Cobolli Gigli Attacks Moggi & Giraudo (2 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Fliakis said:
give me examples! what has he done that someone else couldnt have done? missed out on kaka? got legrottaglie instead of nesta? loaned out our best youngsters only to never see them return? come on, im waiting!
well from recent years, he brought in Camo,gigi,thuram,neddy, even Trezi. The likes of Kovac,balzaretti, chiellini, paro, palladino, marchionni, zanetti.

In the past great players like Baggio,Zidane,Vieri,Alex(present), Ferrara, Conte,even Montero......

legrottaglie was one of Italy's best prospects, who would've known.

our youngesters is one thing i always point against the previous management, but we always signed some great prospects.Entirely it was a way to get finances to buy more established players.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
snoop said:
not to forget bringing Olivera for that price, while the others brought Kaka for the same price. while the Cannavaro's transfer was Moratti and co's stupidity.

Not that I am bashing Moggi's policy, but yeah like Fli said he is very overrated.
:agree:

Totaly agree, Millionare.

There are hundreds of good Transfer Market managers in the World, Moggi was just one of them.

Yeah, he was a real genius for bringing Salas, Kovacevic, Di Vaio, Miccoli, Fresi, Zanchi, Paramatti, Athirson, Baiocco, Blasi, Bachini, Esnaider, Henry, Mirkovic, Blanchard,etc..:tdown:

Come on, I mean yes, he got us some world class players, but on the other hand he brought some extra-big flops.:disagree:

Sep 28, 2002
sateeh said:
well from recent years, he brought in Camo,gigi,thuram,neddy, even Trezi. The likes of Kovac,balzaretti, chiellini, paro, palladino, marchionni, zanetti.

In the past great players like Baggio,Zidane,Vieri,Alex(present), Ferrara, Conte,even Montero......

our youngesters is one thing i always point against the previous management, but we always signed some great prospects.Entirely it was a way to get finances to buy more established players.
gigi, thuram, nedved.. just dont go there. I couldve signed those players after selling zidane and inzaghi. kovac, marchionni, zanetti. all free transfers. again, lots of teams do that. it doesnt require special skills. quite the opposite, his cheap tactics made us miss out on quality players, that couldve been bough for fairly low prices, say , barzagli, pizarro or jankulovski. palladino and paro are youth products. i doubt it was moggi who scouted them and brougth them in. balzaretti also came on a free, besides he's not that good, he should be happy that he's playing for juve, not, say, lazio. chiellini was a decent deal, i agree, esp how we got him from fiorentina, but was due to their financial situation rather than moggi's exceptional skills.

now the second part. right. first of all, baggio came here before moggi. del piero was brought in as a teenager from a minor team, again, doesnt take a genius to pull that one, more credit should go to our scouts who found him. ferrara, montero were brought in by lippi, on his request, again, i wont credit moggi for that. zidane, ok, turned out to be a great buy, but he was young, played for bordeaux, which means he didnt cost us much, and when he came in 96 he surely wasnt the wolrd beater he became 2 years later..

im not saying moggi is rubbish, far from that. you lot just incredibly overrate him. moggi made juventus the team they are now? well yeah, its because of him we're in the second division for the first time ever. irony aside, no he didnt, we were the biggest italian team way before moggi. those 20+ scudettos do count for something you know..

ps. its also funny you left out the biggest deal moggi managed to pull. bring cannavaro. credit where credit is due, that deal was supposed to be competed 2 years earlier anyway.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
sateeh said:

:disagree:
Dont you realize that he brought these players under orders from our ex-Coaches like Lippi or Capello?!

He just executed their orders!

Its not like Moggi knew these players were gonna be stars, someone else knew that and told Moggi to buy them.

So cut the crap, because anybody in the world could have got these players with Juventus money and reputation.

Sep 28, 2002
mark83 said:
:agree:

Totaly agree, Millionare.

There are hundreds of good Transfer Market managers in the World, Moggi was just one of them.

Yeah, he was a real genius for bringing Salas, Kovacevic, Di Vaio, Miccoli, Fresi, Zanchi, Paramatti, Athirson, Baiocco, Blasi, Bachini, Esnaider, Henry, Mirkovic, Blanchard,etc..:tdown:

Come on, I mean yes, he got us some world class players, but on the other hand he brought some extra-big flops.:disagree:
lol, i didnt even mentioned these :D

mark, you may have a terrible sense of humour, but you know your stuff. :pint:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Fliakis said:
gigi, thuram, nedved.. just dont go there. I couldve signed those players after selling zidane and inzaghi. kovac, marchionni, zanetti. all free transfers. again, lots of teams do that. it doesnt require special skills. quite the opposite, his cheap tactics made us miss out on quality players, that couldve been bough for fairly low prices, say , barzagli, pizarro or jankulovski. palladino and paro are youth products. i doubt it was moggi who scouted them and brougth them in. balzaretti also came on a free, besides he's not that good, he should be happy that he's playing for juve, not, say, lazio. chiellini was a decent deal, i agree, esp how we got him from fiorentina, but was due to their financial situation rather than moggi's exceptional skills.

now the second part. right. first of all, baggio came here before moggi. del piero was brought in as a teenager from a minor team, again, doesnt take a genius to pull that one, more credit should go to our scouts who found him. ferrara, montero were brought in by lippi, on his request, again, i wont credit moggi for that. zidane, ok, turned out to be a great buy, but he was young, played for bordeaux, which means he didnt cost us much, and when he came in 96 he surely wasnt the wolrd beater he became 2 years later..

im not saying moggi is rubbish, far from that. you lot just incredibly overrate him. moggi made juventus the team they are now? well yeah, its because of him we're in the second division for the first time ever. irony aside, no he didnt, we were the biggest italian team way before moggi. those 20+ scudettos do count for something you know..

ps. its also funny you left out the biggest deal moggi managed to pull. bring cannavaro. credit where credit is due, that deal was supposed to be competed 2 years earlier anyway.

:agree: :tup:

Brilliant, Fliakis.

Finally someone with clear head and a fast working brain. +rep

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #69
    Fliakis said:
    gigi, thuram, nedved.. just dont go there. I couldve signed those players after selling zidane and inzaghi.
    But wasn't it an achievement to sell Zidane with that imaginery amount of money??
    Did any of stupid Abramovic's many deals reach that amount?? Never...
    Forcing Real to buy him with that amount of money deserves to be mentioned, taking in consideration that Zidane wanted to leave, and that should have lowered the price if Moggi wasn't in charge...
    Fliakis said:
    kovac, marchionni, zanetti. all free transfers. again, lots of teams do that. it doesnt require special skills.
    Well, I know that many clubs do the same way to bring on free players, but Moggi is so famous between all the clubs to bring the best players when their contract ends...That's one point in his favour...
    Fliakis said:
    quite the opposite, his cheap tactics made us miss out on quality players, that couldve been bough for fairly low prices, say , barzagli, pizarro or jankulovski.
    You mean this summer?? if you mean this summer, I think Moggi had nothing to do with these players. Ask Mr. Gigli why he missed them??

If you mean in the previous transfer periods, I don't think anyone of them was worth it to pay a big amount of money because they weren't proved players yet(Barzagli's case), and flopped later with other clubs(Pizzaro and jankulovski)...

Fliakis said:
    palladino and paro are youth products. i doubt it was moggi who scouted them and brougth them in.
    He was the man in charge of the whole tranfer process. Wy would these players been brought without his desire??
    Fliakis said:
    balzaretti also came on a free, besides he's not that good, he should be happy that he's playing for juve, not, say, lazio.
    Well, he is good, and many members will say different opinions than yours about him. He didn't do good in the very few matches he played this season, but he was remarkable last season...

Fliakis said:
    chiellini was a decent deal, i agree, esp how we got him from fiorentina, but was due to their financial situation rather than moggi's exceptional skills.
    Well, that deal was a great success for Moggi when he brought back the three players, although I hated Miccoli to wear the bianconeri shirt again...

Fliakis said:
    Small sentence. I'm sure that the scouts were proposing loads of names of players, but it was not them in the end to decide who to buy...And Lippi of course had some of the opinions for bringing players to Juve, but what did he do to convince them to join Juve, or what did he do to negotiate other clubs??

Fliakis said:
    We don't say that Moggi created Juve from nothing, but he was the best man to keep the winning machine on...
    Fliakis said:
    I agree with you on this one...

He had some faults IMO too. The youth selling, and the biggest one was his quick resignation after the phone tappings things...

Arvin

Juve Star
    Dec 30, 2004
    why cant we forget about what just happend, lets forget it.....juve is still playing football, and i cant forget what inter did, becoz of them juve is in serie b now.....

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Fliakis said:

Rebel got most of the points i wanted to demonstrate accross, credit to him.

-about jankulovski, milan got on him on shady deal.Heard something abt that this summer.

-I didnt include cannavaro in the list cuz u mentioned that it was a great deal.And i didnt want to be repetitave.So its not funny.

-Moggi constructed the scouting team as he was responsible for that.He finalised the deals, and thats where he earns much credit

Also i give Moggi credit because he brought in small names and then with time they become great players. Like Rebel said i didnt see any director who had this much influence. Just look at teams like Chelsea,Madrid,Barca, Inter, even Manchester United.
    Dont you realize that he brought these players under orders from our ex-Coaches like Lippi or Capello
    Juve is not an English style club, the manager doesnt have that much power.Mybe they request players, but they dont conduct any deals.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    In terms of transfers, u win some, and u lose some, but when its all said and done, ppl look at your successes not your failues. In which case Moggi was a genius.

May 4, 2004
    Fliakis said:
    give me examples! what has he done that someone else couldnt have done? missed out on kaka? got legrottaglie instead of nesta? loaned out our best youngsters only to never see them return? come on, im waiting!
    i kinda agree on that..
    but we have to be real here, he has done stuff that no one expected..

Sep 28, 2002
    ReBeL said:
    But wasn't it an achievement to sell Zidane with that imaginery amount of money??
    Did any of stupid Abramovic's many deals reach that amount?? Never...
    Forcing Real to buy him with that amount of money deserves to be mentioned, taking in consideration that Zidane wanted to leave, and that should have lowered the price if Moggi wasn't in charge...
    there are two ways to look at it. one is how you say it. on the other hand, football wasnt money starved as it is today, multimillion transfers were flying all around, even teh likes of lazio could afford 30+m fees. and zidane was widely acknowledged as the worlds best player back then, so again, if real wanted him, it wasnt that hard to get him for that fee. and again, we paid 30+m for thuram? doesnt look that great of a deal now, does it? i mean zidane was worth the cash spent on him, thuram - im not so sure..

You mean this summer?? if you mean this summer, I think Moggi had nothing to do with these players. Ask Mr. Gigli why he missed them??
    no, i mean transfer periods 2 3 years ago. it was obvious we were desperate for an attacking midfielder, pizzaro was there on a cheap, yet moggi just let him go. in fact, this summer was the most satisfying transfer wise for me since 01/02

If you mean in the previous transfer periods, I don't think anyone of them was worth it to pay a big amount of money because they weren't proved players yet(Barzagli's case), and flopped later with other clubs(Pizzaro and jankulovski)...
    exactly i mean previous periods. so what if barzagli wasnt proven. it was obvious he's the best young italian defender, yet once again we went for kovac, who was free proven and experienced. and this year we face the same fact. our defence need rejuvenating. if barzagli wasnt proven, then why do people expect miracles from masiello? what has he proved so far?
    pizzaro, jankuilovski.. both were criminally underused at their clubs and we'll never know how that all couldve turned out had they joined juve.

He was the man in charge of the whole tranfer process. Wy would these players been brought without his desire??
    because they're at the club since their teens. dont tell me that gms of clubs the size of juve go and watch all these youngsters before they join..

Well, that deal was a great success for Moggi when he brought back the three players, although I hated Miccoli to wear the bianconeri shirt again...
    again, i think this is due to situation that fiorentinas finances were piss poor...

Small sentence. I'm sure that the scouts were proposing loads of names of players, but it was not them in the end to decide who to buy...And Lippi of course had some of the opinions for bringing players to Juve, but what did he do to convince them to join Juve, or what did he do to negotiate other clubs??
    ferrara played under lippi at napoli and was the soul of that team. when lippi came, ferrara came with him. and ive read a montero interview recently where montero said he was about to join inter when lippi came in ans asked him to come to juve..

We don't say that Moggi created Juve from nothing, but he was the best man to keep the winning machine on...
    who knows. this best man got is into trouble that we're in now. we'll never know how it could have been

Sep 28, 2002
    sateeh said:
    -about jankulovski, milan got on him on shady deal.Heard something abt that this summer.
    dont know about that. the fact is we had a chance wo buy him, but we chose not to. he was a flop at milan but imo he couldve been vital to us..

-I didnt include cannavaro in the list cuz u mentioned that it was a great deal.And i didnt want to be repetitave.So its not funny.
    fair enough.

Also i give Moggi credit because he brought in small names and then with time they become great players. Like Rebel said i didnt see any director who had this much influence. Just look at teams like Chelsea,Madrid,Barca, Inter, even Manchester United.

Juve is not an English style club, the manager doesnt have that much power.Mybe they request players, but they dont conduct any deals.
    thats the point, juve are not an english type of club, people have different roles. thats why you dont see that types of managers in foreign clubs. also, moggi was one of the most powerful men in calcio even before he joined juve and was second to none with us, but all that power, the impression that noone can touch him was what got us into trouble at the end.

feel free to think what you like. imo moggi is overrated as a transfer guru and is the main culprit who got us into this mess. inter conspiracy adn what not, moggi wasnt just a small piece of huge mechanism, ffs, he was the most powerful man in calcio..

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Fliakis said:
    dont know about that. the fact is we had a chance wo buy him, but we chose not to. he was a flop at milan but imo he couldve been vital to us..

fair enough.

thats the point, juve are not an english type of club, people have different roles. thats why you dont see that types of managers in foreign clubs. also, moggi was one of the most powerful men in calcio even before he joined juve and was second to none with us, but all that power, the impression that noone can touch him was what got us into trouble at the end.

feel free to think what you like. imo moggi is overrated as a transfer guru and is the main culprit who got us into this mess. inter conspiracy adn what not, moggi wasnt just a small piece of huge mechanism, ffs, he was the most powerful man in calcio..
    what am saying is that i didnt see anyone who does that job better than him.Personnel like Baldini,Mijatovic,Kenyon...etc

The fact that he got us into this mess is something we wont forget. But i chose not to forget the good things he did for us as well. Also dont forget about Giraudo he contributed to all of this.

Also once we get back to serie A and then we need the good deals, then we will see if Secco could provide us with the things Moggi did. Lets hope he is better.

no, i mean transfer periods 2 3 years ago. it was obvious we were desperate for an attacking midfielder, pizzaro was there on a cheap, yet moggi just let him go. in fact, this summer was the most satisfying transfer wise for me since 01/02
    Didnt know u were a fan of big bad boumsong :D

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #78
    sateeh said:
    Didnt know u were a fan of big bad boumsong :D
    And selling Mutu for the half of Bojinov :confused2:

Zanetti and Marchionni were bought since Moggi's era, so what was the great thing that this new management did this summer??

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Fliakis said:
    . chiellini was a decent deal, i agree, esp how we got him from fiorentina, but was due to their financial situation rather than moggi's exceptional skills.
    ReBeL said:
    I think that would be a typical example of Moggi's backroom politics. Moggi probably had a backroom deal in place there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)