Claudio Marchisio (13 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
It's not really about making up numbers. We preferred to go with one player less on our roster than put a primavera player in there. It's about having players we can actually use. Zaza or Berardi would hardly get any playing time with the forward lineup we have currently. They are at least another season away from featuring for us imo. Criscito would cost us money while we'll lose money on Isla. Also, $#@! Criscito :D
Yeah I dont think those strikers could yet play for us in the CL but we could get away with playing one of them in the odd Serie A or Coppa game imo. Plus its not like we need to have 5 strikers who can all be starters .. we could get by fine with 4 and a youngster.

Also I feel we need a LB regardless so why not Criscito? He is a good player and already knows serie A. Better then a lot of the options. We could get half the money we need for him by selling our half of Isla, even if we dont recoup the full amount. The rest can come from selling a surplus player. Criscito is a better LB for a 433 or 424 formation while Asa can be our guy for the 352 or if we need him in Mid.

For me it's more about bringing a player which can take us to the next level (mata, Di maria .. etc), even if it means we have to do a bit of rejigging with the squad.

I think if most teams had 5 really good central mids they would swap one of them if it meant bringing in a player who is not only better but is a totally different sort of player who our club seems to lack. Mata could have a similar impact on our attacking play that Nedved had, he took things into his hands and created so much for us (although mata lacks Nedved crazy defensive work rate)

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 30, 2006
Jovetic and Lamela would prob cost us like 50 million Euro. Also they are on really high wages at City (Jovetic makes 7.5 million Euro a season at City lol) and Tottenham. A good left back would prob cost us 10-15 million. We totally can't afford

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Looking at our balance sheet from the last year and considering the results that are expected at the end of this term there is rather big probability that we'll sell someone to balance our books; or mgt might have in their plans emission of shares this spring earliest. If neither of those two scenarios occur we'll have minimum capital, probably as much as few millions. Next year there won't be much changes regarding financial aspect - I don't believe we'll break even - and one of these two things are bound to happen; either mother company (Exor) subscribe more shares, increasing our capital reserves on one side and bank account on the other, or we'll offload some player for significant fee. There are few things to consider when making these kind of sales and one of those is player's book value. The lower the book value is the bigger the profit and vice-versa. Players like Marchisio or Pogba for this reason (their book value is less than 1m) can fetch us nice sum. So offers in region of 25m for player of Marchisio's caliber need to be deliberated carefully and if one like that arrives our youth product will continue with his career elsewhere IMO.

Needles to say when you run out of capital it's game over (bankruptcy).

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see a scenario where he leaves, considering his ties to the club, and CM requirements we have.
Ties are irrelevant in these matters.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
No, it's because we're business, have certain responsibilities and limits and emotions are secondary.
But still important. It's easy to underestimate the affection that the club and (many, especially domestic) fans have for the player and vice versa, but it's a dying aspect of modern football to have a high level player with those deep roots. The home grown rule aspect is a big bonus here.

Of course if a huge bid comes in then people discuss what is best for all parties, but there is little to suggest that is going to happen or that he wants to leave.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Tears would trickle down this chin on that day...

And amidst all this forlorn beauty, I would gaze upon the landscape put low by the shadows of those happy few, that viewed him with great scorn and prayed for his demise, fought for it, and would do so even with their last breath. The ones who dared call themselves brethren. In their rejoice I would hang my head dejectedly, yelling out to them: hath you no shame??

On that day ....

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
But still important. It's easy to underestimate the affection that the club and (many, especially domestic) fans have for the player and vice versa, but it's a dying aspect of modern football to have a high level player with those deep roots. The home grown rule aspect is a big bonus here.

Of course if a huge bid comes in then people discuss what is best for all parties, but there is little to suggest that is going to happen or that he wants to leave.
We'll still have few players to fill up the quota, like this year with that goalie I've never heard of, but there aren't enough talented Italian players that would be able to take this team to another level, from our ranks even less, naturally. What our Italian fans think of that is secondary IMO. There is nothing to suggest that we'll reject bid in region of 25m. I'd even say based on our previous dealings we'll almost certainly accept one; and considering the capital issue we're likely to have this summer, that along with few other things (his role) might only speed up the process. What I'm saying, the bottom line is that we will not reject serious offer just because he's homegrown or because it might hurt feelings of our Italian fans. When was the last time that we got 25m for any player?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Like De Ceglie? Giovinco? We might not have any we can use. It's ok putting 'unused kid' in a spot, but it counts against a player who can actually be used on the A list.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've said before that I find it very hard to see Marchisio leaving without a complete breakdown in his relationship with the club.

It's one of those situations where you feel the gap between Juve's valuation of what Marchisio is worth to them and another club's valuation of what he would be worth playing for them is likely to be big enough for it to be very hard for a transfer to be agreed upon.

Mar 30, 2006
It is hard to see Juve letting him go for sure but the money is a lot and it might be enticing for him to be a starter and marquee player at Manchester United. Also if they can afford to pay Ashley Young 110 000 pounds a week , I am sure Marchisio will see his wages doubled. Hard for him and the club not to consider this given the situation on both sides. Marchisio would be able to walk into the starting 11 at Manchester United while at Juve he is facing competition for his spot in a world cup year.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

While what you say is true, the way we let Del Piero go means letting Marchisio go for a good price would be a simple decision. Emotions, attachments etc mean nothing now.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Like De Ceglie? Giovinco? We might not have any we can use. It's ok putting 'unused kid' in a spot, but it counts against a player who can actually be used on the A list.
I think we'll manage fine with 4 less players, 4 less capable ones if you wish, especially considering Conte's chronic aversion to using subs. Other 4, those who are not home grown, we won't have difficulties to find.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Gio, Deceglie, Isla are totally surplus and the first one that need to go.

After that...Vucinic if a good offer comes...and if a REALLY goof offer comes for Marchisio, maybe he will have to go too. But is not an urgency to sell marchisio to be honest.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
While what you say is true, the way we let Del Piero go means letting Marchisio go for a good price would be a simple decision. Emotions, attachments etc mean nothing now.
Some people here assume that Marchisio will still remain loyal despite the fact that he's fast becoming bench player, someone to fill the gap when necessary and considering that he complained previously when we brought Vidal, then last summer there was situation when he went to the media as he didn't feel important enough and wanted reassurance or some guarantees over his future status, I'm of belief that he holds himself highly and he's not exactly relishing the prospect of being just a bench player, in fact he might be the one to push for transfer. Well, we'll see how this saga ends, but better players, more loyal players left as they weren't considered vital part of the project anymore, be it by their choice or the club decided to part ways; Del Piero was one of them as you've said, player immensely more important, not only for his footballing skills, but it was time and Marchisio's might be approaching despite of his relatively young age.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
From Marchisio's perspective

- has become a bench warmer and probably understands his spot in this team.
- higher wages from Man U
- probably wants more playing time in the second half of the season to maintain a spot in the NT for the WC
- 27 years old...I wouldn't want to warm the bench at that age when he should be in his prime.

From Marotta's perspective
- a team is offering us 25 million pounds for Marchisio who is not world class and is sitting on bench
- what we could do with that kind of money??
- home grown player...just one of many other good home grown players who misses out on staying at juve all their career.

If we were cash up, then fine, keep him but we have his replacement already in Asamoah who I believe is just as good in midfield as Marchisio is. Why not bring in a true left back, and even bring back a player like marrone for cover in midfield.

Sell Vucinic, marchisio and quags and we suddenly have decent money and could actually fix the major weaknesses in this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)