Claudio Marchisio (13 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
While what you say is true, the way we let Del Piero go means letting Marchisio go for a good price would be a simple decision. Emotions, attachments etc mean nothing now.
Different scenario, considering his age and contract expiry. I don't really want to go over the Del Piero situation again but I agree that it was a technical choice. The same may apply for Marchisio, but it only seems realistic if at some point he demands to play more. It depends on more than that, and on things that are not related to him, but that has to be the long and short of it for him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He isn't a bench warmer. :lol:

This has not been a great season for him and since his injury he has been poor for sure. But by no means a bench warmer yet. Season isn't even half over yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably worth selling him if he's no longer a starter but i would be shocked if he actually left.
:shocksurprise:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Pogba has displaced marchisio in this team...there is no way Marchisio is going to win his spot back unless PSG really come to the table and make an offer Marotta can't refuse.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
He's not being sold, and with good reason. A very high quality bench option. A player we should definitely keep amongst our ranks, when we should be moving on the likes of Padoin instead.
But the difference between Padoin and Marchisio is that 1 x Marchisio = 25 million, whereas, 1 x Padoin = 2 dollars.

So we can all sit here and state to sell Padoin, Peluso, Isla, Vucinic, Gio, Quags and so many others who we all think are not good enough, but then we have only half a squad left.

As much as I would love to sell all those guys and replace them, the reality is only a few of those names can get us decent money to fix our weaknesses.

Marchisio on the other hand is one player than can generate good funds. And in at this point in time, it wouldn't hurt the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Further to the above...sometimes you need to make sacrifices...we sold Zidane, Inzaghi and Kovacevic in one season and brought in buffon, nedved, thuram and salas from memory...and by doing this we reached the CL final again under Lippi. Sometimes hard decisions need to be made.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
But he's also still a key midfielder in the team. Generally you sell your crap players, and keep the good ones. Also the fact that he is a Juventino (through and through) is something that the club will also consider. It's not just a simple case of Club X is offering 25M, and he isn't a starter, so he needs to be sold.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
But he's also still a key midfielder in the team. Generally you sell your crap players, and keep the good ones. Also the fact that he is a Juventino (through and through) is something that the club will also consider. It's not just a simple case of Club X is offering 25M, and he isn't a starter, so he needs to be sold.
is he still a key midfielder in this team? I disagree, he isn't a key. Pirlo and Vidal are key midfielders..when these guys are not on the pitch, we feel it. When Marchisio is not on the pitch, players like pogba and even Asamoah fill his spot easily.

You sell your crap players but you cant sell them all to generate funds to fix your teams weakness. We are not PSG or Man City who have 30 million plus players just sitting on the bench rarely playing. We need funds, we have limited players to generate these funds...we got kicked of the CL earlier than what would have been budgeted for...

Every player has a price, and if someone is offering good money, possibly over offering for a player, you need to access the situation and take advantage. Juventino through and through...others have been as well...players come and go...the maldini, del piero and totti's of this world staying at one club all their careers is scarce.

And let's face it, cash is king these days...and juve don't have cash, so when it is offered in abundance for a bench player, we shouldn't be saying no because he is a home grown youth player.

- - - Updated - - -

is he still a key midfielder in this team? I disagree, he isn't a key. Pirlo and Vidal are key midfielders..when these guys are not on the pitch, we feel it. When Marchisio is not on the pitch, players like pogba and even Asamoah fill his spot easily.

You sell your crap players but you cant sell them all to generate funds to fix your teams weakness. We are not PSG or Man City who have 30 million plus players just sitting on the bench rarely playing. We need funds, we have limited players to generate these funds...we got kicked of the CL earlier than what would have been budgeted for...

Every player has a price, and if someone is offering good money, possibly over offering for a player, you need to access the situation and take advantage. Juventino through and through...others have been as well...players come and go...the maldini, del piero and totti's of this world staying at one club all their careers is scarce.

And let's face it, cash is king these days...and juve don't have cash, so when it is offered in abundance for a bench player, we shouldn't be saying no because he is a home grown youth player.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I don't know I understand the logic of him being a Juventino at heart means he should stay. A lot of people on this forum are Juventinos through and through, doesn't mean any are good enough to play for the Juve E team.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Reminds me of my mum, after my dad died she said she wouldn't ever sell the house that he bought for the family etc...but when things changed when someone offered her a few hundred thousand more than what the house was worth.

Everyone has a price!! I'm sure if PSG came out and offered 100 million for Pogba, we may be seeing him playing for them next season.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I reckon Maresca was actually better than Marchisio...still have no idea why he was treated the way he was.

is it 25 million euros or pounds that united are offering? I don't know...I reckon we are pushing it with 25...then again, if PSG are offering 50 million for marchisio, maybe marchisio is worth 30 or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)