Claudio Marchisio (29 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:lol: he's alright, we have different opinions but at the end of the day we're on the same side.

Yes I watched some of them, especially this year and I think based on this season's performances, I wouldn't rank Pjanic 2nd in Europe. I think Modric, SMS and Alcantara are the best.
i was talking about 16/17

Jan 22, 2016
You are aware that Pirlo played as a regista for most of the season?
Back then we played with 4 mids and Marchisio was close to Pirlo most of the times and controlled the rhythm of our game.

And actually Marchisio played handful of games as regista when Pirlo was out injured at the beginning of the season and middle of it when we played against Dortmund

May 23, 2013
Back then we played with 4 mids and Marchisio was close to Pirlo most of the times and controlled the rhythm of our game.

And actually Marchisio played handful of games as regista when Pirlo was out injured at the beginning of the season and middle of it when we played against Dortmund
thank you thank you thank you

That is the point I was trying to make earlier. Anyone who actually watched us that season would know this.

- - - Updated - - -

I occasionally watch some of our games from 2015 season.
That Marchisio was facking world class in any way.
Not a single misplaced pass and never panicked under opposition pressing.
I miss him so much, he was 2 levels above this Pjanic at regista.
He was absolutely brilliant. Different level from Pjanic or any mid we currently have.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I occasionally watch some of our games from 2015 season.
That Marchisio was facking world class in any way.
Not a single misplaced pass and never panicked under opposition pressing.
I miss him so much, he was 2 levels above this Pjanic at regista.
i think the same...he was turning into a really good axis for the team...only missed the free kicks....

fukin injury

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Pjanič has more ability and higher ceiling, however, if I had to pick one player for the whole season at the top of his ability, I'd take Claudio, he played with heart and soul, none of the moody Balkan stuff. Of course it also depends if we have someone like Dybala in the starting line-up who can replace Miralems freekicks and corner kicks, if not I'm inclined to say Pjanič, he's pure killer on those :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think you love Pjanic too much, it therefore makes you biased. Pjanic is a good player but he will never be as great as Marchisio. Machisio in his prime was a Modric-level player and besides why is it so easy for some of us to forget everything he's done for this club? What Allegri is doing to him is heart breaking, he belongs on the pitch wearing the captain's armband. I'd take him any day of the year over Pjanic and all the rest of our midfielders. Forza Il principino. If he ever leaves I would still support him wherever he goes.
Marchisio is one of my all time favorite players. But he was never as good as Modric. I agree, at his best he is a level above Pjanic. But it's still close. Neither of them have the impact Modric has on a team though.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Marchisio is one of my all time favorite players. But he was never as good as Modric. I agree, at his best he is a level above Pjanic. But it's still close. Neither of them have the impact Modric has on a team though.

Footballistically speaking, I agree with you, Modric's qualities are unmatched. I was referring to the Marchisio who earned the nickname Il Principino, I remember at some point of his career he was the complete midfielder, a great dribbler, passer and physically very decent and reliable. He was meant to be our future captain, I don't know what happened. Damn these injuries.

But I should give credit where credit is due, Pjanic's set pieces are masterclass.

May 23, 2013

Okay maybe it’s an exaggeration to say he is at the level of Modric as Modric is the closest if not at the level of Xavi and Pirlo. But as you said at his his best Marchisio is a level above Pjanic and at his best I don’t think there was any midfielder better other than Modric.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes according to a biased fan YES. And he still is, not only than the named above but also better than Pogba, Vidal, Thiago, Savic, Rakitic, Silva... Let's just close this topic, you can't keep up with someone who's biased to the bones.
Pretty much. Not only biased but they have short term memory.

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanič has more ability and higher ceiling, however, if I had to pick one player for the whole season at the top of his ability, I'd take Claudio, he played with heart and soul, none of the moody Balkan stuff. Of course it also depends if we have someone like Dybala in the starting line-up who can replace Miralems freekicks and corner kicks, if not I'm inclined to say Pjanič, he's pure killer on those :D
He has more ability when it comes to playing the killer pass, though he hasn’t shown it much at Juve. However when it comes to dictating the match and being comfortable in possessions he is nowhere near Marchisio.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He's posted pics of his trip to China on his instagram

:shifty:
Lets keep calm, maybe he is just enjoying his vacations.

Back to claudio, yeah in his 2015 season he was even more reliable than Pirlo. Marchisio is the kind of player who will never be in the spotlight, but kept things together.

The good thing about orime Marchisio is that he was a very reliable regista, he didnt had the vision from pirlo (well who does), but he was physically more reliable and he let the other 2 mids do their job with peace of mind.

No one outside juve was aware of his contribution, but the ones who followed Juve were aware of the importance of Marchisio at the heart of the team, specially in those months that Pirlo was starting to deteriorate and fast.

I still has hope allegri stop his bullshit and give Marchisio one more chance. There are games were Miralem is losing balls left and right (pretty much like Pirlo in his last year) and i never saw marchisio doing that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)