Coldplay (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Anyone else a big fan of them? They are simply great.

I have their album "A rush of blood to the head" which is not bad.
I never heard their first album "Parachutes", only a couple of songs. Is it worth getting?

Favourite songs

Clocks
Trouble
Yellow
In My place
The Scientist
Politic

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by El Idiota ] ++

the only two worthy songs IMO

the rest is mostly crap
    I guess you can say that, but it depends on what you like

Sep 28, 2002
    coldplay are great. but too monotonic. never heard the whole parachutes but from what i've heard i think it's better then the rush of... but anyway, i think radiohead are ebtter. much better ;)

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    I better download their album instead of buying it them. Gotta move fast before I get sued :D

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    I think their "Parachutes" is better, I like "Trouble", "Yellow", "Shiver" and most of their songs in their 1st album. :)
    As for their new album, I like "Clocks" and "The Scientist" :cool:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    K10 am a huge fan of Coldplay :)
    The whole new album plus the old one too. :thumb:

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    I like much of Coldplay, but they can get a bit boring. Radiohead is definetely better.
    I know what you mean. But the good songs make up for it.

DaJuve, I am thinking about getting their old album too.

Srecka

Jan 22, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    I love them. My favourite Coldplay song is Shiver. I have tons of favourites, but shiver tops the list.
    My fave is 'Parachutes' :p

their music can let my fall asleep fast :D *j/k*

++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
    The first album is very good. You shouldn't miss it!!! great songs
    Agreed :) and I had their firest album :thumb:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Coldplay is perhaps the best band I have heard since Incubus to be honest. As far as sound goes, nobody even comes close to touching Coldplay as everything fits so intricately together, especially in their lastest album X&Y. I was not much of a fan of this band until I heard the suggestion from an amazing person to buy the CD, and I bought X&Y and become immediately hooked. I do not know if I have ever heard such great music in my life.

Songs such as Fix You, What If, Swallowed By the Seas, and White Shadows are absolutely amazing, all in my top ten songs of the year easily. Not to mention a few others...no other band even comes close to the stuff Coldplay has put out this year. The lyrics are always quite stunning and very deep if you love poetry as much as I do. If any two songs can send chills down your spine, its Fix You and Amsterdam by Coldplay. What a band.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    coldplay is good.but they are very repetitive.you somehow know the sound that you'll get from them.they're not exactly the most innovative band that ive heard.they'e good if you want to listen to them off and on,but i cant listen to them continously.their latest album was dissapointed imo,and fix you is over rated.other than 7-8 songs by them,i cant stand them for long periods of time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Each to his own I guess, however I'm not sure how you can say all the songs are repetitive...looking at White Shadows, Fix You, and Talk all in a row, all have different sounds and different sorts of verse patterns. Then you can look at the Hardest Part and Swallowed by the Sea and you can easily see different patterns, and especially the different guitar in the former. Not sure why people say its repetitive because the songs are all different in some way and besides...every band produces similar songs because its just they're style and genre. Guns and Roses does the same really...not sure what people on about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)