Copa America 2016 Centenario - General Discussion (7 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Every time Messi walks out there people expect him to score. Every single time. And he almost always does.

It's not like he's not used to pressure. If I had to pick a bitch between you and Messi, I'd know where to look.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Take It easy "obedient XXXXXXX"

- - - Updated - - -

If u are the best you need to be when It matter most.

Jordan, Schumacher, Federer, Rossi. They are the greatest cuz they don't crack under pressure.

Everyone takes care of messi and farca and everyone can see that. There's not one single game the refs aren't another farca player. You could search for how many penalties they got last year that weren't and if u are still blind, see how many times they played against 10-men squads. And if u are still hesitated you could watched how farca players reacted against espanyol after the ref didn't do his usual farca job. Even Suares throw some punches

And your Welcome but you need a lot more lessons about this sport

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rufio

Nov 24, 2012
Every time Messi walks out there people expect him to score. Every single time. And he almost always does.

It's not like he's not used to pressure. If I had to pick a bitch between you and Messi, I'd know where to look.
To be named the best player in the world and for some (delusional) the GOAT, you need to have a personality trait that goes along with it. This autistic bearded hipster can make 10 goals on Camp Nou vs Getafe and choke when it matters.

BTW, congrats on almost not sounding butthurt.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
To be named the best player in the world and for some (delusional) the GOAT, you need to have a personality trait that goes along with it. This autistic bearded hipster can make 10 goals on Camp Nou vs Getafe and choke when it matters.

BTW, congrats on almost not sounding butthurt.
I've never liked Messi. Every game he lost I've been happy. I thought he was less than half the man guys like Tevez or Lavezzi were. I thought Messi tried to emulate them, tried to get some personality by getting tattoos and a beard. It didn't work. It was ridiculous.

But now.. Something finally happened. Somewhere underneath all the Barca rubbish there was a man after all. Finally it all broke down. Finally Messi became an actual person.

And now that he did, he has a story. Argentina to win it in 2018. With Messi.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If Mascherano is still hands down the worlds best defensive midfielder at argentina, he'll carry Messi trough the knockouts to the final.

And in that final, Dybala will carry the Juventus winning mentality, and decide the game.

Alike seven, never liked Messi. Never rated a player domminating in the worst defensive era in history, seeing legends domminate against legends 1-2 decades earlyer. Barcelona, 2 undeserved ballon d'ors and people forgetting what it was supposed to be.

Seeing him break down, brought me no joy but sadness. He increasingly upped his efforts to get argentina a price , and its cruelly rejected every time.

Mascherano has to stay at this level 2 additional years. 2018 is Messi's last chance.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can't believe the people who were happy to see him lose it tbh. The man lost 4 consecutive finals. As Juventus fans, I think we are ill placed to mock him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I can't believe the people who were happy to see him lose it tbh. The man lost 4 consecutive finals. As Juventus fans, I think we are ill placed to mock him.

As Juventus fans we are well-placed to both mock and empathize, having experienced enough of our own misery in finals.

Aside from this, Messi needs no sympathy. He makes about 50 mil a year to play a game. Which is perfectly fine, as fans create that value. But it also means, we, as fans can ride the shit out of a pretender to the greatest of all time when he massively chokes in 4 straight finals with his national team. And yes, there is no denying he massively chokes. To have no goals or assists in 4 international finals is pathetic for a guy who scores over a goal a game for his club, and leads his league in assists. the chances people bash Higuain for missing (and rightly so) in these cup finals, none of them were created by Messi. That's very telling. He's not just failing to score, he's also failing to create good chances. He's been atrocious.

So yeah, every ounce of mocking and bashing is as deserved for him as any other athlete. It's called fandom.

As I said, I genuinely feel sorry for the guy this time around, but I entirely understand those who take joy in his failures.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
If Mascherano is still hands down the worlds best defensive midfielder at argentina, he'll carry Messi trough the knockouts to the final.

And in that final, Dybala will carry the Juventus winning mentality, and decide the game.
Dat famous Juventus winning mentality in finals :tuttosport:

And good to see that you're still going completely hyperbole with Mascherano.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The guy tore his anus preventing Robben to score.

I used to NT midfielders not running over 9km cause the sweat would ruin their purse and nailpolish

What did you expect

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #1,357
    As Juventus fans we are well-placed to both mock and empathize, having experienced enough of our own misery in finals.

Aside from this, Messi needs no sympathy. He makes about 50 mil a year to play a game. Which is perfectly fine, as fans create that value. But it also means, we, as fans can ride the shit out of a pretender to the greatest of all time when he massively chokes in 4 straight finals with his national team. And yes, there is no denying he massively chokes. To have no goals or assists in 4 international finals is pathetic for a guy who scores over a goal a game for his club, and leads his league in assists. the chances people bash Higuain for missing (and rightly so) in these cup finals, none of them were created by Messi. That's very telling. He's not just failing to score, he's also failing to create good chances. He's been atrocious.

So yeah, every ounce of mocking and bashing is as deserved for him as any other athlete. It's called fandom.

As I said, I genuinely feel sorry for the guy this time around, but I entirely understand those who take joy in his failures.
    :agree: Agreed, Except the last part. I don't feel sorry for him, not even a bit. Messi has always been the furthest from the kind of player I like to watch which is someone truly passionate, and I don't give a shit now that he's finally showed feelings.

I give even less of a shit now that he's given up which is absolutely ridiculous, he's still young enough, apparently healthy, talented and Argentina has a good squad. A title is bound to come sooner or later. By giving up he's basically showing to the world his true colors, which is of a pussy who's way too comfy in his comfort zone at Barcelona.

As I've said before, Messi would only get my respect (Not that anyone gives a shit) if he leaves Barcelona for any other club - that's not Guardiola's as I'd love to see him under any system but tiki taka driven - and carry that team to a major title as the main driving force behind them. Then he would prove he can cross the street without his mom holding his hand, because so far, 4 fucking finals and 4 times he's nowhere to be found and this time he even skied a pk, so add that to the loser count.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    :agree: Agreed, Except the last part. I don't feel sorry for him, not even a bit. Messi has always been the furthest from the kind of player I like to watch which is someone truly passionate, and I don't give a shit now that he's finally showed feelings.

I give even less of a shit now that he's given up which is absolutely ridiculous, he's still young enough, apparently healthy, talented and Argentina has a good squad. A title is bound to come sooner or later. By giving up he's basically showing to the world his true colors, which is of a pussy who's way too comfy in his comfort zone at Barcelona.

As I've said before, Messi would only get my respect (Not that anyone gives a shit) if he leaves Barcelona for any other club - that's not Guardiola's as I'd love to see him under any system but tiki taka driven - and carry that team to a major title as the main driving force behind them. Then he would prove he can cross the street without his mom holding his hand, because so far, 4 fucking finals and 4 times he's nowhere to be found and this time he even skied a pk, so add that to the loser count.
    :tup:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Wrong.

Baggio actually had inspiring performances in the world cup. Messi has mostly disappointed with Argentina in knockout competitions. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in WC 2010 but in 2014, by his standards, he was woeful.

I can't think of a single iconic Messi knockout performance in a big international event. All other great legends of previous era's had some.

Stats wise its good but his NT career is hardly anything extraordinary. This Copa is probably the best he performed in an Argentina shirt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)