Claudio Ranieri (14 Viewers)

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
Great for that numbers.
So who will pay around 10m for transfer and also 2.6m per year? Only big clubs, and I really don't see that anyone will take him for that numbers. If we could get 6 m that would be a lot, and then there will still be a question if anyone will pay 2.6 m per year. OK, maybe he will agree for lower wage, but probably not a lot less.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
I agree also with your last post. But we can't or we shouldn't pay Tiago's wage for sitting on the bench. So place is only for one of them specialy if we get bot Alonso and Poulsen. And as I mention in previous posts we should give Marchisio a fucking chance so I would sell one of them. With that many players I really don't see the place for Marchisio unless we sell someone.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
The perfect situation for me would be Grosso for Tiago, and then Zanetti could stay and be a mentor to Marchisio. But I didn't see any rumour where this option would be mentioned.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Look Dominic if you read all posts. I said thet if we will have too many MF then we will need to sell someone. And it's much easier to sell Zanetti at this point.
If we go a few years back, I would never ever sell the best player after Platini. You probably still remember him. I'm talking about Zidane. If anyone would say at that point that we should sell him I will kick his us. But if you look at that situation now, you see that this was acctually great business. We get Buffon (the best goalkeeper in the world), Nedved (the heart of last few years),...
The different is that we sold zidane for a huge sum (so we managed to get all those players u're talking about) while selling zanetti won't get us more than 10 mil at best IMO. Big NO for selling zanetti , the guy was arguably one of our best players in the last 2 seasons. It's gonna be real hard to find a player that would except a sub role and be as good as zanetti ATM....

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
Yes that's true also, but It's nonsense to have on the bench Tiago, Almiron and Zanetti. All three for almost 7m per year. And it looks that we couldn't sell Almiron and Tiago. And after all I still have a good felling that if you play any of those two on the same field with Alonso or Sissoko that they will show that they are not that bad. At least both of them show in some games that they have a potential.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Ranieri: No More Transfers!

Today the Bianconeri completed the signing of centre midfielder Christian Poulsen, who joined from Sevilla for €9.75m.

Many Juve fans were against the signing, with some blasting the board for buying another “rubbish player”. Despite this, it was believed that the supporters would be content, providing the club went out and bought a big name in addition to Poulsen.

However, it seems that their worst fears have now rung true, as Claudio Ranieri has confirmed that the Old Lady will be signing no more outfield players this summer.

"Now all that we are missing is a goalkeeper,” said the Tinkerman.

“I am very pleased with this result and I thank the club for giving me a good team.

''With Poulsen’s arrival we continue with the project that was born the year before I came, and that is to take Juventus to the highest levels again.

“I asked for two players in every position and I got them. With the new purchase we will have quality in midfield. Whoever doubts Poulsen's talents will just have to be proved wrong.”

It seems almost inevitable that Juve supporters will react badly to this news, as many feel that the club requires a left back, centre back and a creative midfielder.

goal.com

K_Mac

Apr 15, 2006
Ranieri: No More Transfers!

Today the Bianconeri completed the signing of centre midfielder Christian Poulsen, who joined from Sevilla for €9.75m.

Many Juve fans were against the signing, with some blasting the board for buying another “rubbish player”. Despite this, it was believed that the supporters would be content, providing the club went out and bought a big name in addition to Poulsen.

However, it seems that their worst fears have now rung true, as Claudio Ranieri has confirmed that the Old Lady will be signing no more outfield players this summer.

"Now all that we are missing is a goalkeeper,” said the Tinkerman.

“I am very pleased with this result and I thank the club for giving me a good team.

''With Poulsen’s arrival we continue with the project that was born the year before I came, and that is to take Juventus to the highest levels again.

“I asked for two players in every position and I got them. With the new purchase we will have quality in midfield. Whoever doubts Poulsen's talents will just have to be proved wrong.”

It seems almost inevitable that Juve supporters will react badly to this news, as many feel that the club requires a left back, centre back and a creative midfielder.

goal.com
Part of me believes this.....

...and the other part of me wants to think that Secco is maybe trying to pull a Moggi and claim we are done and then do a surprise signing. PLEASE let this be the case....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)