Claudio Marchisio (77 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I overrate Serie A teams. :agree: :lol:

Shut up, Zachy boy.
Excellent strawman attempt :tup:

I mean serie a teams amongst each other, as we are talking about serie a. Wich is extremely clear, but nice try anyway. Lots of people would have missed the logical deviation

- - - Updated - - -

them fucking injuries. :sergio: :cry:
Thats depth tbh

Chiellini, Asamoah, Marchisio, Khedira, Morata injured

still able to

----------------Buffon
---Barzagli - Bonucci - Rugani
Lichtsteiner-----------------Sandro
----Pereyra--Pogba--Sturaro
--------Dybala-Mandzukic

Still easely the best team in serie a

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Excellent strawman attempt :tup:

I mean serie a teams amongst each other, as we are talking about serie a. Wich is extremely clear, but nice try anyway. Lots of people would have missed the logical deviation
I honestly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about now. :lol:

I'm gonna end this here. Officially now. :D

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Inter, and Roma (latter especially by a margin).

I dont expect much from Pereyra out of position and staruro. Certainly they are no Naingolan, Kondgobia, Pjanic, Strootman, De Rossi, Hernanes etc.

Pogba is good but the other two are too mediocre for the time being. We really didnt need Khedira and Marchisio to get injured.

- - - Updated - - -

Inter, and Roma (latter especially by a margin).

I dont expect much from Pereyra out of position and staruro. Certainly they are no Naingolan, Kondgobia, Pjanic, Strootman, De Rossi, Hernanes etc.

Pogba is good but the other two are too mediocre for the time being. We really didnt need Khedira and Marchisio to get injured.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
What the fuck is happening? So many injuries so far. This cant be coincidence, no?

But even with Pereyra, Sturaro and Pogba we can overcome Udinese and Roma. When you think about how many injured players we have and still our starting 11 is looking relatively strong. It must be frightening for our opponents.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude you crazy

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Roflmao.

And who has a better midfield ?

No one. We got two solid players and Pogba. Thats more then $#@!ty roma

- - - Updated - - -

Partially
You really think if we had Pjanic, Strootman Radja and De Rossi we would bench them to make pereyra and staruro start? You gotta be joking. Even Khedira and Marchisio would have to work really hard to start ahead of them. Unless Pogba is at Zidane's level already I dont see how you can rate our remaining healthy midfielders better than De Rossi and co.

Plus, 3-5-2 involves having our wing backs stretching the opposition defense, the 2 strikers keeping the defense line busy and forcing them to sit deep while the CMs do the main bombarding of the goal now that the opposition defense is stretched and is marking the strikers. Pogba is the only midfielder that can score. Pereyra and Staruro are weaker going forward than marchisio. 15+ goal vidal is gone.

Moreover, keeping possession is essential to 3-5-2. Who is going to distribute? Pogba? he is not good at it and even if he was if you make him play the Pirlo role then you loose him as a goal threat. Pereyra? Staruro? 3-5-2 worked because we had Pirlo play making and Vidal scoring tons of goals regardless of who was playing in attack. Without these two and without Marchisio (the only remaining passer in the team), 3-5-2 will be slower than death.

- - - Updated - - -

What the $#@! is happening? So many injuries so far. This cant be coincidence, no?

But even with Pereyra, Sturaro and Pogba we can overcome Udinese and Roma. When you think about how many injured players we have and still our starting 11 is looking relatively strong. It must be frightening for our opponents.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude you crazy
I am crazy? What the hell is wrong with you people.

Hypothetical scenario. Marotta exchanges staruro for Radja. You would think its a bad deal? How about Pereyra for Pjanic?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I think i litterally said that sturaro is the weakest of both teams, and pereyra is nice but below nainggolan and pjanic.
But they'll hold their own, Roma wont break our central axis, but we will break theirs with pogba.

I know you are a keen hater of 352. Possession isnt an aspect of it. When you deploy a regista it is. Wich is not what we'll do

We will sit deep, and grind roma's game down to a stop. We'll look for a genius moment of Pogba or Dybala. But mostly sit in organisation and aim to break trough when they overcommit

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You can (under)rate our players as much as you want, but we will beat Roma because this is what we do best. Winning is in our dna. And I think our midfield even without Marchisio and Khedira is reasonably strong one. You are terribly underestimating Pereyra by calling him mediocre, which he clearly isn't. Sturaro coped rather well against Real's midfielders few months ago and has been showing incredible progress with each passing game. Pogba, Pereyra and Sturaro are combined better than what Roma can offer atm.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I recall a bunch of misfits but a good Marchisio winning at trebble building inter on their home turn in 2010.

Why ? Because Juventus.

We never just "roll over". We do depend on Pogba to make the difference. But Roma will find it very tough to get their game on.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I think i litterally said that sturaro is the weakest of both teams, and pereyra is nice but below nainggolan and pjanic.
But they'll hold their own, Roma wont break our central axis, but we will break theirs with pogba.

I know you are a keen hater of 352. Possession isnt an aspect of it. When you deploy a regista it is. Wich is not what we'll do

We will sit deep, and grind roma's game down to a stop. We'll look for a genius moment of Pogba or Dybala. But mostly sit in organisation and aim to break trough when they overcommit
Thats not true I am the biggest fan of 3-5-2 and was one of very few people who didnt blame 2013's CL exit on it. However, I am a fan of it only when we have 3 great midfielders not bench options. We had one that was super creative, a super ball winner/goal scorer and Pogba. Going back to that formation now with 2 mediocre players instead of the world class ones is big.

- - - Updated - - -

I recall a bunch of misfits but a good Marchisio winning at trebble building inter on their home turn in 2010.

Why ? Because Juventus.

We never just "roll over". We do depend on Pogba to make the difference. But Roma will find it very tough to get their game on.
Your earlier claim was that with Staruro, Pogba and pereyra.. we still easily have the best midfield in Serie A.

Now you are saying Roma has better players but we have a better mentality.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What i say is that roma has players better then both sturaro and pereyra, but combined with pogba, we are better because those hold their own

Technicaly, when talking about a 352 against roma's mid 4, we should consider the wingbacks aswel.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You can (under)rate our players as much as you want, but we will beat Roma because this is what we do best. Winning is in our dna. And I think our midfield even without Marchisio and Khedira is reasonably strong one. You are terribly underestimating Pereyra by calling him mediocre, which he clearly isn't. Sturaro coped rather well against Real's midfielders few months ago and has been showing incredible progress with each passing game. Pogba, Pereyra and Sturaro are combined better than what Roma can offer atm.
I am not saying we will lose to Roma, I am saying they have a better midfield in terms of players. Whether our mentality will make us ultimately win is a different question. I can say Dzeko is a better striker than Zaza without having to believe that Dzeko's team will win.

Player for player, would you like a direct swap where we give them Pereyra and Staruro and they give us Pjanic and Radja?:D Any sane person would take this and run and be awarded the title of greatest transfer guru of all time.

I don't think I am under-rating Pereyra when I say he is mediocre. He wouldn't start in any top team. He is a good player to have for rotation. His best position is AM. We will be playing him as a CM under a 3-5-2. That just adds insult to injury.

Staruro is still a big question mark. We have seen very little of him and he is still very young. If he is the next Gattuso then great. If he is the next nocerino then thats not very bad. We still don't know. A good match against Madrid doesn't make him at any level close to Roma's guys. Santon had great games against Ronaldo too and look how that turned out. Its still to early to tell.

So on Paper, Roma is definitely better in midfield. In reality we dont know whose midfield will dominate but its more likely theirs will(given that they are better on paper). We have never seen the trio of Pogba, Pereyra and Staruro as CMs in a 3-5-2 before.

In short,I dunno where you get this confidence in our midfield's superiority when 1) you've never seen these 3 players start together before in this formation, and 2) you know that Roma's midfield is better on paper and has been working together for years.

- - - Updated - - -

What i say is that roma has players better then both sturaro and pereyra, but combined with pogba, we are better because those hold their own

Technicaly, when talking about a 352 against roma's mid 4, we should consider the wingbacks aswel.
How do you know that? They've never played together in these roles before while you have seen Roma's group together for 2 years now.

It wasn't a walk in the park when we had Pirlo, marchisio and Vidal man. Where do you get the confidence to say that we easily have a better midfield?

Get realistic. Its nice that you have so much faith in our players but don't let that blind your reasoning.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Actually Pereyra is better as CM than AM. He can find more space and can make deep runs. He is mediocre AM, but very good CM. If we were to lose Pogba I would agree with you, but with him and those 2 we can dismantle Roma. Mentality was always important factor and whether at some point other teams had looked better on paper we would still have managed to leave them behind.

STURARO is prerry underrated mid, not enough flair at him, but he has strong character on the pitch, often taking on more talented players and getting better of them. I would rather have Pogba, Sturaro and Pereyra where one of the midfielders is among the best in the game atm and has enough talent to decide the game with a single move, than 3 decent to good ones (De Rosi has been poor for a while now).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
For some here Juve players will allways be automatically better. Sturaro and Pereyra have ALOT to prove, just decent role players, and dont hold to individually better Roma starting midfielders UNTIL they prove they do. As Hist said, its the same Roma midfield that gave our best around tough time, why would our backup CMs make you more confident now? Just because they are Juve players? Nainggolan, Pjanic are real class, and even a declining DDR would be quite obstacle for young inexperienced player like Sturaro, or Pereyra who is quick and tidy but quite soft as CM.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
When i say hold their own, i'm referring to a sturaro against real madrid

Nothing special offensively, but did his defensive and tactical duty.
We could focus on negating them completely.

And bank on Pogba who most likely will win us the game somehow

If we got all out against roma, like play open and offensive, we will lose cause then the quality difference gets exposed

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
For some here Juve players will allways be automatically better. Sturaro and Pereyra have ALOT to prove, just decent role players, and dont hold to individually better Roma starting midfielders UNTIL they prove they do. As Hist said, its the same Roma midfield that gave our best around tough time, why would our backup CMs make you more confident now? Just because they are Juve players? Nainggolan, Pjanic are real class, and even a declining DDR would be quite obstacle for young inexperienced player like Sturaro, or Pereyra who is quick and tidy but quite soft as CM.
Well, which better time than now?.

Hey, throw them in the fray and letss see how we do. They are here exactly for this kind of moments right? (cover main dudes)...so lets give them a chance. Pereyra is no rookie....and Sturaro stopped James goalll!!!!! he is ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)