Claudio Marchisio (179 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well, which better time than now?.

Hey, throw them in the fray and letss see how we do. They are here exactly for this kind of moments right? (cover main dudes)...so lets give them a chance. Pereyra is no rookie....and Sturaro stopped James goalll!!!!! he is ready.

I'm not saying give them a chance, heck, I'm fine with them playing even when everyone are healthy, but now we dont have a choice in the matter. What I'm saying is STOP BEING COCKY AND ARROGANT. What have Pereyra or Sturaro shown or proven to act so high and mighty when speaking about the superior midfielders in Roma? They have to show they belong individually by showing themselves reliable and being impactful at their job. So far they really arent, just all around decent role/rotation players. We lose quite alot from last year, not only having Vidal and Pirlo less, but now Marchisio injured. And our great midfield last year didnt have walk in the park vs Roma, we were routinely the better team, but still was a tough midfield battle.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Buffon

Barzagli-bonucci-rugani

lichtsteiner--------------alex sandro

sturaro-pereyra-pogba

dybala-mandzukic

5 starters out injured. still best team in serie a :touched:

Pogba better stay fit tho
With that midfield we are definitely not the best
Inter, and Roma (latter especially by a margin).

I dont expect much from Pereyra out of position and staruro. Certainly they are no Naingolan, Kondgobia, Pjanic, Strootman, De Rossi, Hernanes etc.

Pogba is good but the other two are too mediocre for the time being. We really didnt need Khedira and Marchisio to get injured.
are you saying inter and Roma are better overall or better midfield ?

lol at inter either way

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm not saying give them a chance, heck, I'm fine with them playing even when everyone are healthy, but now we dont have a choice in the matter. What I'm saying is STOP BEING COCKY AND ARROGANT. What have Pereyra or Sturaro shown or proven to act so high and mighty when speaking about the superior midfielders in Roma? They have to show they belong individually by showing themselves reliable and being impactful at their job. So far they really arent, just all around decent role/rotation players. We lose quite alot from last year, not only having Vidal and Pirlo less, but now Marchisio injured. And our great midfield last year didnt have walk in the park vs Roma, we were routinely the better team, but still was a tough midfield battle.
Not saying we will domminate them. We'd lose if we go open.

We need to focus on sitting deeper, and negate their creative game. I'm confident if we can do that and both teams have their creative talent in chains by their own tactics and the opponents, a flash of brilliance from pogba is much more likely to happen, then one from roma.

But we'd give them the initiative. We simply have no choise

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
are you saying inter and Roma are better overall or better midfield ?

lol at inter either way
midfield.

Inter lost Kovacic but they still have 3 good players in Guarin, Hernanes and Kondogbia. I would take any of those over pereyra and staruro. In terms of pure defensive brute Medel is not bad either. More or less probably on Staruro's level. Thats only on paper though.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Now the version changed from "still having the best midfield in Serie A with Marchisio, Asamoah and Khedira injured" to "we would still win 100%". :howler:

As if someone said that we're gonna surely lose just because we're fielding Sturaro and Pereyra, but we are twisting words.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Now the version changed from "still having the best midfield in Serie A with Marchisio, Asamoah and Khedira injured" to "we would still win 100%". :howler:

As if someone said that we're gonna surely lose just because we're fielding Sturaro and Pereyra, but we are twisting words.
Quote that post please

And i still think we have the best midfield yeah. I explained why

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Quote that post please

And i still think we have the best midfield yeah. I explained why
Here you were humbly saying how we would find it very tricky to win against Roma with that midfield. :tup:

Buffon

Barzagli-bonucci-rugani

lichtsteiner--------------alex sandro

sturaro-pereyra-pogba

dybala-mandzukic

5 starters out injured. still best team in serie a :touched:

Pogba better stay fit tho
Roflmao.

And who has a better midfield ?

No one. We got two solid players and Pogba. Thats more then shitty roma

- - - Updated - - -

Partially
I rate Pogba Very highly. Much higher then Pjanic.

Thing is, in these games, our defence will murder Pjanic while Nainggolan tries to cut the movement of Pogba and dybala.
Thing is, We got better wings with Sandro, and Pogba can domminate that midfield.

I mean, roma has nothing that can worry us that much. Its not like having to win the battle against xavi and iniesta.

In serie a, our midfield is Pogba. No team can remotely worry us trough the middle.
Well, i personally think that when we look at our midfield without Marchisio, Khedira and Asamoah(cm now i assume), we got sturaro and pereyra.
Sturaro is the worst in the comparison, Pereyra stands his own, but is behind Nainggolan and Pjanic. Both will defensively stand their ground, but they wont add offensively.

Pogba on the other hand, is much better then what roma has, and makes our midfield still come out on top.
Part of that season, is cause it has players like Sturaro that isnt just some weak ass shit. He'll hold his own. Pereyra would hold his own. Roma wouldnt break the central axis.
But Pogba, would break theirs.

Then again, you tend to overrate out "competition" when the season start, so its okay.

I'll just be crossing my fingers that Pogba stays fit.
Excellent strawman attempt :tup:

I mean serie a teams amongst each other, as we are talking about serie a. Wich is extremely clear, but nice try anyway. Lots of people would have missed the logical deviation

- - - Updated - - -

Thats depth tbh

Chiellini, Asamoah, Marchisio, Khedira, Morata injured

still able to

----------------Buffon
---Barzagli - Bonucci - Rugani
Lichtsteiner-----------------Sandro
----Pereyra--Pogba--Sturaro
--------Dybala-Mandzukic

Still easely the best team in serie a
I think i litterally said that sturaro is the weakest of both teams, and pereyra is nice but below nainggolan and pjanic.
But they'll hold their own, Roma wont break our central axis, but we will break theirs with pogba.

I know you are a keen hater of 352. Possession isnt an aspect of it. When you deploy a regista it is. Wich is not what we'll do

We will sit deep, and grind roma's game down to a stop. We'll look for a genius moment of Pogba or Dybala. But mostly sit in organisation and aim to break trough when they overcommit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 174)