Copa America 2016 Centenario - General Discussion (6 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Kranevitter looks like a good prospect for the mid, we will see how he fares in atleti. Honestly what they really need is a good coach who can handle the afa, the press, and the players.
Yup, but that's gonna be tough as hell.
If Germany, Italy or Spain have Argentina's talent pool, they'll be winning one big tournament after another. Actually, Spain had such talents and they did win everything possible.
The western European societies make it so much easier for their athletes to win. They prepare them psychologically much better and put much less pressure on them. The Balkans are a mini version of South America, and I can imagine what the real problem is for this super talented Argentina.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yup, but that's gonna be tough as hell.
If Germany, Italy or Spain have Argentina's talent pool, they'll be winning one big tournament after another. Actually, Spain had such talents and they did win everything possible.
The western European societies make it so much easier for their athletes to win. They prepare them psychologically much better and put much less pressure on them. The Balkans are a mini version of South America, and I can imagine what the real problem is for this super talented Argentina.
:tup:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Pele is a fraud.
Well, if you're talking about his business ventures after playing football, 100% correct.

Of course. But my sentiment was not about Messi, but about some of the posters here. I don't care for the guy, at all. But when people kick others when they're down, it reflects poorly on them.
Agreed on this. Schadenfreude is the worst kind of perfume.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Had my laughs about Messi, but this footage is sad. You just see he can't take it anymore.

[video=facebook;10153792988367684]https://www.facebook.com/culesdelfcbarcelona/videos/10153792988367684/[/video]

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Had my laughs about Messi, but this footage is sad. You just see he can't take it anymore.
He really has the expectations of his nation on his shoulders. I have to imagine he is under insane pressure. You come from the nation of Maradona, you're told you're the best in the world, your team is ranked #1 in the world, and so people have expectations of "what's your problem?" Even when it's more the fault of a Higuain than it is of Messi. It's a pretty raw deal.

Rufio

Nov 24, 2012
Sorry nigs, see ya in Confederations Cup when the best midfielder in the world will take on your collective Euro/African/Asian behinds.

xoxo

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Messi and Ronaldo earn a total of 200 million euros a year for PLAYING football and people still feel bad for them when they cry over a game.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Messi and Ronaldo earn a total of 200 million euros a year for PLAYING football and people still feel bad for them when they cry over a game.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry nigs, see ya in Confederations Cup when the best midfielder in the world will take on your collective Euro/African/Asian behinds.

xoxo
He was a beast last night, when chile got the red card, they started to play better cuz Vidal covered all the midfield... A fucking beast and is a joy see him play but I still kind of hate him... I can't avoid it

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He really has the expectations of his nation on his shoulders. I have to imagine he is under insane pressure. You come from the nation of Maradona, you're told you're the best in the world, your team is ranked #1 in the world, and so people have expectations of "what's your problem?" Even when it's more the fault of a Higuain than it is of Messi. It's a pretty raw deal.
To be fair, I don't get how it isn't the fault of Messi? Higuain's chance came from a Medel slip.

Messi the guy who scores more than a goal per game for Barca... Has not scored in 3 straight finals for Argentina... With extra time in all 3. In 360 minutes of football, not 1 goal, not 1 assist. He's hardly created any good chances in the 3 finals.

If you are supposed to be the best attacking player in the history of the game, playing for a powerhouse team... that's massive underperformance to say the very least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)