Close all threads( not reserv keeper threads) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul14q.html

With Poulsen our transfer activity is essentially over. Now we are just missing a second choice goalkeeper,” said Ranieri from their Pinzolo pre-season training camp.

“I am very happy with the results and thank the club for having given me a solid squad.”

“With Poulsen we continue the project that started before I arrived here to build a Juventus side at the highest level.

“I asked for two players for every position and I got them. Now we have to work hard and push it all the way.

“With this new signing we have quality in midfield. Whoever is unconvinced by Poulsen's talents will just have to be proved wrong.”

Mercato seems over nu, a backup keeper then we are done

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
Buffon - X
Zebina - Grygera
Legro - Mellberg
Chiellini - Knezevic
Molinaro - De Ceglie
Camo - Marchionni
Sissoko - Zanetti
Poulsen - Marchisio
Nedved - Giovinco
Del Pie - Amauri
Trez - Iaquinta

+
Sali
Andrade
Ekdal
Tiago
Almiron

OP
Fellas

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    In a kind of way I am glad...

Xabi & Poulsen= Not much playing time for Marchisio, we must give this kid playing time, he can be a star believe me. With Poulsen,Sissoko,Zanetti he will get alot of playing time, the 3 will get many suspensions so Marchisio will get some chanses, and he also have other qualites then them.

Stankovic would mess up things for Giovinco and Marchisio as he could play in every position in midfield, I rate Giovinco higher then him but im not sure that Ranieri would.

De Ceglie only have Molinaro to compete with. I beleive in De Ceglie he is gonne be a great player for Juve.

This three players made my mercato great. I love them and I am dying to see them in our beautiful shirt.

FORZA JUVENTUS

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    I think people are under estimating Poulsen too much
    I think he is way underated and he will prove you all wrong
    Is he the answer? I don`t know but he could be!

We have Nedved and Giovinco for the left midfield and Sissoko Zanetti Poulsen and Marchisio for CM (ofcourse there is MR.FLOP Tiago as well) and we also have Camoranesi as RM and Saliha as a sub

so we are in a good condition
    I agree it would have been nicer to be in an excellent condition

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Giovinco and De Ceglie will start a lot of our games anyway.

what you think Molinaro and a 36 year old Nedved are tough competition?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Buffon - X
    Zebina - Grygera
    Legro - Mellberg
    Chiellini - Knezevic
    Molinaro - De Ceglie
    Camo - Marchionni
    Sissoko - Zanetti
    Poulsen - Marchisio
    Nedved - Giovinco
    Del Pie - Amauri
    Trez - Iaquinta

+
    Sali
    Andrade
    Ekdal
    Tiago
    Almiron
    Ekdal will probably play with Primavera, Andrade is injured for God knows how long, and Tiago & Almiron will probably be sold.

Mar 3, 2008
    25 players for CL:
    Buffon, Belardi, x-goalkeeper, Zebina, Grygera, Legro, Chiellini, Mellberg, Knezevic, DC, Molinaro, Sissoko, Poulsen, Zanetti, Marchisio, Camo, Sali, Marchionni, Nedved, Giovinco, DP, Amauri, Trezegol, Yak, Tiago

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Buffon - X
    Zebina - Grygera
    Legro - Mellberg
    Chiellini - Knezevic
    Molinaro - De Ceglie
    Camo - Marchionni
    Sissoko - Zanetti
    Poulsen - Marchisio
    Nedved - Giovinco
    Del Pie - Amauri
    Trez - Iaquinta

+
    Sali
    Andrade
    Ekdal
    Tiago
    Almiron
    "I asked for two players for every position and I got them. Now we have to work hard and push it all the way."

Ok, technically Ranieri is right. We didn't have two players for every position. We didn't have a sub for Nedved, Molinaro and the Cb's.
    Looking from that perspective, we did add very good players as subs to our starters. Giovinco, Amauri, Mellberg, Poulsen (if we count him as a sub to Sissoko) and Marchisio (if we count him as a sub to Zanetti) make our bench one of the strongest in Europe.
    But this implies that our starting line up was ok, which isn't true. We didn't need a player to be Molinaro's sub, we needed someone good enough to have a guaranteed LB spot. We didn't need a sub for Legro, we needed someone much better than him to immediately replace him.
    Which leaves us the CM spot, Zanetti's spot. In practice Zanetti will lose his spot to a destroyer (Poulsen) , who, judging from his characteristics, should be a sub to Sissoko.
    But in theory Zanetti is a starter in our 2008/09 team because he's the creative part of our central midfield. So, assuming that Zanetti will keep his place as a starter and Poulsen will only be a sub for Sissoko, the question is : Did we need a creative CM to immediately replace Zanetti in the starting XI and make Zanetti a bench player ?

If you think that we didn't, then Poulsen's transfer was actually a good one and the only negatives in this mercato is that we didn't replace Molinaro and Legrottaglie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)