Claudio Marchisio (30 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Not sure what we are even arguing here.

For Juventus, of course Marchisio is invaluable to us. But you're just being silly putting him on the same level as Xavi and Pirlo. He's not a better footballer than both.

Regarding Robben and Ribery, both are wingers and of course both have their own strengths and it comes down to who is more effective of the two. Let's just say this comparison is much closer than say comparing Marchisio to Xavi and Pirlo.

Jun 6, 2015
Yep. Marchisio is the anchor in midfield. He is one that holds the midfield and keeps it ticking.

Xavi and Pirlo are pure playmakers who dictate the tempo of the game, try more riskier passes and have that creative element which Marchisio lacks. Their roles are different when compared to Marchisio.

I have to facepalm at people who still believe Marchisio is our playmaker in midfield. It was Pogba last year. It's Pjanić-Dybala this year considering how deep the latter has been used.
:facepalm: and I have to facepalm at people who don't understand that Marchisio is our playmaker. Actually you just described a playmaker in the first paragraph when describing Marchisio.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
I think that most decent midfielders could provide us what Marchisio does in attack. It is his defensive contributions that make him stand out.

May 23, 2013
Not sure what we are even arguing here.

For Juventus, of course Marchisio is invaluable to us. But you're just being silly putting him on the same level as Xavi and Pirlo. He's not a better footballer than both.

Regarding Robben and Ribery, both are wingers and of course both have their own strengths and it comes down to who is more effective of the two. Let's just say this comparison is much closer than say comparing Marchisio to Xavi and Pirlo.
We've never seen Marchisio play vs the big boys fully fat at regista other than vs Dortmund. So over the next few years if he can lead Juve to a CL title (hopefully multiple) while adding on great performances vs the big boys like both Pirlo and Xavi multiple times have then he should be considered at that level.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
So when you retiring?

- - - Updated - - -

31 seems pretty passed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad he became good at 29.

- - - Updated - - -

I joke. I love Cheesio :heart:

Happy birthday!! Wish you and your family lots of success! :heart:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Goddamn. I remember when this guy was a youngster looking to break into our team. And now he's old. And what's even worse is that he's just one year older than me. Surely we'll all be immortal by the end of this decade though, right? Right?

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Marchisio's Juve career:

Games: 352
Goals: 36
Assists: 39
Wins: 210
Draws: 88
Losses: 54
Serie A: 5
Supercoppa: 3
Coppa: 2
Serie B: 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)