Claudio Marchisio (74 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
December 2008 :touched:

I said it before and I maintain what I say, I believe that Marchisio has what it takes to be a champion and I have more faith in him becoming a great than even Giovinco.
Dude, as I said in XT, Marchisio is a promising player, but lets not get carried away.
Btw, reading through the beginning of the thread to 2009 and I'm seeing unanimous agreement after each match of how great Marchisio was in the 2008-09 season. But I guess once a train starts going here, it's hard not to jump on.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
I like how you soften the bashing of Marchisio of the past to 'against Marchisio' and going over the moon by calling what people who supported him did as 'worship'. :howler:

I feel happy to let this topic go but then this post came. But whatever.
to put it simply, I think there are people here who regard marchisio very highly, and I just do not share the same opinion IN THE PAST SEASONS because I personally thought he was mediocre, what more on the left. that is not to say he didn't have his fair share of bashers, who I am sure are gladly eating their foot thiseason. it's not uncommon, there has been discussions (if not here) on how there are SOME Juve fans who did view marchisio in a higher regard simply because he was our youth product and in those desperate times needed a 'messiah' or 'continuation' for the future of Juventus.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
to put it simply, I think there are people here who regard marchisio very highly, and I just do not share the same opinion IN THE PAST SEASONS because I personally thought he was mediocre, what more on the left. that is not to say he didn't have his fair share of bashers, who I am sure are gladly eating their foot thiseason. it's not uncommon, there has been discussions (if not here) on how there are SOME Juve fans who did view marchisio in a higher regard simply because he was our youth product and in those desperate times needed a 'messiah' or 'continuation' for the future of Juventus.
There's a difference between seeing the quality and potential in a player, and believing he plays well. Many of us saw what he was capable of even if he did not perform at a high level every week.

Calling him mediocre in the past seasons is just revisionism. Mediocre is what someone like De Ceglie has been.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
I think it's perfectly reasonable and visible to see his talent but honestly I cannot help but feel some put him wayyy above than what his performances were showing in the past seasons. He wasn't abysmal, but not as outstanding as some claimed him to be in the past.
Dude even your post negate yourself.

If he wasn't abysmal according to you, then do you think it's fair that he got bashed? Don't tell me he didn't get some, the invisible joke and Casper were invented rightfully for that.

Anyway, compare the so-called clan's bashings to bashings of Marchisio in the past. It's just a tickle but some are making a big deal out of it.

There's a difference between seeing the quality and potential in a player, and believing he plays well. Many of us saw what he was capable of even if he did not perform at a high level every week.

Calling him mediocre in the past seasons is just revisionism. Mediocre is what someone like De Ceglie has been.
The point I'm looking for. :tup:

Aug 1, 2003

that's my point, seeing the quality/potential is totally understandable but there were games when marchisio did not play as well as his supporters believed he did. in that sense I am just saying there were few who I suppose in that regard may be somewhat biased and I suppose that's normal in football if it's your favourite player, but few could be too insistent and hate on those who simply disagree and think marchisio had a bad game.

personally I found it hard to rate anyone in Juve the past two seasons; it was a collective crumble hence the use of mediocrity. he was definitely the better ones in B and after.

Aug 1, 2003
Dude even your post negate yourself.

If he wasn't abysmal according to you, then do you think it's fair that he got bashed? Don't tell me he didn't get some, the invisible joke and Casper were invented rightfully for that.

Anyway, compare the so-called clan's bashings to bashings of Marchisio in the past. It's just a tickle but some are making a big deal out of it.
it's just how this forum works, some things and arguments are done excessively. of course I don't think the bashings of marchi is deserved and marchi supporters have every right to gloat if they want, but likewise I don't think the mentality of "either you're with us or you're against us" (and that's the impression I get) is fair. Some Juve fans, like me, like Marchisio as a Juve player, not any more or less, and just observe and judge him on a game to game basis.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
it's just how this forum works, some things and arguments are done excessively. of course I don't think the bashings of marchi is deserved and marchi supporters have every right to gloat if they want, but likewise I don't think the mentality of "either you're with us or you're against us" (and that's the impression I get) is fair. Some Juve fans, like me, like Marchisio as a Juve player, not any more or less, and just observe and judge him on a game to game basis.
Again! Your post negates yourself! It's just how this forum works, some things and arguments are done excessively, including gloatings.

I kind of confused as to what's the point you're trying to make here. But let me try it. People made assesments of how good Marchisio can be. Some of us at some point thought that he'll never be as good as this while another group people thought that he'll become a great player. That's how you got the "either you're with us or you're against us". These two groups are just making their opinion consistent through time, nothing unfair with that for me, contrary to what you're thinking. I can see that you're trying to tell me that you've fallen for neither groups and people should be like that too. This is where I think you got it wrong. Nothing unfair about choosing sides based on their opinions, people are also free to choose neither side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)