Claudio Pizarro (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I'd rather take in Paolucci next year and give him a chance. We have potential great young strikers in Palla, paolucci, boji.
Paolucci doesn´t have the needed experience. Also, we have enough potential with Palladino and Bojinov in the first team. Too many youngsters to rely on is not a good thing IMO.

Second thing is that you cannot compare Paolucci with Pizzaro, as Pizzaro is a powerful striker with many experience, while Paolucci is more like Bojinov.

The best thing is to send Paolucci on a loan next season to a solid Serie A team which will not fight for relegation nor European cups.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Paolucci doesn´t have the needed experience. Also, we have enough potential with Palladino and Bojinov in the first team. Too many youngsters to rely on is not a good thing IMO.

Second thing is that you cannot compare Paolucci with Pizzaro, as Pizzaro is a powerful striker with many experience, while Paolucci is more like Bojinov.

The best thing is to send Paolucci on a loan next season to a solid Serie A team which will not fight for relegation nor European cups.
Exactly.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Young prospects are cute, but the more competitive we become, the less and less these youngsters get to play. Bojinov, Palladino, Paro and Criscito are all outstanding talents, but they are also very lucky that we were in our current situation. They will get their shot, but after the 2008 season, I think a youngster will have to prove themselves elsewhere before they step into our squad. No, it isn't very exciting to "not give young players a chance", but it is the reality of football. Unless the player is absolutely world class, it is just not worth it for a team like us to risk a roster spot on a youngster. There are a TON of young prospects out there. It is a tough road for them, and rightly so.

Durden

May 11, 2006
DP and Trez would still be first choice, so I just don't see the need right now for a backup player like Pizarro, when we have a player like Palla who has showed so much potential lately. Pizarro demands a huge wage and I don't wanna waste that on a 4 striker, when we could sign boji or bring back Paolucci as the 4 striker. The 5 striker will as always be Zala.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
DP and Trez would still be first choice, so I just don't see the need right now for a backup player like Pizarro, when we have a player like Palla who has showed so much potential lately. Pizarro demands a huge wage and I don't wanna waste that on a 4 striker, when we could sign boji or bring back Paolucci as the 4 striker. The 5 striker will as always be Zala.
If he stays here after this season it is an absolute miracle. I don't know how he does it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Like Juve for instance?:p

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
ill rather give palladino a shot as a starter than buying pizarro....palladino the next roberto baggio!!!! lets just hope its true
:agree: DP & Trez would be automatic first choice, but I think Palla could cope with serie A. He has the right attitude. If he learns to play as part of a team, so could Valeri.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
i agree angela, both palla and boji have what it takes to play in serie a, i hope we dont sign a new striker, we should concentrate on midfield and defence

Mar 30, 2006
I don't think that Pizarro would be the solution for the team. There are lots of strickers better than him and Juve needs a good defence as Mike Da Don said.
he would be a good replacement for Zala if he laevs.. and if Trez goes and we get Huntelaar then it will be good to have Pizarro and Huntelaar compete for spots

so our strikers coulde be:

Del Piero/Palladino and Huntelaar/Pizarro

plus he is free so why not?

muccioli

Mar 17, 2007
he would be a good replacement for Zala if he laevs.. and if Trez goes and we get Huntelaar then it will be good to have Pizarro and Huntelaar compete for spots

so our strikers coulde be:

Del Piero/Palladino and Huntelaar/Pizarro

plus he is free so why not?
i definetly agree with you....pizarro wouldnt definetly be a starter at juve he isnt that good

muccioli

Mar 17, 2007
yeah
he has better technique than zala and can be relied on if we get injuries or need a change.

it is also good to have competition for places and Zala does not provide much competition imo
i prefer zala only because of the fact that he never complains with juve jajajajaja he had no problem in going to serie b with us. it wouldnt be fair to bring another 4th attacker to compete with him

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Rangers' bumper Pizarro offer is set to be beaten by Juventus

RANGERS fear they could lose out in the race to sign Claudio Pizarro despite offering the Peruvian hitman a massive £45,000 a week.

As Record Sport revealed yesterday Walter Smith was in Madrid speaking to the out-of-favour Bayern Munich striker's agents last week.

Although it is understood that meeting went favourably Rangers could be beaten to the 28-year-old's signature by Italian giants Juventus, who are ready to offer Pizarro a sensational £60,000 a week:pumpkin: . Pizarro's contract with Bayern is about to end and the man who has scored 160 goals over six seasons in the Bundesliga knows he can command a fantastic salary because the club he selects won't have to pay a transfer fee.

Rangers could afford to fund their move for Pizarro because of the wages which will have been freed up by the departures of Stefan Klos and Dado Prso. Valencia, PSV Eindhoven and Inter Milan also want the striker, but it is believed Juve could have jumped to the head of the queue although Smith has not yet abandoned all hope of capturing Pizarro until he has actually put pen to paper with some other club.

Pizarro has been overlooked at Bayern, who would also love to hold on to him ever since he made it clear he wanted to leave on a Bosman.

Now Rangers can do nothing but wait and hope even though they are willing to make the Lima-born scorer the highest-paid player in the club's history.

Ibrox legend Jorg Albertz is desperately hoping Rangers their man.

Albertz believes the Peruvian is exactly the type of player the Ibrox faithful have been crying out for in the wake of Scott Brown's decision to sign for Celtic. Albertz said: "I was really delighted when I heard Rangers had made a move for Pizarro.

"He would be a fantastic signing and exactly what the fans have been looking for.

"I know the supporters want a big name and Pizarro is just that. The fans over here love him but when you have Roy Makaay, Lukas Podolski and Roque Santa Cruz it was difficult for him to play every game.

"Pizarro is top class. He is tall and fast which is so important in Scottish football.

"It can be difficult to adapt, just look at what happened to Tore Andre Flo at Ibrox. But for me, Pizarro is the right kind of player for Rangers."

Daily record

--------------------------------------------------------

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)