Claudio Marchisio (34 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Even with all of Khedira's injury issues in the past he was immediately given playing time quickly. Went through a crack knee and many muscle injuries and he was given time quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the obvious issue?
That he needs to get himself match fit before playing serious matches. And I don't consider games against bottom table Serie A clubs as serious matches, those he can even play 90 minutes because we conserve energy for majority of the game and win with 60% strength

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Even with all of Khedira's injury issues in the past he was immediately given playing time quickly. Went through a crack knee and many muscle injuries and he was given time quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the obvious issue?
:agree: but some clearly have short memory, 1 fucking tackle and suddenly all the times hes been useless this season and his unforgivable performance vs sampdoria and he's king

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
By working them out in the other million opportunities he has to do that as a pro athlete outside of just throwing him back into competitive matches? Its almost like you think if its not on tv it isn't happening.

Yes because players who are coming back from injury never have special made programs for them.
You keep mentioning TV. I would love for you to elaborate that because it has nothing to do with Marchisio.

His "special program" has been done for some time now. He is training with the first team and has been for some time. But go ahead and keep with that particular argument angle. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

That he needs to get himself match fit before playing serious matches. And I don't consider games against bottom table Serie A clubs as serious matches, those he can even play 90 minutes because we conserve energy for majority of the game and win with 60% strength
Serious matches? You're telling me in 3 competitions you can't find 20 mins to spare to get what should be one of your best CM's back to fitness?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The problem for Max is that we don't have any B2B CM backups for Matuidi and Khedira. I think Allegri would gladly have Marchisio as the vice-Pjanic, and in that sense he could get more playing time because Pjanic takes games off. But Max has to be careful to keep Marchisio in good condition all the way until the end of the season in case Matuidi/Khedira run into trouble.

So Max uses Bentancur as the vice-Pjanic since he's a young kid and most comfortable there by far. That leaves Marchisio as backup B2B but he can't do 90 minutes so his playing time is severely limited.

Now if only he would *just try ONE time* Berna at RCM against some shit team, just to see what your options are - then maybe Marchisio could get more time as vice-Pjanic.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
And @Hustini, that quote was to Badass, he keeps insisting for weeks how Marchisio should be a starter even if he's half fit, because Khedira is useless. That's why I asked him if he watched the Torino game in the 1st place.

But back to the point, I dont see how increasing his minutes against fodder teams would help him in any way fitness wise. I could play regista for Juve vs Crotone and wouldn't even run out of gas for 90 minutes, not even joking. Don't see how that would benefit him more than working out with a fitness coach

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The problem for Max is that we don't have any B2B CM backups for Matuidi and Khedira. I think Allegri would gladly have Marchisio as the vice-Pjanic, and in that sense he could get more playing time because Pjanic takes games off. But Max has to be careful to keep Marchisio in good condition all the way until the end of the season in case Matuidi/Khedira run into trouble.

So Max uses Bentancur as the vice-Pjanic since he's a young kid and most comfortable there by far. That leaves Marchisio as backup B2B but he can't do 90 minutes so his playing time is severely limited.

Now if only he would *just try ONE time* Berna at RCM against some shit team, just to see what your options are - then maybe Marchisio could get more time as vice-Pjanic.
Perhaps. In matches where the result is pretty much done, why not take Pjanic off and Marchisio on? Less pressure, team is in conserve mode and what better player than Pjanic to control the tempo of the game than Marchisio?

Bentancur can play b2b he has the legs for it. We can't get to March and expect Marchisio to have 90 mins in his legs if he continues on this trend IMO.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And @Hustini, that quote was to Badass, he keeps insisting for weeks how Marchisio should be a starter even if he's half fit, because Khedira is useless. That's why I asked him if he watched the Torino game in the 1st place.

But back to the point, I dont see how increasing his minutes against fodder teams would help him in any way fitness wise. I could play regista for Juve vs Crotone and wouldn't even run out of gas for 90 minutes, not even joking. Don't see how that would benefit him more than working out with a fitness coach
Seriously don't even use that pathetic Torino team as an excuse to defend khedira, it was an awful B team that was hopeless, talk about the matches that have mattered because Khedira IS USELESS, frankly i cant wait to see the back of him and have a proper midfielder in his place

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You keep mentioning TV. I would love for you to elaborate that because it has nothing to do with Marchisio.
because you keep insisting playing in a competitive match is somehow the magic formula to recover his muscles. I would agree that competitive matches are different than training and it helps acclimate a player back into the side but that is psychologically, his muscles don't know the fucking difference between a competitive match and a training one but you keep arguing that they do.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Word - wasn't sure. :tup:

No, you could not play regista for Juve against any team. No need to exaggerate that to try and prove a point. Some things, especially in football, only playing in matches can give you. I'm sure he has plenty of time with a fitness coach...but is it really doing him any good?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Perhaps. In matches where the result is pretty much done, why not take Pjanic off and Marchisio on? Less pressure, team is in conserve mode and what better player than Pjanic to control the tempo of the game than Marchisio?

Bentancur can play b2b he has the legs for it. We can't get to March and expect Marchisio to have 90 mins in his legs if he continues on this trend IMO.
Maybe Euromaxx doesn't have a mad crush on Marchisio and therefore isn't in a rush to bring to him back as fast as possible. Maybe he is actually considering what is most beneficial to the team as a whole and, in Marchisios situation, what is beneficial to the player in the long term, ie over the course of the entire season, over the short term? Maybe the thought process is that if there is even a slight chance that babying him now means he is more likely to be available in the final sprint of the season that we don't need him right now so it is worth it to take it slow?

Have you considered that option?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
because you keep insisting playing in a competitive match is somehow the magic formula to recover his muscles. I would agree that competitive matches are different than training and it helps acclimate a player back into the side but that is psychologically, his muscles don't know the fucking difference between a competitive match and a training one but you keep arguing that they do.
Have you played and/or practiced with a professional club before? Do you realize how often the coach(es) stop a practice match to discuss the tactics he asks his players to do during a match BECAUSE THE MATCH KEEPS GOING FOR 90 MINUTES. An actual match is continuous. Why am I even explaining this? It should be pretty obvious how a Serie A/Champions League match is different than a practice session ESPECIALLY ones the day or two after where players are partially recovering from a match.

Your logic suggests that players would have need to rest after practice because its the same energy level as a full match lol

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Your logic suggests that players would have need to rest after practice because its the same energy level as a full match lol
If the player needs a workout equivalent to playing in a competitive match im pretty sure the collective mental strength of our coaching staff can come up with one. Hell, Marchisio has been around long enough (and injured enough times) to know what he should need IE special training program.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Seriously don't even use that pathetic Torino team as an excuse to defend khedira, it was an awful B team that was hopeless, talk about the matches that have mattered because Khedira IS USELESS, frankly i cant wait to see the back of him and have a proper midfielder in his place
And you still refuse to understand. It's actually very simple

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If the player needs a workout equivalent to playing in a competitive match im pretty sure the collective mental strength of our coaching staff can come up with one. Hell, Marchisio has been around long enough (and injured enough times) to know what he should need IE special training program.
Good luck trying to replicate the unpredictable movements/demands a professional soccer match produces into a training session.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Word - wasn't sure. :tup:

No, you could not play regista for Juve against any team. No need to exaggerate that to try and prove a point. Some things, especially in football, only playing in matches can give you. I'm sure he has plenty of time with a fitness coach...but is it really doing him any good?
I'm pretty sure I could. I mean, I would be jogging around for 70-80 minutes, make the occasional sprint forward or backwards, pass the ball around to whoever is near me... We don't put in much energy into these games, remember when Chiellini said our training sessions are more challenging than some games we play?

Marchisio is an experienced veteran with the perfect tactical understanding, there is nothing he can gain by playing 10-15 minutes a week more than he is already

- - - Updated - - -

you should work as donald trumps promoter with your 'alternative facts'
Try rereading it, if you don't understand on the 1st try, just tell me. Im very patient, l'll help you out

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm pretty sure I could. I mean, I would be jogging around for 70-80 minutes, make the occasional sprint forward or backwards, pass the ball around to whoever is near me... We don't put in much energy into these games, remember when Chiellini said our training sessions are more challenging than some games we play?

Marchisio is an experienced veteran with the perfect tactical understanding, there is nothing he can gain by playing 10-15 minutes a week more than he is already
He doesn't need to learn tactics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)