Copa America 2016 Centenario - General Discussion (7 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dybala-icardi also fire tata and bring in sampaoli or gareca

- - - Updated - - -

Man you should see what kind of pressure they put him under all week, really insane. I don't care for messi one way or the other but it's like they didn't want him to win
Icardi-Dybala

the cunt & the nice guy to bring a WC to Argentina. though i hope someone else than Icardi will be it

- - - Updated - - -

Mascherano and Agüero retiring too

:lol:
OK, this is bad. they wont win shit without Mascherano

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I can't stand Messi, but it's pathetic how people want to kick a guy when he's down. It's the first time in his career he has actually shown glimpses of true emotion and I'm glad that it's finally become obvious that he is a man and not a machine. Of course retiring from the NT is a very poor decision and it's unwise to make any decision whatsoever in the heat of the moment, but the pride some people take in another man's downfall is inexplicable to me. Messi, footballwise, has achieved far far more than anyone on this forum can ever dream of.

He's annoying, he's a cunt, he plays for arguably the worst club in the history of football, but you lot sicken me.
Messi gets paid millions to kick a ball if you are trying to find sense you are at the wrong place, i say if he makes a living off of people's emotions then he should endure the whole spectrum.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Messi gets paid millions to kick a ball if you are trying to find sense you are at the wrong place, i say if he makes a living off of people's emotions then he should bear the whole spectrum.
Of course. But my sentiment was not about Messi, but about some of the posters here. I don't care for the guy, at all. But when people kick others when they're down, it reflects poorly on them.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ignoring Di Maria, Aguero, Higuain and then mentioning Mascherano.

Your statement would've been more credible if you said Messi is the ONLY WC player in that squad.
lol Mascherano>anyone you mentioned. youre right that di Maria and Aguero, perhaps Higuain too are WC but Mascherano is clearly better than them

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Icardi-Dybala

the cunt & the nice guy to bring a WC to Argentina. though i hope someone else than Icardi will be it

- - - Updated - - -

OK, this is bad. they wont win shit without Mascherano
Kranevitter looks like a good prospect for the mid, we will see how he fares in atleti. Honestly what they really need is a good coach who can handle the afa, the press, and the players.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
:tuttosport:

@Fr3sh @Post Ironic its Dybala time :tuttosport:
Argentina to win the next world cup!! :tuttosport:

Dybala #10

- - - Updated - - -

I can't stand Messi, but it's pathetic how people want to kick a guy when he's down. It's the first time in his career he has actually shown glimpses of true emotion and I'm glad that it's finally become obvious that he is a man and not a machine. Of course retiring from the NT is a very poor decision and it's unwise to make any decision whatsoever in the heat of the moment, but the pride some people take in another man's downfall is inexplicable to me. Messi, footballwise, has achieved far far more than anyone on this forum can ever dream of.

He's annoying, he's a cunt, he plays for arguably the worst club in the history of football, but you lot sicken me.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Simeone.

Should do dual role or club and NT.
Under normal circumstances I don't think managers make a lot of difference. But the combination of Simeone's ability to give a team grinta and Argentina's abundance of talent makes me think they'd be favourites for the next World Cup.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Kranevitter looks like a good prospect for the mid, we will see how he fares in atleti. Honestly what they really need is a good coach who can handle the afa, the press, and the players.
Mascherano is a great character and leader in the locker room, he was the true captain of this team and as amazing of a player as he is, those qualities will be even more missed. i hope he thinks it over and stays for the next WC atleast

agree about the coach, this Tata guy should leave

- - - Updated - - -

Argentina to win the next world cup!! :tuttosport:

Dybala #10

- - - Updated - - -

he will bring them the WC after 32 years :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

CR7 and Messi are the greatest players of all time.
:rofl:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Mascherano is a great character and leader in the locker room, he was the true captain of this team and as amazing of a player as he is, those qualities will be even more missed. i hope he thinks it over and stays for the next WC atleast

I think his leadership qualities are overstated, he is a warrior no doubt but he doesn't take on the pressure or inspire others to rise above it when needed.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

he will bring them the WC after 32 years :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl:
It's the Apache curse. They should've taken Tevez. 2 copa America and a WC would have cemented messis's legacy. But no tevez. So the Apache shaman casted a curse on em. Now only tevez and Dybala can win.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But that pressure is warranted because (a) he is not your normal world class player. He set the standards high by his performances at club level and so the expectation created as a result of how great he has been is also higher than what any other player gets. Pogba is under insane pressure too (not Messi level but still very high) because he is being billed as the next big thing and as the most expensive transfer of all time.

He is also under immense pressure because (b) people rightly realize that he is playing in a fantastic squad. Ronaldo is as close to Messi as any player can get but the same demands are not made of him because his squad sucks. Messi's squad on the other hand includes the likes of Aguero, and Higuain. Each of these players leads a team's attack on his own.

Finally (c), is the competitors squad levels compared to Argentina. On paper Argentina should be from a different planet than Chile or any other south american team. If they were competing against Germany or Spain for the cup then there is grounds for understanding the likelihood of defeat. But here they competing against Chile, a squad that has only 2 top players that fields Isla as a starter and they lost twice in a row against the same team having failed to create any decent number of chances throughout. I do not hold losing to Germany against him at all. Germany is a top team.

I realize Messi is not exactly to blame for these losses against Chile. I think he had a good game considering how he was marked and that Argentina's problem was largely tactical. The attack was starved for service throughout. Fine your coach sucks and the tactical setup makes your attack starved of service and so you lost. Own up to it and try again the next time with a new coach that would make a different setup. You were already very close with that poor setup in place. Push for a better setup and try again. Don't quit.
I think u are underestimating a little this chilean team. They maybe have not the names the attack of argetina has, but the level they played on the whole cup is a world class level and one worthy of beating the best in the world.

About Messi and argetina, yeah i agree that this team is overrated. The defeat seems choking , but behind it you can see a team that is overreliant on Messi and they let him carry the burden alone. Higuain keeps missing the final ball, from the 3rd time straight. Di maria is made of noodle, no wonder they call him "El fideo"....he is another choker indirectly because he is never there when his team needs it. Aguero behaves like a nobody.

Nah dude pressure is never warranted and especially not do a final, the argies disposed of this same chile easily, why? Coz they have more quality and played with no pressure, now today pipa kun messi choke hard denying their team the title, why? Pressure
You can have all the quality in the world, but in the end is a game of 11. Italy in the past has been full of great names and equally choked. Chile is playing superbly as a team, like i said before, they are playing world class, and that beats any group of big name individuals. The argie team is not "supreme" anyways....they have a bunch of superb attackers who seem to not be able to work together.... but at the back just mascherano is WC, the rest are okaish...and thei coach sucks. Add to that higuain choking and dimaria broken... and the team doesnt look so unbeatable anymore.

Messi gets paid millions to kick a ball if you are trying to find sense you are at the wrong place, i say if he makes a living off of people's emotions then he should endure the whole spectrum.
Messi pussied out, no question. In my opinion he needs to cn¡ontinue trying until his legs cannot do it anymore. Thats his duty and thats the burden he needs to endure for being the best. He just cannot let it end like this. Argentina most likely will not win in the upcoming WC, but he NEEDS to face that test like a man and fail maybe , but with no regrets that he tried until his body could endure.

For someone like him, who is talented as fuk and healthy...is an insult to call it quits at 29..... when players like Van basten would have sacrificed a baby in order to play a couple years more. Its really a bad decition. he is depressed right now...but this kind of decitions cannot be done in the heat of the moment

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think his leadership qualities are overstated, he is a warrior no doubt but he doesn't take on the pressure or inspire others to rise above it when needed.
i dont know, well see when they play their next tournament, if the rest of the team plays better when hes not around. maybe its a good thing him and Messi and Aguero are gone. maybe there wont be that much pressure on the team anymore and they can perform better now

- - - Updated - - -

It's the Apache curse. They should've taken Tevez. 2 copa America and a WC would have cemented messis's legacy. But no tevez. So the Apache shaman casted a curse on em. Now only tevez and Dybala can win.
will we finally see a Tevez-Dybala attack? that would be so glorious. the great Juventus Argentine and his successor join forces to take their nation to glory again :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)