Continue with Stadio Torino? (5 Viewers)

jgunner84

Mar 28, 2006
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football ... ep29h.html

I am an Arsenal fan.I saw this article and it was interesting to note that Trezeguet is happy with the new stadium because of its much better atmosphere.He says there is a certain closeness with the fans and also he doesn't see much empty seats in the stadium.

So do you think it is better to continue with the same stadium till Juventus are comfortable financially? Because there are many advantages of playing here.Good atmosphere is a very important part of football.There is no point in going back to the renovated Delle Alpi if the running track is not removed.

I say it is always better to have a small stadium and a good atmosphere.

One question,did Juve and Torino share the Grande torino before 1990?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't really think it's an option. And I know FC Torino can't wait to get our asses out of there.

And yes, Juve and Torino have shared the Communale prior.

OP

jgunner84

Mar 28, 2006
  • Thread Starter #3
    swag said:
    I don't really think it's an option. And I know FC Torino can't wait to get our asses out of there.
    There is no other way isn't it? Because already you guys are short of money.So when you get promoted next year(I am sure of that) you will be spending big.Maybe on big name players.So how can you spend money on stadium renovation or building a new stadium?

Financially it makes sense to stay in Grande torino.Don't you think?

Jun 19, 2006
    jgunner84 said:
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football ... ep29h.html

I am an Arsenal fan.I saw this article and it was interesting to note that Trezeguet is happy with the new stadium because of its much better atmosphere.He says there is a certain closeness with the fans and also he doesn't see much empty seats in the stadium.

So do you think it is better to continue with the same stadium till Juventus are comfortable financially? Because there are many advantages of playing here.Good atmosphere is a very important part of football.There is no point in going back to the renovated Delle Alpi if the running track is not removed.

I say it is always better to have a small stadium and a good atmosphere.

One question,did Juve and Torino share the Grande torino before 1990?
    running track will be removed, but sadly, nothing happened so far, evrything has been delayed - that sucks

ramzax

Jan 10, 2003
    jgunner84 said:
    There is no other way isn't it? Because already you guys are short of money.So when you get promoted next year(I am sure of that) you will be spending big.Maybe on big name players.So how can you spend money on stadium renovation or building a new stadium?

Financially it makes sense to stay in Grande torino.Don't you think?
    I think this is the best way.
    why do we need to get back to Delle Alpi when the majority of fans prefer Grande Torino and it seems players as well. esp. if Delle Alpi remained as it is.

why would u leave a 27,000 seats stadium and go for a 65,000 seats stadium when the first is only hosting 16,000 - 20,000 max.

Jul 23, 2006
    ramzax said:
    I think this is the best way.
    why do we need to get back to Delle Alpi when the majority of fans prefer Grande Torino and it seems players as well. esp. if Delle Alpi remained as it is.

why would u leave a 27,000 seats stadium and go for a 65,000 seats stadium when the first is only hosting 16,000 - 20,000 max.
    :agree:

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    Imo, the board is going to rennovate delle alpi as soon as the financial status permit ... so until then we should play there and make use of our lease.
    Beside as the proffessor said FC Torino want our asses out from the comunale, so we shouldn't play there until it's a must, we wouldn't like them play in the delle alpi now, would we ?

And if the rennovations has stopped due to financial status why aren't we playing in the delle alpi again ?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    And unfortunately they're not removing the track or anything foundational.

One of the upsides of this season is that it's afforded the club an opportunity to better touch base with its fans and core values. I would hope a more intimate stadium would be one of them, because it's clear that the players are responding quite positively to the atmosphere in the Olimpico over the desolation of the delle Alpi.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
    I would prefer to stay in the communale until we have the money to renovate the delle alpi. I know, the communale has just 25.000 seats but our average attendance at the delle alpi last season was something like this. Returning to the old, dark delle alpi in which you can`t create a good atmosphere would make me depressed.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
    Juve should have his own stadium.

now that they diclaired the renuvation of the delle alpi they MUST remove the track

but as far as i know the track wasnt the only problem.... i think the stadium was far from the city center.

IMO they should lease the land and share the camunelle temperurary. and when we are financially stable we build a new stadium similar to sampdoria's or using english stadiums designs were the fans are almost inside the pitch

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The stadium isn't that far from the city center. Granted, it's out by the city limits and public transportation there could be a lot better. But it's readily accessible by car from the surrounding area and is only a 20 minute drive from downtown. And besides, real estate further in town might be far more expensive -- particularly if Juve, rather than the city, foots the bill.

Ideally, I would like to see Juve get into the business of stadium ownership the way you see clubs have successfully done in places like England. They get more of the receipts. And while they foot the costs (or through sponsorship, as is the usual case today), a private stadium has a far better chance of being a better stadium for fans. Public stadiums are built with operations in mind: i.e., minimizing maintenance costs. So instead of finer details, you get Soviet-style cement blocks that can be hosed down by the lowest-paid city employee.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
    i don't understand why we don't build a new one. we r one of the biggest clubs in the world... and we got the worst stadium i ever seen. look at barca madrid arsenal bayern schalke dortmund manu etc....
    i know that we have problems with money but why don't we make it like arsenal and make a emirate stadium in torino

xchloe007x

Jan 31, 2006
    Aslong as the Stadio Delle Alpi has the running track then we have to force Torino to let us stay haha, but the stadiums to small to continue playing in, a new stadium i think would be enough (aslong as its closer to the pitch) to attract a good amount of supporters, the only thing i ask is that it not be an 'arm rest' fan friendly stadium. That's the last thing i wanna see happen just like what has been happening in Madrid, where the ultras were driven away (not all ofcourse) to create a more family friendly atmosphere.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    neddy said the players love it there cuz the crowd is on top of them. i think since we are making a fresh start, we may as well have a new home too.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    It should be cause in the CL there were small teams last year like Artmedia Bratislava and Thun and i doubt they have much larger stadiums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)