Claudio Marchisio (16 Viewers)

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005

Conte: 'Don't use past against me!'
By Football Italia staff

Azzurri Coach Antonio Conte lashes back at his critics, saying his teams 'don't work hard, they work well'.

The Italian expedition to play against Bulgaria on Saturday did not start on the right foot, with midfielder Claudio Marchisio picking up an injury that could keep him sidelined for six months, and the inevitable fury of the Juventus supporters.

“I'm bothered by those who try to use my past against me,” said the former Juventus Coach in today's Press conference.

“But I don't mind the controversy, I've always lived in it. Professor [Enrico] Castellacci already explained everything [about the injury]."

Fiat Group President John Elkann was among the most prominent critics, publicly asking why the national team forced players to work so hard.

“I wonder why Elkann didn't ask me that when I was at Juventus? We don't work 'hard', we work well.

“Marchisio is an important player for us, but he'll be replaced aptly by [Andrea] Bertolacci, who will play in his stead.

Professor Castellacci, also present at the conference, made a statement to clarify the circumstances in which the player hurt himself.

“We're doing some exams to quantify the injury,” he said.

“His injury was absurd and inexplicable. He hurt himself while warming up, running without the ball."

“It's a shame because it happened in a paradoxical manner, when the training still had to begin.”

Sarunas

Jul 24, 2009
As if it wasn't bad enough... "Problems for Vladimir Petkovic as Stephan Lichtsteiner (Switzerland) is not able to play anymore. His injury is too serious and Silvan Widmer (Switzerland) replaces him."

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
As if it wasn't bad enough... "Problems for Vladimir Petkovic as Stephan Lichtsteiner (Switzerland) is not able to play anymore. His injury is too serious and Silvan Widmer (Switzerland) replaces him."
He was subbed off as a precaution. He was walking fine.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The visit and examination have excluded lesions of the anterior cruciate ligament.

http://www.juventus.com/juve/it/news/le+condizioni+di+marchisio+27+marzo+2015
@Mark ?
Claudio Marchisio , who returned this afternoon from the withdrawal of the national team , has been subjected to investigations by doctors social Juventus and Professor Flavio Quaglia.È was then submitted late in the evening to a new MRI of the right knee by Professor Carlo Faletti at clinical Fornaca . The visit and examination have excluded lesions of the anterior cruciate ligament . Claudio will remain at rest for a few days and his condition will be monitored daily .
he midfielder returned from National has been subjected to investigations that have excluded lesions of the anterior cruciate ligament

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)