Claudio Ranieri (29 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
you are all talking like if he is definitely out at the end of season----

im very sure that if the mofo wins the 4th remaning game...we will surely have another season full of tinkering!!!!

Fuck focus first in getting the guy sacked...then think abiot coaches!!!

Knowing our board---- there is a big chance that we will have toendure ranieri one more season.... they simply love him.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
you are all talking like if he is definitely out at the end of season----

im very sure that if the mofo wins the 4th remaning game...we will surely have another season full of tinkering!!!!

Fuck focus first in getting the guy sacked...then think abiot coaches!!!

Knowing our board---- there is a big chance that we will have toendure ranieri one more season.... they simply love him.
won't happen.... man we are goin' down!!!!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
You can talk about him having a weak squad all you want. Lecce, Genoa, Lazio, Chievo, Sampodria all have weaker squads than us (and Roma) as well. their coaches either matched Ranieri's tactics or outsmarted him. Spalletti could not do that. Go figure.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You can talk about him having a weak squad all you want. Lecce, Genoa, Lazio, Chievo, Sampodria all have weaker squads than us (and Roma) as well. their coaches either matched Ranieri's tactics or outsmarted him. Spalletti could not do that. Go figure.
Not just that, but even when he had a very good team there were many episodes when his team was humiliated.
Manchester beat them 7:1, Inter beat them 4:1 at Olimpico, Lazio and Siena beat them 3:0 and there is more. And this is without counting this current season. It's only for the 2 seasons before this one, when Roma was actually a strong team.
Yes, he did make a very solid team with little money out of Roma for a season or two but even then the team used to fall apart very often.

Just as a comparison, Ranieri never in these two seasons lost a match by more than 1 goal difference, with the exception of that Napoli-Juve match last year when the referee raped us. Spalletti on the other hand used to lose matches by 3 or more goals difference way too often.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Not just that, but even when he had a very good team there were many episodes when his team was humiliated.
Manchester beat them 7:1, Inter beat them 4:1 at Olimpico, Lazio and Siena beat them 3:0 and there is more. And this is without counting this current season. It's only for the 2 seasons before this one, when Roma was actually a strong team.
Yes, he did make a very solid team with little money out of Roma for a season or two but even then the team used to fall apart very often.

Just as a comparison, Ranieri never in these two seasons lost a match by more than 1 goal difference, with the exception of that Napoli-Juve match last year when the referee raped us. Spalletti on the other hand used to lose matches by 3 or more goals difference way too often.
But he made a team which would rightfully have won the Scudetto if it wasn't for the blatant helps Inter got from the referees. Something Ranieri couldn't do with a MUCH better team than Roma and he won't be able to do even if he stays at Juve for many more seasons. Spalletti wouldn't be my choice if we get rid of Ranieri but he's certainly a better coach than Claudio.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But he made a team which would rightfully have won the Scudetto if it wasn't for the blatant helps Inter got from the referees. Something Ranieri couldn't do with a MUCH better team than Roma and he won't be able to do even if he stays at Juve for many more seasons. Spalletti wouldn't be my choice if we get rid of Ranieri but he's certainly a better coach than Claudio.
Panucci, Mexes, Chivu, Mancini, Totti, De Rossi, Taddei, Perrotta, Aquillani, Dacourt, Montella...... he inherited these guys when he joined Roma. In his first season he didn't make it even in top 4 but Calciopoli saved him. In his second season he was second ONLY because all the others, apart from Inter, were relegated or had many points deducted.
His third season was the only successful one, but no way Ranieri had a better team than Spalletti last year(and yes, it was mostly due to the players Spalletti already had in Roma when he joined the team). Nope, not only that our team wasn't MUCH better as you put it, but it wasn't even better.
This year though, it was a disaster for Roma.

But yes, it's hard to say that Ranieri is better than Spalletti. What isn't hard to say though is that Spalletti's team easily falls under pressure and is losing it way too often. Those are characteristics i would never want in my team.
Ranieri should GTFO ASAP, but i see no real improvement if the baldy replaces him.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Panucci, Mexes, Chivu, Mancini, Totti, De Rossi, Taddei, Perrotta, Aquillani, Dacourt, Montella...... he inherited these guys when he joined Roma. In his first season he didn't make it even in top 4 but Calciopoli saved him. In his second season he was second ONLY because all the others, apart from Inter, were relegated or had many points deducted.
His third season was the only successful one, but no way Ranieri had a better team than Spalletti last year(and yes, it was mostly due to the players Spalletti already had in Roma when he joined the team). Nope, not only that our team wasn't MUCH better as you put it, but it wasn't even better.
This year though, it was a disaster for Roma.

But yes, it's hard to say that Ranieri is better than Spalletti. What isn't hard to say though is that Spalletti's team easily falls under pressure and is losing it way too often. Those are characteristics i would never want in my team.
Ranieri should GTFO ASAP, but i see no real improvement if the baldy replaces him.
I'm really eager to know how our team wasn't superior to Roma last season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm really eager to know how our team wasn't superior to Roma last season.
In many ways.
For starters, we had many new faces at the start. The defense was almost completely new, with Andrade, Criscito and later Grygera and Molinaro. As you know, it's not the names that form the defense but it's also the unity and how well the players are gelled. Also, it's not as if our defense was better than Roma's even name-wise.
They had Perrotta, Pizarro, De Rossi and Mancini in midfield ( plus Aquillani and Taddei) while we had problems with Camoranesi who missed 1/3 of last season and was replaced by Brazzo and Palladino on those matches, Nedved was thinking about retirement, we played Nocerino there for half a season until we got Sissoko. We started with Almiron then Tiago and at the end Zanetti in midfield.

I don't think our midfield had more quality than the midfield consisted of De Rossi, Mancini, Pizarro, Perrotta, Aquillani.

In attack we had the edge but i don't think that you can underrate in anyway Totti and Vucinic.

Even name-wise we weren't any better, but when you add the other circumstances (Roma played together for years while most of our players were new to the team), you'll see that in no way we had a MUCH better team.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

true .. i noticed that too .. spalletti just loves to get humiliated in defeats .. I'd seriously pick ranieri over spalletti .. lets hope prandelli miss out on CL and quit fiorentina ..

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Lets lose for 1 more games to assure the clown to be sacked :D
Ranieri's good as gone really. It's obvious he's lost the confidence of the squad. Either he leaves, or Trez, Buffon, and Giovinco will. I think it's obvious it will be him. It's easier to fire a coach than it is to sell your popular player.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
true .. i noticed that too .. spalletti just loves to get humiliated in defeats .. I'd seriously pick ranieri over spalletti .. lets hope prandelli miss out on CL and quit fiorentina ..
LOL , let me tell you what better , according to the bad stats from Spaletti and fvcking Ranieri , let's scrap both and throw it away .
go find another , period .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)