Claudio Marchisio (19 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If 2014-15 Marchisio is irrelevant then why are you bringing up Pjanic from 2017 final run? He wasn’t a regista then either Serb.
he was our deepest mid, Khedira played the btb role. in 2015, that was obvioulsy Pirlo, with Marchisio playing a more advanced role. Pjanic was holding our midfield defensively while also being the creative source in attack. clearly WC

May 23, 2013
he was our deepest mid, Khedira played the btb role. in 2015, that was obvioulsy Pirlo, with Marchisio playing a more advanced role. Pjanic was holding our midfield defensively while also being the creative source in attack. clearly WC
And in order for that system to work he need our wingers to babysit the midfield.

Also if your going to use that sort of logic then Marchisio was co regista as Pogba and Vidal ventured forward far more often than Marchisio that season.

So looks like Marchisio as a CM and Regista is levels above Pjanic

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Cant be for real with this. Pjanic is several levels above Marchisio and Im not a biggest fan of Pjanic at all. He is creatively miles ahead, better vision and passing, dribbling, set pieces, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

have you seen Marchisio vs Bayern that season? we reached a CL final with Pjanic being our key contributor just last year, but youre a hater so you chose to forget that
In that game all his flaws became apparent... lack of character, inabillity to play the ball under pressure, no vision, lack of physical strength to hold off challenges, etc... The last aspect wouldnt even matter if his techique was better, but he didnt have anything going for him to play at top level consistently.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
And in order for that system to work he need our wingers to babysit the midfield.

Also if your going to use that sort of logic then Marchisio was co regista as Pogba and Vidal ventured forward far more often than Marchisio that season.

So looks like Marchisio as a CM and Regista is levels above Pjanic
in 5 knock out games before the final, Pjanic averaged 3,8 tackles and 2,2 interceptions, as a supposed weak defensive player. as if 2 wingers would hold down the midfield on their own if the mids are soft :lol: they were defensive because we had 2 attackers that didnt do nothing defensively, so unless you want us to defend with 6 players against barcelona and madrid, in which case youre crazy, they have to defend deep.

co regista :lol: Marchisio was a btb, joining the attack, providing width and covering the right flank. defensively, it was Vidal who covered Pirlo. Marchisio had nothing to do with being a regista when Pirlo was playing.

Pjanic as a CM had a 12 goals and 12 assists season, at Roma. he played a CL semifinal with Lyon, being one of their best players. but sure thing, Marchisio with 3 elite seasons in his career is levels above

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
have you seen Marchisio vs Bayern that season? we reached a CL final with Pjanic being our key contributor just last year, but youre a hater so you chose to forget that
I think you love Pjanic too much, it therefore makes you biased. Pjanic is a good player but he will never be as great as Marchisio. Machisio in his prime was a Modric-level player and besides why is it so easy for some of us to forget everything he's done for this club? What Allegri is doing to him is heart breaking, he belongs on the pitch wearing the captain's armband. I'd take him any day of the year over Pjanic and all the rest of our midfielders. Forza Il principino. If he ever leaves I would still support him wherever he goes.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think you love Pjanic too much, it therefore makes you biased. Pjanic is a good player but he will never be as great as Marchisio. Machisio in his prime was a Modric-level player and besides why is it so easy for some of us to forget everything he's done for this club? What Allegri is doing to him is heart breaking, he belongs on the pitch wearing the captain's armband. I'd take him any day of the year over Pjanic and all the rest of our midfielders. Forza Il principino. If he ever leaves I would still support him wherever he goes.
Marchisio on his prime was like... 2 seasons. If that. When he was a regista/dm. It took 5+ years of him switching positions, from left flank to pretty much everything else.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
The bolded is correct. The rest is nonsense.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Pjanic last season was the 2nd best mid in Europe performance wise, after Modric. Marchisio as a regista was never that good

RoiLezard

Apr 7, 2018
Marchisio on his prime was like... 2 seasons. If that. When he was a regista/dm. It took 5+ years of him switching positions, from left flank to pretty much everything else.
It depends on the years that you consider his prime.

- - - Updated - - -

The bolded is correct. The rest is nonsense.

Lol thank you and I respect your opinion.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Omg...

May 23, 2013
Your 100% right bro. It’s a shame we took so long to find Marchisios position. From 2014-16 he was the closest thing to Modric

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Pls post number of assist&goals to make comparisons with Modric... Marchisio was defensive midfielder, decent one but player like Modric and Pjanic are cut from different cloth..

- - - Updated - - -

Your 100% right bro. It’s a shame we took so long to find Marchisios position. From 2014-16 he was the closest thing to Modric
If u two arent trolling :lol:

RoiLezard

Apr 7, 2018
Pjanic last season was the 2nd best mid in Europe performance wise, after Modric. Marchisio as a regista was never that good
Who said that? Do you have something to prove that he was ranked as the second best mid in Europe? I admit last year Pjanic had his moments of genius/ brilliance. What about this year? How would you judge his season and performances? Was he consistent?

Marchisio had to help Del Piero carry the team so many times in the past in a team full of flops... Now that his mental strength is shaken, of course he doesn't look like his old self. If you keep benching a key player over and over not giving them a chance to get back to their level after an injury, the player would lose their confidence and consequently their true level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)