Copa America 2016 Centenario - General Discussion (3 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He was standing there. He didn't move into his path, he didn't throw out an elbow or something. Do you want him to dive out of the way? He didn't do anything malicious.
I think he did intentionally get into the way to obstruct Messi. He took a risk and it backfired. Someone just said that this ref has a record of being very strict.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
This is not basketball you cant run screens
Messi kicked the ball passed him and just ran into him, what is he supposed to do there? And it happens all the time when a player blocks an opponent when the ball is going out in order to receive a throw-in or goal kick.

Mar 9, 2006
I think he did intentionally get into the way to obstruct Messi. He took a risk and it backfired. Someone just said that this ref has a record of being very strict.
He took the risk? HE even turned around FFS what else he could do? Move away and let messi go to 1on1 meeting with GK? He didn't block Messi, it was Messi that run into Diaz and he did it on purpose, he wanted to provoke referee, 2nd time he received yellow for diving when he did the same thing inside Chile's box, this referee is retarded, period.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Messi kicked the ball passed him and just ran into him, what is he supposed to do there? And it happens all the time when a player blocks an opponent when the ball is going out in order to receive a throw-in or goal kick.
He made no effort to go for the ball he was caught knees locked and had to foul, really obvious foul

- - - Updated - - -

Of course this is better to watch, drama, intensity etc. Problem is these teams won't win shit against organised eu teams.

So what you were expecting him to do? Step aside?
Play the ball at least attempt to run back instead of just stopping player progress

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Really? He was a waste of a lot of money. Didnt have a handful of decent games in a Juve shirt. Fucked us against Galata and spent the rest of his career on loan without ever impressing in even mickeymouse leagues to make us some money. And the cherry on top is him saying that Juve is a stepping stone for him to join Madrid at the very first week of signing for us. Not a single good memory of him. Many bad ones.

He is gone this summer btw so you dont have to be in the awkward position of defending him just because Juve owns him. If we have that conversation in a month (when his move is official) will you agree with me?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Really? He was a waste of a lot of money. Didnt have a handful of decent games in a Juve shirt. Fucked us against Galata and spent the rest of his career on loan without ever impressing in even mickeymouse leagues to make us some money. And the cherry on top is him saying that Juve is a stepping stone for him to join Madrid at the very first week of signing for us. Not a single good memory of him. Many bad ones.

He is gone this summer btw so you dont have to be in the awkward position of defending him just because Juve owns him. If we have that conversation in a month will you agree with me?
i dont defend him, but i dont blame you for thinking so, youre imagining a lot of things lately, so youre forgiven. the only thing i said is i dont hate him, and why would i? he was bad at Juve and thats why hes out on loan and not part of the team, but i couldnt care less about him really

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I loved how the Argentina players and el Tata complained to the ref at the end of the first half. They were saying that ref had shown a red card to Aranguis right after the Rojo foul on Vidal but then didn't send him off.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's basic defending but i don't expect you to get it if you see an opposing player charging in space you don't stand like a tree unless you wanna make sure the player doesn't get past you at any cost
It looked to me like he got caught cross legged. Happens all the time but usually the player runs past you instead of at you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)