Conte satisfied with team display (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Antonio Conte insists he is unable to fault his players for the effort displayed in this afternoon’s 1-1 draw with Parma at the Stadio Tardini.
Speaking after the game, the 43-year-old began: “We always showed desire to dictate the game and not sit back. We were in control of the encounter and it’s a pity to drop two points. If I was angry about how the Sampdoria defeat materialised, today I’m happy with the performance displayed.”
After Andrea Pirlo had shot the visitors ahead shortly after the interval courtesy of a trademark free-kick, Juventus were punished late on following a moment’s hesitation in the middle of the park.
And Conte had no qualms with shouldering the blame: “I told Vucinic to let the ball run, he left it and Paletta intercepted to play Sansone in on goal. I take responsibility for the goal conceded.
“It’s a shame because we deserved to win the game. We played against a strong side, unbeaten at home and had every possibility of taking all three points. If it wasn’t for that goal we’d be talking about a Juventus side capable of silencing the Tardini with a convincing performance.”
The 1-1 draw in Emilia-Romagna gives hope to the chasing pack gunning for top spot. And Conte predicted his men will be pushed all the way as they aim to reclaim last year’s Scudetto crown.
“The championship has always been an open contest and we know we must fight all the way. There are top quality sides who can hold their own such as Napoli, Lazio, Inter and Milan. It won’t be easy to retain last season’s title.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
:wth: They sat back on a one goal lead - Just like the Samp game! Is Toni turning into Del Neri or Ranieri?
Where is the REAL Toni????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)