Claudio Marchisio (57 Viewers)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
my feeling with Marchisio is that he will end up like Nocerino. With Zanetti and Sissoko at the club, as well as another possible midfielder arriving, he wont see the pitch too often and be loaned or sold to another club come end of next season. Its good that he is here in Torino, we could do with the backup as we will be playing in 3 cups next season, but i fear his career could be hampened by this.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If he is like Nocerino, that means he would play ALOT. Nocerino has been like the Juve player who has played the most games, no kidding. So if he is in a Nocerino sitaution, it would mean he gets alot of chance to prove himself. And even if its a big test for Marchisio, he has shown that he is a class talent in his basic football (he played for us last season, and in the few games I saw, was impressive). While Nocerino is a poor footballer trying to overcompensate with tenacious running.

What would hamper Marchisio is if he didnt play any at all etc. But we will be competing for alot and he will get significant time, believe me. His career wont be hampered by getting the chance to break into the team. Its up to him to take the chance. Thats the only option, have a player on the squad and let him do the rest.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I would be satisfied if he is to play back up to Momo, Zanetti and... Xabi Alonso :D He will get enough playing time between the Coppa, CL and Serie A, especially because he could be used as a tacical alternative becuase he is different from our other CMs.

Btw, one of the first things I noticed about him was how comfortable he is with using both feet (his right foot is his dominant foot). The golazo he scored yesterday was with his left foot.
I look at him and have a feeling that if he is given ample opportunity, he will become world class like De Rossi. He has that winner's feeling about him.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
If he is like Nocerino, that means he would play ALOT. Nocerino has been like the Juve player who has played the most games, no kidding. So if he is in a Nocerino sitaution, it would mean he gets alot of chance to prove himself. And even if its a big test for Marchisio, he has shown that he is a class talent in his basic football (he played for us last season, and in the few games I saw, was impressive). While Nocerino is a poor footballer trying to overcompensate with tenacious running.

What would hamper Marchisio is if he didnt play any at all etc. But we will be competing for alot and he will get significant time, believe me. His career wont be hampered by getting the chance to break into the team. Its up to him to take the chance. Thats the only option, have a player on the squad and let him do the rest.
i meant he would end up like Nocerino by leaving us come the end of the season. Sure Nocerino played quite a lot this season, but it wasnt only because of the failures of Tiago and Almiron. With Zanetti, Sissoko and possibly Xabi Alonso in the team, i dont see much room for Marchisio.
I hope you can understand my point here.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

I agree, the main issues we had with palladino especially this year is that he failed to impress in his limited performances and eventually fell out of favor understandably. We have said it time and again this is a very tough team to break into and players will need to perform extra and force themselves on the players and the coach.

I think Claudio has the talent and confidence to excel in the level expected, he will get his chances in the team because simply he offers something that both zanetti and sissoko don't which is the drive from the middle and he is more of an all rounder than both of them.

If he is brought back he will get chances but depends on what he does with them

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
another major advantage for Marchi is that he has already started and most importantly, done well for Juve before...so he can take that confidence with him while Noce was completely unproven in a big team...let's hope for the best

David01

Aug 20, 2006
you guys need to decide what you want
I think we all want the best Juve possible but do we want youngsters for the sake of it or do we want a really strong team without youngsters?
if Marchisio or Nocerino do break into the team it should be because they earn it not because they are young
if we can sign Xabi it will be hard for them but if they do succeed then we can safely say they have what it takes
Palla had his chances but failed so now he is out that is the way of a top team

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
you guys need to decide what you want
I think we all want the best Juve possible but do we want youngsters for the sake of it or do we want a really strong team without youngsters?
if Marchisio or Nocerino do break into the team it should be because they earn it not because they are young
if we can sign Xabi it will be hard for them but if they do succeed then we can safely say they have what it takes
Palla had his chances but failed so now he is out that is the way of a top team
good point.
I think what makes a good team is not only experienced players but also promising talent, look at teams like man u and barca. They all have good quality youth talent. I personally think that our team is going through a process to reach that stage, we are not quite there yet but you can see it coming together, remember what gigli said when he took over, the new juventus would be a mix of champions and youth.
The stage that we are in now includes the selection of those players, people like cristico, nocerino and palladino haven't really made the grade; they had their chances but they didn't take them and shine, one valid reason for this is the fact that none of them had played consistently in siere A before. I think that these players were the weaker part of our promising players section, I expect now that giovinco, marchisio and D.C have had a year playing more consistency and the fact that they have shone at their clubs they can bring more to our team next season, they will get more chances too, we will be in 3 competions, CR can't field the same team every week so I expect some of them to intergrate at least to the fringes of the first team, they have more quality then the others so I would expect more.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
it is a fine balance that will need to find
young players need experience but if they are brought too soon they will fail and their Juve career might be over
in the past I had great hopes for Miccoli, he never delivered he goes to Benfica and blossoms
it will always be harder for a top team to have youngsters of their own because expectations are sky high, no room for mistakes and that is what youngsters do
they make mistakes - trial and error- they need to learn from their mistakes; only they won't get that chance at a top team like Juve
I hope Giovinco can do it but I'm wary for putting too much pressure on him
he is young and people here expect him to be an instant hit
that is a lot for those young shoulders to carry
with talent alone he won't cut it

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We need a team of quality, experienced starters, to make the difference and curry the weights of our team. And beside them, we need youngsters with great quality to support them and eventually replace them.
There are places in our team that lack both of these attributes and places that are stacked up.
Molinaro for example in not experienced neither promising, he is a waste of time and space.
We need to find a balance between, giving the chances to our youngsters to prove themselves and release him from unbearable pressure of being our backbone and curry our team on their shoulders.
Criscito and Noce, both suffered because of this!

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
yes good points you 2, but these 3 players returning really are the creme de la creme of the players we expect to do well, they all seem head and shoulders above the young players we had this season, Giovinco is a phenomenon, there is no denying it, I think that he has more technique than the young DP, he has that same kind of explosiveness of DP at his prime too. Giovinco is a real nmber 10 which is something which is becoming extinct nowadays, however we should not pressurize him too much as we don't want him to burn out but I really think that our management won't let that happen at all.

Marchisio really has more to give than nocerino he can hassle as well as nocerino, and his ability going forward is much better too, he is double footed which I haven't seen from a young player for a while which shows he is confident in his abilities.

DC is also very good he has pace and plays like he has been on siere A for years a good left back is often a rarity today, I'll admit though I haven't watched him as much as the other 2 but when I have I have been impressed.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Marchisio flirts with Lazio

Juventus youngster Claudio Marchisio is delighted that Lazio are tracking him and is dreaming of a move to the Eternal City.

The 22-year-old midfielder has spent the season on loan to Empoli where he is adapting to life in the top flight.

But Marchisio seems unlikely to find first-team football in Turin next term and it seems that he is looking elsewhere.

“I have read and heard rumours that the Biancocelesti are interested in me,” he told the Corriere dello Sport.

“The first thing I thought was that if a great club like Lazio are chasing me then I must be playing well.

“Then I was just really proud because I can only be proud to be on the Aquile’s shopping list.

“I know that Delio Rossi is a very prepared Coach tactically and it would be great to play in his side.

“I have had a good season at Empoli and it would be a big step up to play in Rome.”

channel4.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
If its on loan i would seriously consider it, cause Lazio are quite a good team, so he will have more quality around him, thus he would improve no ends.

If its co-ownership or full buy i'd say no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)