[CL] Young Boys 2-1 JUVENTUS [December 12th, 2018] (1 Viewer)

Who will Juve face next in the CL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Only two players to come out with their heads held high are Dybala and Can. Costa was OK too, even though he made a lot of stupid decisions and dumb errors, he was at least attempting to make things happen.

The rest of the team were awful. Berna, Pjanic and Bonucci in particular. Just trash. Let’s put this one behind us and hope like hell we are in much better form in this competition from February onwards.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
People laughed at me last time when I said that our performance with the 3-5-2 against YB was the best of the season, saying the opposition was so shet that it doesn't even matter how we played them. However here we saw the same lads consistently getting chances and breaking us apart with half a dozen chances, while last time out we didn't let them get even a single real chance. That game also was highlighted by a masterclass game from Bonucci and Dybala, both of whom have heavily struggled with our 4-3-3 this season.
Completely different games. One was at home before we had sealed qualification, the other away on a plastic pitch with an arrogant mentality after qualifying.

We also scored early in the first game which helped us. We chased the game today which caused us to be more open and give up chances. If Ronaldo scored one of his early chances it could easily have been a comfortable win.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
And yeah, Pjanic has to up his game if we are to challenge for the CL this year. With these kind of performances from him in midfield, it will be impossible.

Good thing Emre is back, Bentancur can use a bit of a rest.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's almost like we didn't care to win that match. :shifty:
I wouldn’t have given the slightest shit if we lost this game if we were the confirmed group winners before the game.

But the fact is we played like arrogant clueless clowns for 80 minutes of the game and we’re lucky United are shit and Valencia did us a favour. Could have been disastrous is United fluked a scrappy 1-0 win had we gone on to lose this.

We just rarely if ever do things the easy way in this fucking competition.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
How many crosses and FKs and balls sent into the box did we actually redirect on target? I can only remember Ronaldo hitting the post at the back post.

We really REALLY suck at converting those...nay. I digress. We really REALLY suck putting those crosses into OUR players area. We never win those for whatever reason. Terrible aim.
That seems to be our only attacking “tactic” these days and it’s something we’re not even good at. So many aimless crosses, set pieces and long balls and they rarely work out. We also can’t score free kicks anymore, even with guys like Pjanic and Dybala, who were pinging them in for fun in previous seasons

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #171
    That seems to be our only attacking “tactic” these days and it’s something we’re not even good at. So many aimless crosses, set pieces and long balls and they rarely work out. We also can’t score free kicks anymore, even with guys like Pjanic and Dybala, who were pinging them in for fun in previous seasons
    Our crossing sucks. We haven’t had many FK opportunities this season. Def not like seasons past.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #175
    It’s amazing we are so bad at converting crosses seeing as we have Mandzukic and Ronaldo to aim for. Our crossers, outside Cancelo can’t aim for shit. Costa and Sandro are so disappointing in this regard this year.
    Agreed. Bizarre that something you learn how to do in middle school they can’t do in arguably the best team in Europe.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    As dissapointing as this has been i dont feel as pessimistic as many of you seem to.

This is not the same Juve in CL. We played three very good games and took nine points including away fixtures in spain and england. The following two games might have been less so but they were still good performances and we really should beat united at home and it was a fluke that we didnt.

We have played more than well enough to have come into this game tonight with 15 points and a meaningless fixture. This is not the same Juve we were played a much better group stage even if points accumulated dont quite show it.

The loss tonight was our only bad game and i chalk that up to poor general form/ fatigue (weve been mediocre in serie for a while too even if the results were coming) rather than failings in the champions league.

Maybe we need a winter rest. But iirc this is easily the best first half of the season we have had so far under Allegri.

There is much more reason to be optimistic than pessimistic

- - - Updated - - -

It’s amazing we are so bad at converting crosses seeing as we have Mandzukic and Ronaldo to aim for. Our crossers, outside Cancelo can’t aim for shit. Costa and Sandro are so disappointing in this regard this year.
    Costa can hit a cross guy just needs a string of games.

Has been in and out all season

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    I agree. But also we are not making it hard to defend the crosses. We're not so lucky to face Bonucci who just shuts his brain off and gives you a spot to aim for. We are just queuing up Mario and CR7 side by side, Costa picks up the ball 40 metres away and is basically 1 v 1 to beat his man and cross. It takes like 15 seconds to materialize and the CBs are having an easy time finding their mark and latching on.

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
    I just don't understand how a guy who had a hat trick last time these teams met is benched for an out of form Bernadeschi. Even if it's the Young Boys it's still the Champion's League and 1st was never guaranteed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)