Claudio Ranieri (7 Viewers)

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
Are you familiar with the idea of squad depth?
Sure I am. We are well covered in attack. in midfield we will have Alonso and my second choice was Diego (probably a dream). So we will have those two, Sissoko, Nedved, Camo, Tiago, Almiron, Giovinco, Marchisio, Marchionni. So the easies would be selling Zanetti. I will sell him to Bayern.
If we could get Grosso and Ivanovic, then I would sell Zebina and of course Molinaro, but because of Ranieris love, this is not possible.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
11/07/2008 11:11
Ranieri Compares Juve To A Tree
Claudio Ranieri has made a bizarre analogy while talking about Juventus’ progress ahead of the new season, comparing the Bianconeri to a tree.The Tinkerman is busy assembling his side for the 2008/09 campaign, as the Old Lady prepare to challenge for both Serie A and the Champions League.

“We are not lacking in quality,” Ranieri told Juventus Channel.

“All the lads are quality players; they wouldn't be at Juventus otherwise. They're all determined and humble and they all want to bring the team up to the same level as the great Italian and European teams.”

Juve have so far strengthened their squad this summer with the signings of Amauri, Olof Mellberg and Dario Knezevic, leading Ranieri to curiously compare this growth to that of a tree.

“We took a first step last year, now we need to go the rest of the way, starting from the Champions League preliminary rounds,” he explained.

“The tree we planted has taken fine, thanks to its solid roots: the fine players and the Club. We have new young branches this year and that's how we'll face another long and difficult winter.

“I want Juve to be like a solid chameleon: able to change its skin but tough too. When we signed Amauri, we considered his ability to adapt his style of play to all the other forwards in the team.

“And we're using the same criteria to choose the midfielder we're after.

“We expect to be playing a lot of games, all important as they’re all worth three points. Last year we did very well with the big teams and lost a few points with the small teams, we have to improve under this point of view now.”

Juve finished in third place in Serie A last campaign, but despite having the best record in the league against the top teams, they dropped numerous points against sides at the bottom end of the table.

Gianni Wilson

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
So you would sell Zanetti before Tiago?

Madness.
Look, Not that I will sell him before. I agree with you that its better to hold on Zanetti and sell Tiago. But at this point it's easier to sell Zanetti because his price is a lot bigger. I don't believe that we will get 50% of what we pay last year for Tiago or Almiron. If every newspaper said that Tiago and Almiron are a flop, then no one will give us a fair market value. But to be honest we are going to have too many midfielders and we need to pay wage for everyone, so at the end of the summer we will need to do something. We need to give a chance to our young boys, or sell them.
We don't have a bag full of money, so we need to sell if we wan't to buy. We do this in the past and we need to do the same also now. The only difference is that in the past we have a lot of players with high value, but last year we get Tiago and Almiron and we expect that they will be great, but because of some circumstances they didn't show what we expected, so we have a few chances sell them for cheap, wait for someone who will pay more then we are last yera (I don't belive that this could happen) loan them or hope that this year they will shine and sell them when their price will go up.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
That's true but know is the best time to get some money for him. Maybe we could sell Tiago or Almiron for some reasonable sum of money, but I'm not sure. And the problem is that CR doesn't know how to use them.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
And correct me if I'm wrong. We didn't pay anything for Zanetti so if we sell him for 8 mio, it's only a profit. For Tiago we pay 13m so if we sell him for 6 we lost 7m.
The only chance is to give Tiago (or Almiron) + cash for some great player. If we could use any of them in Alonso or Ivanovič deal, then i would say yes. But I don't believe that Chealse or Liverpool will need them.
The only deal were we could use Tiago would be for Grosso.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
Yes that's right. But I'm pretty sure that the wage of Tiago is near the wage of Zanetti. An the same situation is probably also with Almiron. So if anyone knows how much each of those three earns per week this could be intresting information.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
Look Dominic if you read all posts. I said thet if we will have too many MF then we will need to sell someone. And it's much easier to sell Zanetti at this point.
If we go a few years back, I would never ever sell the best player after Platini. You probably still remember him. I'm talking about Zidane. If anyone would say at that point that we should sell him I will kick his us. But if you look at that situation now, you see that this was acctually great business. We get Buffon (the best goalkeeper in the world), Nedved (the heart of last few years),...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)