Claudio Marchisio (59 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I didnt like his performance today, but there is one thing i really need to point out, or rather, get pissed at and that is his constant use of his left foot even when he can make a pass with his right. He started doing this ever since he started to be played as the deep lying playmayker. And its not only Marchisio, i keep seeing this with Pogba, and definitely with Hernanes who also cost us a goal because he used his left foot when he shouldnt have. They really need to stop that, all of them.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I'm not convinced he is an adequate holding mid/regista. It worked well we played a 4-3-1-2. With Pereyra and Vidal in the hole, all that was needed from Marchisio was short simple passing while that final ball or dribble to open up a defense was the responsibility of the trequartista. Now in a 4-3-3 we need those Pirloesque passes over the top. Pirlo never had the same issues without an extra attacking mid because he could pick out ridiculous passes of which Marchisio is just not capable. Once that link between midfield and attack is taken out of the equation, a lot more creativity is demanded from Marchisio.

I liked him better as a b2b. His unpredictable runs forward and prolific goal scoring added something extra until we realised Vidal was better than him. If Khedira doesn't step up any time soon we may as well look for a more classic holding mid who can create and play Marchisio as a B2B. I'm starting to get sketchy about how much Khedira can bring to this team. If he's inadequate, we may as well upgrade to a Gundogan type of player and Marchisio can bench Khedira. Or we can finally buy a class attacking mid (or both) - that would be ample.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
At first I was pissed when Kingkongkahlua speaks ill to Marchisio, but then I started to think these people can only dream to have a life and job the great guy having. That helps me to calm down and now looking at these fictitious criticism posts I can finally smile.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
Mata singled him out as the most underrated player in the world of football... Will it be Il Principino who'll lead our next trequartista to Turin?

Scroll to 0:52

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)