Claudio Gentile (3 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
http://video.gazzetta.it/gentile-parla-juve-scoppia-piangere/60090d22-ed1b-11e4-8840-049bea0a9d3b

I didn't chose to be a Juventino, I was born Juventino. I have a picture of myself of when I was 7 years old, in Libya with a black & white jersey on.

:touched:

Legend! Guy was a good coach. Went against the federation and was black listed. Meanwhile you have Zemans getting jobs left and right.
Legend is not a good enough word for this man. I just watched that video. Brought me back to the Summer of 82, watching the World Cup on TV with my dad when I was 12 years old.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
http://video.gazzetta.it/gentile-parla-juve-scoppia-piangere/60090d22-ed1b-11e4-8840-049bea0a9d3b

I didn't chose to be a Juventino, I was born Juventino. I have a picture of myself of when I was 7 years old, in Libya with a black & white jersey on.

Legend! Guy was a good coach. Went against the federation and was black listed. Meanwhile you have Zemans getting jobs left and right.

Those tears :touched:, I can tell how passionate he was. I wish I had followed the World Cup 1982. I have to find it somewhere online and watch it.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007

what happened between him and FIGC? I was curious why he never coached again since he was the coach when Italy last won u-21 Euro.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
what happened between him and FIGC? I was curious why he never coached again since he was the coach when Italy last won u-21 Euro.
He was a my way or the highway guy. When the FIGC fired him he took them to court and now is basically black listed.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
2006 wasn't it?? FIGC distanced themselves from everyone and everything Juve.
He dragged his compensation case through the civil courts, which the FIGC didn't like on top of the actual claim, as it fell outside of the sporting court (which they would probably manipulate anyway). I think he took them for a couple million euros in the end.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

Legend is not a good enough word for this man. I just watched that video. Brought me back to the Summer of 82, watching the World Cup on TV with my dad when I was 12 years old.
An absolute god. Spoke with his heart, the same way he wore the top as my father tells me.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You were very excited :lol:

The whole arab spring belongs on a monty python sketch.
In hindsight it does sound naive now. However you were not in our place, because Mubarak can never be compared to Geddaffi or Bashar, never in our lives did we think that Geddaffi can be toppled, so it was natural that most Libyans would be excited at the time at the idea of toppling a tyrannical regime and instituting a democracy. Of course now that we replaced him with chaos and a failed state, it does look naive in hindsight, but thats why they say hindsight is 20 20.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We didn't think we could ever topple Mubarak either. We have a full generation of depressed people back home.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We didn't think we could ever topple Mubarak either. We have a full generation of depressed people back home.
But the grip Mubarak had on Egypt and the type of country Egypt is, you can never compare it to Libya or Syria. No way would Gedaffi or Bashar be toppled without a war, demonstrations in the street and getting a few people shot in demonstrations, that's child play for Gedaffi. Try machine guns, anti aircraft weapons used against unarmed civilians and the occasional grad missile.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
But the grip Mubarak had on Egypt and the type of country Egypt is, you can never compare it to Libya or Syria. No way would Gedaffi or Bashar be toppled without a war, demonstrations in the street and getting a few people shot in demonstrations, that's child play for Gedaffi. Try machine guns, anti aircraft weapons used against unarmed civilians and the occasional grad missile.
Mubarak lost the military in his later years. When they found the opportunity (mass demonstrations) they flipped him. Had they been in his pockets it would have turned very ugly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)