Coppa Italia: Cesena vs Juventus [08-23-2006] (14 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
“Trezeguet, Camoranesi and Del Piero will travel”

“I’m not going to reveal the starting line up as you never know what might happen between now and tomorrow evening, but Kovac is back to fitness and will travel to Cesena, along with Trezeguet, Camoranesi and Del Piero. The three internationals are not fully match fit but having put in a good ten to twelve days work they are in good condition and will play some part in tomorrow’s game”.

With the return of the World Cup finalists, Didier Deschamps has a strong squad available for Wednesday night’s second round Tim Cup tie with Cesena, although he is not expecting a walk-over: “Everyone wants to beat Juventus, and with a sell-out crowd behind the home side, it certainly won’t be easy”. Whatever happens on Wednesday, the Bianconeri coach is confident his team are well on their way to being ready for the start of the championship: “We still don’t know which division we will be playing in, but the championship is due to start on the 9th or 10th of September and we must be prepared. The uncertainty surrounding our future hasn’t affected the work we’ve done or the attitude of the players. The return of the internationals has a had a very positive impact; they’re working well, with smiles on their faces, and are very committed to the task at hand. The team spirit is also fantastic and it’s great to see that desire and togetherness from everyone. We still need to improve our movement, develop the relationships between the players on the field and make sure the set plays we work on in training become second nature, but so far we are working well and things are looking good for the start of the championship”.

Finally, Deschamps turned his attention to team tactics: “I will base my formation on the players I have available. I will try and ensure that everyone is playing in the position they are most comfortable with, to make the most of their individual qualities, but we have a certain degree of flexibility within the squad. For example, Marchionni can play on both the right and the left and Del Piero is dangerous and effective in a variety of positions. You could say the only two certainties are Trezeguet up front and Buffon in goal!”.

Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

aingy

Jun 29, 2006
ReBeL said:
The call-ups

The following are the players who will travel to Cesena for the Bianconeri’s second round Tim Cup tie:

14 Federico Balzaretti
2 Alessandro Birindelli
22 Emanuele Belardi
9 Valeri Bojinov
1 Gianluigi Buffon
16 Mauro Camoranesi
3 Giorgio Chiellini
10 Alessandro Del Piero
8 Giuliano Giannichedda
23 Tomas Guzman
4 Robert Kovac
30 Nicola Legrottaglie
32 Marco Marchionni
15 Claudio Marchisio
12 Antonio Mirante
11 Pavel Nedved
19 Matteo Paro
17 David Trezeguet
25 Marcelo Zalayeta
6 Cristiano Zanetti

:weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
ReBeL said:
“Finally, Deschamps turned his attention to team tactics: “I will base my formation on the players I have available. I will try and ensure that everyone is playing in the position they are most comfortable with, to make the most of their individual qualities, but we have a certain degree of flexibility within the squad. For example, Marchionni can play on both the right and the left and Del Piero is dangerous and effective in a variety of positions. You could say the only two certainties are Trezeguet up front and Buffon in goal!”.

Juventus.com

Deschamps hinting that he'll accomodate all the stars(Del Piero,Trezeguet, Camoranesi, Marchionni and Nedved together) in one line-up? In the future are at least, when everyone is match fit.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
My starting Line-up:

------------------Buffon-----------------

Balzaretti---Kovac--Birindelli--Chiellini

----Camo----C. Zanetti----Nedved----

-----------------Del Piero---------------

----------Bojinov-------Trezeguet------

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
Juve_25 said:
My starting Line-up:

thx god. I was just gonna yell at you until I realized that this isn't the juve alltime 11 thread ...

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Morra10 said:
what golf is ridicolous? i can admit curling sucks but golf has some of the best athletes in the world. golf is a great game!
I was elaborating on a point Don Bes made about CL football in Canada not being shown cause there is golf, curling or tennis on. Its ridicolous they show that over a CL round of 16 match.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
huh so true Gigi and Trez are the only ones with just one position :D

oh Juve has always consisted of flexible players ;) Love it...

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Shyne said:
I was elaborating on a point Don Bes made about CL football in Canada not being shown cause there is golf, curling or tennis on. Its ridicolous they show that over a CL round of 16 match.

ya very ridiculous that in CANADA they show a sport which is more popular then another sport. they want T.V ratings, so they make money. you dont have to worry about it anymore because tsn isnt covering golf anymore after this season.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Canada is probably the only country in the world that is absolutely indifferent to soccer :groan: and I just happen to live there :wallbang:

Life sux :D

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Elvin said:
Canada is probably the only country in the world that is absolutely indifferent to soccer :groan: and I just happen to live there :wallbang:

Life sux :D

ya.....free health care, great communities, a quarter of the violence from other places, no wars....... now that i think about it canada does suck

and every juve game last year was shown, execpt for a few coppa italia matches.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Juve_25 said:
My starting Line-up:

If thats for tomorrows game i'd say its too early to put in all the stars. I'd play:

-----------Buffon-----------------
Balzaretti------Kovac/Tudor---------Birindelli-----------Chiellini
--------Marchionni--------Paro--------Zanetti-----------
---------------------------Nedved---------------
----------------Bojinov-------------Trezeguet

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Morra10 said:
ya very ridiculous that in CANADA they show a sport which is more popular then another sport. they want T.V ratings, so they make money. you dont have to worry about it anymore because tsn isnt covering golf anymore after this season.
The thing is, soccer (football) is more popular than tennis, golf and especially curling. It is the most played youth sport in Canada, above hockey. Not to mention the huge multi-cultural society that defines Canada, most of whom prefer football to all the "Canadian" sports. Ignorant networks like TSN are trying to preserve this false image of being Canadian, thats y they dont show football.

Now that GolTv isn't showing Juve, im absolutely screwed as to watching Juve games. Ill have to download them the next day or something (if there r torrents even available).

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Morra10 said:
ya.....free health care, great communities, a quarter of the violence from other places, no wars....... now that i think about it canada does suck

and every juve game last year was shown, execpt for a few coppa italia matches.
Well, you're not the one who used to live in Monaco, right?

:):D

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Shyne said:
The thing is, soccer (football) is more popular than tennis, golf and especially curling. It is the most played youth sport in Canada, above hockey. Not to mention the huge multi-cultural society that defines Canada, most of whom prefer football to all the "Canadian" sports. Ignorant networks like TSN are trying to preserve this false image of being Canadian, thats y they dont show football.

Now that GolTv isn't showing Juve, im absolutely screwed as to watching Juve games. Ill have to download them the next day or something (if there r torrents even available).

thats funny that you said the most popular YOUTH sport. ill agree on that because its true. but your disregarding the older aged population. alot of older men love golf. i work at a private club and we have 900 members, my buddy works at another private club and he has 1900 members. also alot of younger people like myself are adopting the game. so its closer then you think.

and by the way ask any canadian what sport is most popular in canada and 9/10 of them will say hockey.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
......................Buffon

Balza-------Biri----------Kovac-------Chiellini

Marchionni--------Zanetti------------Guzman

---------------------Nedved

-------------Bojinov---------Zalayeta

ADP, Trezegol, Camo will probably only c a sub appearance. I expect DD to start with the players who have been in training the longest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)