Claudio Marchisio (48 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Tuttosport touts Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Buffon and Evra as those who matter most in the dressing room. Interesting omission. Future captain?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Tuttosport touts Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Buffon and Evra as those who matter most in the dressing room. Interesting omission. Future captain?
Doesn't matter really. If Buffon retires in the next couple of years Marchisio will get the armband. The romance about the 7 year old boy graduating all the way to Captain of the team is too strong to be ignored.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
icemaη;5132671 said:
Doesn't matter really. If Buffon retires in the next couple of years Marchisio will get the armband. The romance about the 7 year old boy graduating all the way to Captain of the team is too strong to be ignored.
No romance when choosing who's captain in this club. It's always the one with most caps?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
At some clubs (like Real), not at Juve. Del Piero had less caps than Conte when he was chosen captain.
But Conte was captain when Del Piero played. It was so long ago I can't remember why Del Piero got the armband then, maybe Conte became sub?

- - - Updated - - -

...which will most likely still be Marchisio :D

Or maybe Chiellini for a season or so in between, depending on when Buffon retires.
I think Chiellini is before Marchisio. Meh, not that this matters very much.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
But Conte was captain when Del Piero played. It was so long ago I can't remember why Del Piero got the armband then, maybe Conte became sub?

- - - Updated - - -
So? Del Piero was practically a sub during Capello seasons (when fuckin Thuram used to wear it most of the time) but remained captain.

Yes, Chiellini is the vice, but doubt he'll get to become the captain, cause him and Buffon will probably leave at the same time.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
So? Del Piero was practically a sub during Capello seasons (when fuckin Thuram used to wear it most of the time) but remained captain.

Yes, Chiellini is the vice, but doubt he'll get to become the captain, cause him and Buffon will probably leave at the same time.
Your doubts have no impact. So if everything goes by the club rules Chiellini will be the captain after Buffon.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Defenders often play until higher age than midfielders so Marchisio might not get more than a season of two of being a captain?
I can see him play for another 4-5 seasons. After that it might be tough. Over 35 for a central midfielder is not very likely.

- - - Updated - - -

...which will most likely still be Marchisio :D

Or maybe Chiellini for a season or so in between, depending on when Buffon retires.
Chiellini has 379 appearances, Marchisio 309.

Marchisio is a more natural captain though. Chiellini's tough and all, but hard to take seriously.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I've read at least one post calling out Claudio for lacking leadership qualities. I'd like to point out that - while I've no idea what goes on in the dressing room - with Claudio on the pitch we look significantly more unified as a team.

One of the few leaders we've got it would seem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)