Claudio Ranieri (9 Viewers)

solojuve1897

Mille Grazie Pavel
Sep 17, 2008
Actually this game doesnt say much about Ranieri. The game by itself made the players want to win it. Champions League against Real Madrid says it all. Ranieris job is having the team focused in every single game, most importantly in the shitty games (Reggina, Catania and so on). I will give him one more chance. I expect Juventus to win several games in a row starting with Torino on saturday. If we loose another game against a shitty team then I dont want to see him ever again.

FORZA JUVE! What a wonderful game!

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Actually this game doesnt say much about Ranieri. The game by itself made the players want to win it. Champions League against Real Madrid says it all. Ranieris job is having the team focused in every single game, most importantly in the shitty games (Reggina, Catania and so on). I will give him one more chance. I expect Juventus to win several games in a row starting with Torino on saturday. If we loose another game against a shitty team then I dont want to see him ever again.

FORZA JUVE! What a wonderful game!
:tup:

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
Yeah I cant believe how Benitez reacted - these players will play hundreds of games over a career, and he gets pissy that he wants to support his wife and see his kid!

I think Juve could step in and nip Mascherano with the right offer. He can't be happy on the bench, and Benitez's 3 striker formation is working too well for him to change

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
May sound harsh, but even with the win today i don't think that ranieri can handle the team on a consistance base.
It's not harsh whatsoever. The players obviously had fire today, but we always do against Real Madrid. We always try our best against them. We can't make a judgement over this match besides perhaps Ranieri really being desperate with them in the locker room. If so, Ranieri should be this way every single match because it's all he's got really.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's not harsh whatsoever. The players obviously had fire today, but we always do against Real Madrid. We always try our best against them. We can't make a judgement over this match besides perhaps Ranieri really being desperate with them in the locker room. If so, Ranieri should be this way every single match because it's all he's got really.
hes too patient and gets too comfortable with "average". I wonder how well he will do once the teams injuries are under control and these players start making their way back to the pitch...results theoretically should take care of themselves after that!

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
we have to give some credit to Ranieri for yesterdays win... for starters he didn't goof up... with the number of players at his disposal he started with the best possible line up... even though his first two subs were influenced by injury, he made them right... Sali in the second half was playing on both sides of the pitch covering Robben... At the time when he could've introduced Giovinco he put in Iaquinta, which at the moment I said was a good decision... our backs were to our wall and we needed someone who'd trackback... even though Iaquita didn't do anything worthwhile, i think Giovinco's attacking instincts would have cost us at that point... and another thing was that Ranieri was energetic on the sidelines compared to his counterpart... its something that was missing for a while...
By and large the victory belongs to the players who put in great effort, but no matter how much we dislike him we have to agree that Ranieri, like Molinaro, had a good match yesterday...
that doesn't mean he has to stay though, if he can't put in a string of victories, he still has to go...

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Ranieri's D-day determination Channel 4

Friday 24 October, 2008

Juventus tactician Claudio Ranieri targets maximum points in this weekend's Turin derby after a midweek triumph over Real Madrid.

The Old Lady had been reeling after defeats against Palermo and Napoli but their Champions League heroics eased the pressure on Ranieri and his players.

Torino have been able to train well and rest whereas we have only just started to think about this game after the Real clash,” Ranieri stressed in today's Press conference.

We have spent plenty of energy physically this week, but the win in midweek has given us extra motivation and determination.

“The derby is a special game and unique in several ways. We need to make sure we give our fans a decent performance and hopefully the atmosphere here is changing
.”

Ranieri will have to shuffle the deck for the Derby della Mole due to a number of injury problems.

I will choose the team during tomorrow's training session and I will evaluate the situation and ascertain what is the correct formula.

“It all depends on where I play Pavel Nedved and I have lots of tactical options.

“Mauro Camoranesi won't be ready. He is still recovering and I hope to have him back for the game against Bologna
.”

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Ranieri: «We dedicate this derby to the fans» juventus.com

«Camoranesi is recovering, but we can't rush things, seeing as he's still not 100% fit. I hope I can have him back against Bologna or the match after that». All hopes of having Camoranesi on the team for the derby game have vanished and Ranieri will now need to invent something in midfield for the game against Torino. There are different options: «I need to think everything through. Tomorrow I'll try to understand what could be the best solution. De Ceglie playing wide in midfield? Any option can work; it depends on where I play Nedved. I'll have to consider if I can play a 19-year old like Ekdal, who would be almost making his debut in such an important game or whether to play Pavel in the middle, or someone else still».

The Bianconeri reach this game after the intense one against Real Madrid. A match where the Bianconeri spent lots of energy, but that also boosted their morale: «Toro's players have had more time than us to prepare this game, they've been able to train, rest, and mentally recharge. We've only been focusing on the derby game from after the end of the clash against Real. We expended a lot of physical and nervous energy, but that match gave us crucial drive. And besides, the derby is a one-off match, different from all the others. It's a game where you give 110%, it doesn't matter what the current League standings are, who's doing well and who isn't. What counts is what you have to offer and your willingness to sacrifice. We have to play a great match and dedicate it to our wonderful fans».

The win against Real Madrid allowed Juve to leave the difficult period behind them: «Things aren't going as well this year, but maybe this is changing now. We can make this change happen, but only if we hold on when there are problems».

The Club, through statements made by Chairman Cobolli Gigli and Managing Director Jean-Claude Blanc, confirmed their faith in the Manager up to the end of his contract: «I've always felt both the Club and the players were on my side. The Club officials have done the right thing saying these things publicly and now maybe for a few weeks the press won't be writing anything. On the other hand, all Managers in Italy go through some rough patches. Lippi and Capello have gone through some here at Juve too. In truth, we've gotten nine points with the same teams as last year. The only difference is that last year we'd beat Palermo and lost to Udinese and this year it was the other way round. In any case I want to do better and go as far as possible in the Champions League».

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Ranieri: I was never at risk
Saturday 25 October, 2008

Claudio Ranieri reveals why he felt secure in the knowledge Juventus would emerge from their crisis. “Everyone was united.”

The Bianconeri boss risked the axe after two points from four Serie A games, but is back on track by beating Real Madrid and Torino.

“The club, the players and fans have always stuck by me. When there is that unity between the elements, a team can go very far indeed and we can aim high.

“I have never been worried for my job, as the club and the players put me in a position where I felt secure. This is why I knew we would inevitably recover from that negative moment.

“We have very high expectations and cannot think of stopping now after just two good wins.”

Amauri secured the victory in the second half, but there were problems as Paolo De Ceglie, Zdenek Grygera and even Hasan Salihamidzic - who picked up a muscular problem during the warm-up at half-time - were added to the injury list.

“We got tired towards the end and a little less relaxed on the counter, but that was fairly inevitable after a very stressful midweek match,” explained the Coach.

“It is an incredible moment when we manage to pick up injuries during the warm-up! De Ceglie has an ankle that has swollen up like a melon. They are mainly stupid little problems, but when you play every three days they add up.”

Ranieri was bitterly criticised last week for replacing Alessandro Del Piero in the 2-1 defeat to Napoli, but this time he took off defender De Ceglie for creative midfielder Sebastian Giovinco.

“Unfortunately, this is the problem in Italy: the Coach is always to blame. If he makes a substitution and the team loses, it was all his fault. If he makes a change and they win, he's a genius.

“Giovinco is only 20 years old and though we expect a great deal of him, there is no reason to pile all this pressure on him.

“Him and De Ceglie are lads who should be slowly introduced into the first team, but at the moment I must ask them to give their best because of all these injuries.”

Momo Sissoko was commanding in midfield when returning from a ban, but he picked up another yellow card.

“He is exceptional and a pure player, as he always goes all out to get the ball. He often gets booked because of that, but referees do not realise he never intends to hurt anyone, he is just very enthusiastic and lacks cynicism.

“We looked back over our past mistakes and worked in training to resolve those issues. When you have a defensive line that moves in unison, it allows the midfield to work less hard and the forwards to see more of the ball.

“We have to play the way we did last season, with determination, movement and intelligence.”

channel4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)