computer science area (1 Viewer)

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
well i think we've so many members here who are into computer
world ,one creates web sites another developes programs etc
so i think it might be useful to share our idea and skills.

otherwise i think we can extend this thread to other jobs and
gain it's advantages.:)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    well ,around 5 months ago i said i'm going to develope into c#
    cause i like creativity of microsoft .
    now a days i'm building my first object and enjoy it a lot.
    by the way who is into programming , a marvelous world but
    quite exhausting ;)

have you heard recent microsoft announcemnet ;it's software
    as a service :

a day you power on your pc and your operating system boot up
    from internet (internet 2). you pay just for some specific
    features of adobe photoshop that you really want.
    it's the art of .NET//

what's your idea (nerdy) about them ?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Reza, pardon me for not sharing your enthusiasm but I've seem quite enough of Ms' sparkling new ideas. :groan: Just be prepared to cash out big time on anything they offer you. :(

And yeah, I've been doing a tiny bit of Delphi programming in the past, lately Java for school.

OP

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    take a look at www.codeproject.com .full of great information
    about .net and other things.
    and by the way martin, for a long time i had your feelings about microsoft
    but believe they're creative and what they offer each time ,comes
    from long long time challenging task .
    but anyway i like linux and other useful things around computer
    world.

by the way if i remember correctly you are not a freshman anymore ,in your second year yes?, well slow slow your view will be changed .although i know you are a professional right now ,aint you?;)

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Am not very enthusiastic about programming and that is why am here ..... am having a hard time grasping Java Script :embarass: Stop laughing at me Reza & Co. :LOL:
    On the other hand am into assembling PC's & networking them. Much more fun in my opinion.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Reza ] ++
    take a look at www.codeproject.com .full of great information
    about .net and other things.
    and by the way martin, for a long time i had your feelings about microsoft
    but believe they're creative and what they offer each time ,comes
    from long long time challenging task .
    but anyway i like linux and other useful things around computer
    world.

by the way if i remember correctly you are not a freshman anymore ,in your second year yes?, well slow slow your view will be changed .although i know you are a professional right now ,aint you?;)
    They may be creative but some of their latest methods I find quite repulsive. Recently I learnt you cannot upgrade Windows XP, you know hardware upgrade, because the system locks on a given set of components. So you have to get in touch with M$ and tell them all about it, so they can fix the problem for you, otherwise you can't use XP anymore. That kind of thing is just too much. :mad:

Yes, I'm not a freshman anymore, just done with my first year :D No, I'm not professional, I'm amateurish as they come, Reza... :D

DaJuve, I've never tried to get into JavaScript but assembling computers is not for me. I just had a hardware crash at home, had to replace my motherboard and cpu. :groan: No, I much prefer the software side of things ;)

OP

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    Am not very enthusiastic about programming and that is why am here ..... am having a hard time grasping Java Script :embarass: Stop laughing at me Reza & Co. :LOL:
    On the other hand am into assembling PC's & networking them. Much more fun in my opinion.
    are you a professional networker or just time to time you do whatever you offered?

you know i have a cures in networking ,i'l tell you.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    Trying to network my two computers has been like the worst 6 months of my life lol. I can handle most things on the computer, even program a little, but networking has made me throw in the towel

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I hear ya, I tried the same for a long while unsuccessfully. And the reason is that 2 computers is the toughest combination!! I set up 4 now with one of them working as a firewall and router for my adsl connection and it's working very well. But that two computer connection is hell!

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Reza ] ++
    are you a professional networker or just time to time you do whatever you offered?

you know i have a cures in networking ,i'l tell you.
    It is kind of a serious hobby for me. Not yet a professional but will be in time - hopefully! Currently am maintaing a network of 13 computers of which I assembled 12, installed the required software & networked them using a switch. So any networking cures will be highly appreciated Reza.

BiggIz & Martin networking 2 computers can be tricky if you don't know how to make a cross-over cable but if you do it is a breeze. All you need is:
    - 2 NIC (Network Interface Cards)
    - CAT 5e or higher (Category 5 Ethernet cable - Cable used to connect the 2 computers)
    - IP addresses for both computers.
    And hey presto!!!

++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    DaJuve, I've never tried to get into JavaScript but assembling computers is not for me. I just had a hardware crash at home, had to replace my motherboard and cpu. No, I much prefer the software side of things
    As for the assembly part it started out as a challenge when I bought my first computer. After 3 months I had already put it apart and assembled it again ofcourse I had to buy some very expensive books & I spent many hours studying :D

They may be creative but some of their latest methods I find quite repulsive. Recently I learnt you cannot upgrade Windows XP, you know hardware upgrade, because the system locks on a given set of components. So you have to get in touch with M$ and tell them all about it, so they can fix the problem for you, otherwise you can't use XP anymore. That kind of thing is just too much.
    The first time you install Windows XP you need to activate it within 30 days failure to do so renders the OS inoperable! :fero: Windows XP queries your hardware during installation & depending on the type of installation takes a log of the most important components (Processor, Harddrive, NIC etc) Atleast 10 components - If you decide to change over a certain number of these hardware components you have to re-activate Windows XP by contacting Microsoft. To people like us who tinker with their hardware every other day Windows XP is not for us. And their Activation policy sucks big time.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Ali, it's supposed to be simple to connect two computers but it isn't, that's the whole point. And whatever works without problems for my friends always gives errors for me :(

++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    As for the assembly part it started out as a challenge when I bought my first computer. After 3 months I had already put it apart and assembled it again ofcourse I had to buy some very expensive books & I spent many hours studying :D
    Well it wasn't my first PC but I had very little hardware experience and 6 months ago I decided I would invest in a new one and assemble it myself. So I got the parts and put them together in a few hours, which is the least of problems as long as you ensure they are all compatible with each other.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    I have crossover cables, its just my computer which is all messed up. For whatever reason, the network settings aren't right on it and Network Neighborhood is always unable to browse network. I even tried using the networking wizard in Win ME, but when I try to run the program on my computer, it says something about settings being wrong and suggests I contact my system administrator (Windows usually offers that helpful advice).

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I guess you are both right on this one - It should be a piece of cake to make 2 computers talk to each other.
    BigIZZ, ME was never my fav OS - Have you tried pinging the 2 comps to determine if all the networking hardware components are working?

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    Speaking of Microsoft, we had this guest speaker from MS at my uni, and he demo-ed (is that a word?) to us some Microsoft.NET & C# applications. It was pretty impresive.

~Sarah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)