Claudio Ranieri (15 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Conte plays a 4-2-4 going forward and 4-4-2 when defending so don't expect Giovinco to flourish in his system if he would ever coach Juve. He could us him as a support striker. Conte loves those natural wingers that go forward and can track back once in a while.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Conte here means Giovinco as a starter and more youngsters.... even i wouldn't judge him next season by winning the scudetto but with the performance!!! we still lack a lot to be number 1 in italy again....... i wouldn't mind him at all....

Conte is too inexperienced.

I know that sometimes is good to risk with younger and not so proven coaches... but this is just going extreme.

IN 2 or 3 years.. if he really shows that he have got what it takes... then we can "consider" it.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
hope is the path to the dark side.Hope leads to frustration. Frustration leads to fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
It always appears darkest before dawn.But soon the night will drift into nothingness,and we will see a shining light echoing songs of dawn,echoing songs of love,echoing songs of "Come to me my old Lady,Come to me.."

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Ranieri: 'My final countdown'

Claudio Ranieri insists there is “no change” to the plan, but admits he has “five more games to decide my future at Juventus.”

The Coach is under fire from all sides after ending the season empty-handed and sliding behind Milan to third place in Serie A.

This week patron John Elkann hinted that results would be the deciding factor in whether Ranieri is confirmed on the bench or not.

“He was right, we Coaches know the life we must lead,” agreed the former Chelsea and Parma boss.

“There is no change to the plan, now we need to give it our all in every game, because there is still a lot to play for.

“Up until now I have not had a meeting with the club, but we speak every day. There are still five more games to decide my future at Juventus and I am not at all upset by Elkann’s statement.

“Have I received offers from elsewhere? Even if I had, I wouldn’t tell you. I have a contract with Juve until next year, now I am focusing only on Lecce.”

The Bianconeri have seen all their targets slip away, from the Champions League second round exit to Chelsea to the Coppa Italia semi-final elimination at the hands of Lazio.

“I was not surprised at the dip in form after we went out of the Champions League,” continued Ranieri.

“We had an excellent campaign and were playing at 120 per cent. For two matches after the European elimination we kept the right mentality, but with the break for international duty we lost our momentum.

“If we had kept going in the Champions League, there would have been no dip in concentration. I can see the squad is positive and wants to get back to winning ways.

“We did absolutely nothing good in April, so now the only way is up. I hope to see anger and determination, the qualities that emerged during the season.”

The fans are furious not only at the results, but also the proposed transfer moves for the summer, such as the practically done deal to bring back Fabio Cannavaro on a free.

Supporters staged protests outside the Vinovo training ground today and are set to make their voices heard during tomorrow’s match with Lecce – originally behind closed doors, but now open to the public following an emergency appeal.

“It is important to play with a packed stadium. Stepping on to the field with no fans there is the worst thing there is. Even if the fans protest, it’s good for the team to be given that extra motivation. The supporters want a side that fights and wins.”

Tiago Mendes pulled up with a muscular problem on Friday, adding to the injury list of Momo Sissoko, Hasan Salihamidzic, Albin Ekdal, Giorgio Chiellini, Dario Knezevic, Claudio Marchisio and Christian Molinaro.

“I only have two central midfielders at my disposal,” he said referring to Cristiano Zanetti and Christian Poulsen.

“The alternative is to move either [Pavel] Nedved or [Mauro] Camoranesi into the middle. Amauri trained well and I’ll decide tomorrow whether he starts or not.”

Juventus squad: Buffon, Mellberg, Zebina, Zanetti, Amauri, Iaquinta, Del Piero, Nedved, Chimenti, Manninger, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Poulsen, Giovinco, Grygera, De Ceglie, Marchionni, Legrottaglie, D’Elia, Ariaudo

C4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)