaro for

it is really boring to read how everybody would have had better tactics and surely won if they were in charge ... you really got a lot of fantasy ...

and to spaletti ... omg, who in the world would call for spaletti to fix our bad defensive behaviour ? ah yes, the ones that always know better

you're all great

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I don't think DC or Moli would have made a difference in the result.
no one said that ... but de ceglie had a few situations that were pretty embarrassing (defensive wise), but no one said a thing.

de ceglie clearly showed that he has to learn many things defensively where molinaro did advance his defensive skill to being not noticable (which is good for a defender)

Sep 14, 2003
I just don't understand how we can be so inconsistant. We go on unbeaten runs, then we fall apart performance and result wise. We're not a great team, but we're not that bad either.

The end of the season can't come soon enough.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
that has always been Juve's problem...whenever we hit a bad patch, it goes for like 4-5 games...just don't know when we can turn it around, especially with our title and Coppa aspirations in tatters

medo

May 26, 2007
I thought it's sad I was to miss the game.. what is sadder is that I now don't regret missing it.. the last few game (Chievo, Genoa and even Inter) were a torture to watch.. and it's not the resutls.. but it's like we don't have passion anymore..
I'm sick of Ranieri.. I didn't care for the trophy, but losing it this way with two defeats is too much!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I just don't understand how we can be so inconsistant. We go on unbeaten runs, then we fall apart performance and result wise. We're not a great team, but we're not that bad either.

The end of the season can't come soon enough.
Its not that simple imo. There are many factors that go into that with the ultimate result being our inconsistency. For example the Chievo game, where it was horrendous defending that cost us the game, but other games like Genoa where it was a horrible performance by the whole team including Ranieri. Also as you said we are not a great team.

Overall I see those mishaps in the middle of some great runs attributed to weak direction, bad decision making by the coach and some players and well lack of personality.

For a month now all we have heard about is the Inter game from the top management, and i think it affected the team a lot. The doofus Gigli kept repeating to the media again and again and it distracted the players.

But from the inside I don't see Ranieri doing anything to keep the team focused. Also along the lines we have him with his tactical choices to mistakes like Mellberg's, Chiellini's or Camo's brain explosions.

Yeah..I hate it when the season finishes, but this time can't come soon enough

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
no one said that ... but de ceglie had a few situations that were pretty embarrassing (defensive wise), but no one said a thing.

de ceglie clearly showed that he has to learn many things defensively where molinaro did advance his defensive skill to being not noticable (which is good for a defender)
that's only cuz he was afforded vasts amounts of game time......i'm sure DC would have come on leaps and bounds as well if he was shown as much faith as moli

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
that's only cuz he was afforded vasts amounts of game time......i'm sure DC would have come on leaps and bounds as well if he was shown as much faith as moli
while that might be true, i don't think that you want to spend the next season with a very vulnerable left back just to get de ceglie to molinaros defensive level, do you ?

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
while that might be true, i don't think that you want to spend the next season with a very vulnerable left back just to get de ceglie to molinaros defensive level, do you ?
tru, but who is to say DC's learning curve wouldn't be a lot faster than moli's? but then it's a gamble cuz the opposite cud also be true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)