Claudio Gentile (5 Viewers)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Gentile.... sigh when I see him crying i feel emotional as well.

Wanna know something funny? Gentile is the italian word for kind/gentle while he's always been a rough defender XD

Apr 9, 2015
Gentile.... sigh when I see him crying i feel emotional as well.

Wanna know something funny? Gentile is the italian word for kind/gentle while he's always been a rough defender XD
Yep, I am too young but they told me he was the opposite of Gentile :p

Scirea was the gentle defender and Gentile was one of the worst players to play against in terms of agressivenes and (unfair) tackles.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Yep, I am too young but they told me he was the opposite of Gentile :p

Scirea was the gentle defender and Gentile was one of the worst players to play against in terms of agressivenes and (unfair) tackles.
How ages changes the players.
Back then football was a lot more physical nowdays you get booked over nothing! Nowdays a defender like Gentile would get like 7-8 red cards per season

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I'm rather happy with that development. When I watch old replays I watch it with horror. I think that "(unfair)" needs to be underlined and in bold, because there was so much destructive football. I am not against physical football but I have trouble with even modern players like Couto, Mihajlovic, Materazzi and so on. I see and understand why people like them, but I just don't like that part of the sport and am therefore happy how it has developed in the recent decades to erase some of that behavior.

Jul 3, 2020
I'm rather happy with that development. When I watch old replays I watch it with horror. I think that "(unfair)" needs to be underlined and in bold, because there was so much destructive football. I am not against physical football but I have trouble with even modern players like Couto, Mihajlovic, Materazzi and so on. I see and understand why people like them, but I just don't like that part of the sport and am therefore happy how it has developed in the recent decades to erase some of that behavior.
I’ll bet you like teams that loose a lot

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Dunno how a topic about him missing from Juventus Legends section.

More than his career which has been great for Juventus and for Italy

Just this clip makes him worthy the legends section.

From 1:54 on

for those who can't understand

Interviewer :"Is (managing) Juventus still a life dream?"
Gentile: "I dunno but I didn't become juventino. I'm born juventino. Because of (I have) a photo of when I was 7yrs old in Lybia and I wearing a black&white shirt. so... (crying)"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)