Claudio Marchisio (16 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Khedira is potentially the worst player in the team. Matuidi isn’t far in front

Allegri did the same thing with Pirlo
:touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri does and hes the most informed. Also I agree that Khedira is more useful to the team than Marchisio. Basically because Bentancur and Pjanic being here in front and Marchisio doesnt have the legs to play the whole field IMO.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from sentimentality because of his history here, how is losing a CM who doesn't play horrible?
That's my take on it as well.

Does it hurt to see Claudio leave? Yes, it's sad to see him go. He's been a Juventino for his entire life.
But do i think he'll be missed on the pitch? No.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Aside from sentimentality because of his history here, how is losing a CM who doesn't play horrible?
It isnt. He himself said he wanted to leave, does not seem bitter or like he was forced out at all. We are probably giving him nice severance too but of course we are treating him so poorly :rolleyes:

Its funny how some people belive we are throwing him away for no reason other than to be soulless dicks. Like we wouldnt do what it takes to keep fan favourite, italian, bandeiria if it were at all reasonable to do so?

If he is out then there is very good reason for it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It isnt. He himself said he wanted to leave, does not seem bitter or like he was forced out at all. We are probably giving him nice severance too but of course we are treating him so poorly :rolleyes:
Rescinding his contract, paying him a substantial portion of it (according to reports)... it literally allows him to choose whatever club/league/situation suits him best. He's being treated like the club legend he is.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Was only just over 3 years ago when Marchisio started for us in the champions league final against Barcelona.

Our team back then was: Buffon, Lichsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Evra, Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal, Tevez, Morata

Coman, Pereyra and Llorente came on as subs.

Only 2 of those players are still here now and one of those we just bought back.

Amazing when you think about it was only just over 3 years ago

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Gutted at this.

I really think we have jumped the gun on him. It took Asamoah a couple of seasons to get back to a decent level after his injuries. We haven't given Marchisio the same courtesy. I still think he can get back to a good level, he showed that in glimpses last year.

Also slightly worried at losing so many of the old guard in Buffon, Lichsteiner, Asamoah and Marchisio in one summer.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I'm struggling to get into terms with this, it's like losing a family member, someone you've loved. This is not how legends should be treated, he chose to stay with us during serie B, to me that's an eternal bond. Uno di noi Forza Claudio.

On a sporting level he held a HG spot for CL i feel he would have happily stayed even if he played in coppa matches. He loves us and fans love him. Its sad but this summer is been the biggest mindfuck since farsopoli. We lose so many legends and then bring in a GOAT and a SNAKE.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marchisio's final show of Juve love :touched:
Claudio Marchisio could've been a weight on Juventus this season, so because of that love, he let the Old Lady go. Richard Hall salutes Il Principino.

He didn’t have to do it, his contract ran until 2020, yet Claudio Marchisio’s love for Juventus saw him mutually rescind his deal and leave the club which he adores so much. His picture on social media of him as a boy donning a Juventus shirt said: “I can’t stop looking at his photograph and these stripes on which I wrote my life as a man and a footballer”. There ended a 25-year affiliation with The Old Lady, professionally at least. It was a move that anyone involved with football can sympathise with, as it would’ve been heart-wrenching to do.

From a family of Bianconeri in Turin, Marchisio went from fan, to ball boy, to Serie B, to Champions League, with the club he holds so dear. Now at 32 years of age and after many injures, he decided to leave not just his club, but what he feels is his home.

The 'Little Prince’ won seven Scudetti and four Coppa Italias, three Italian Super Cups and a Serie B title in a glorious career that saw him revered as one of Europe’s best midfielders for a time. Leaving through mutual consent, the midfielder thought it best to further his career elsewhere as he couldn’t give what he wanted to the club after a string of absences that followed a terrible knee injury back in 2016.

Born and raised in Turin, it is no wonder he was a fan favourite and his form also saw him represent the Azzurri 55 times. The only time he left his home Turin was for a loan spell at Empoli, but other than that he has been ever-present. Whilst he hasn’t featured as much as he or the fans would have liked, his departure will hit Juventus fans hard, as he is a symbol of what it means to be a Juventino. The local boy was one of those men who played in the orchestra in 2006 as the ship sank in the ocean of Calciopoli, he did not look for the life boats.:depressed

Marchisio is also not what one sees in modern day footballers. He has never wanted to be in the spotlight and, in the Gianluigi Buffon mould, he has been an example for what the Turin giants expect from their professionals. He is rarely heard off the pitch and in today’s world of footballers being professional marketeers, he is somewhat of a throw-back. One can only imagine how much of an influence he has been and perhaps how much he will be missed in the dressing room by the veterans and young players alike.

It perhaps is a measure of the man that only now we get to discussing his playing qualities. Technically brilliant, tactically astute and what’s more versatile, it is no wonder that he has been a huge part in the journey that Juventus have been on from Serie B to serial title winners. As a mezz'ala, a regista, a 'whatever you need him to be’, he was first a team player for Juventus and secondly dabbled in the superlatives (albeit not that often).

So, where next for Marchiso? The mainstream media suggests MLS, but all fans of Serie A will hope not. A player like Claudio is one of the few that transcends club rivalries, like Paolo Maldini, Gigi Buffon, Javier Zanetti, you just like them. Perhaps he will return to Empoli? His loyalty and the fact he doesn’t seek the limelight would make it a beautiful fit, but perhaps this is a romantic view.

Tonight, Juventus and fans of Serie A will be saddened by the news. As with Alessandro Del Piero and Gigi Buffon, many thought and believed Marchisio deserved to see out his career in Turin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)