[CL] Villarreal 1-1 Juventus [February 22nd, 2022] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Danilo 6, Cuads 5.5, Morata 5.5, Loca 5.5. Dunno how they give 5.5 to de Ligt - probably because of goal, but it was never on him. He was clearing many of their moves before they happened should get 6.5 for me.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Frustrating game.

I thought we were really solid for the first 60 minutes. But then, in the blink of an eye & for no apparant reason, that all changed. We lost our focus & intensity, misplaced passes, stopped running, etc. Worrisome stuff.

All those injuries aren't making it any easier for us, obviously. Just look at our bench yesterday. :vdp:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Frustrating game.

I thought we were really solid for the first 60 minutes. But then, in the blink of an eye & for no apparant reason, that all changed. We lost our focus & intensity, misplaced passes, stopped running, etc. Worrisome stuff.

All those injuries aren't making it any easier for us, obviously. Just look at our bench yesterday. :vdp:
TBF it all started when the referee decide to completely change the way he was whistling. In the first half he whistled every soft foul, then in the second half it changed completely, there was a period before the goal when some of our attackers were pushed or grabbed few times and there was no reaction from the ref. We lost like 3 or 4 balls because of this and then lost a goal.
I know our players are pussies and go down to easily but we should also expect at least some consistency from the ref, he basically didnt allow any touch in the first half and then let quite brutal play with no fouls in the second. That shouldnt happen.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Frustrating game.

Wee weren't great before the goal, i think. We tried to kill the game, but we never had the (defensive) control we sought. We misplaced passes and couldn't string three passes together to relieve some pressure. We were asking for it.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
TBF it all started when the referee decide to completely change the way he was whistling. In the first half he whistled every soft foul, then in the second half it changed completely, there was a period before the goal when some of our attackers were pushed or grabbed few times and there was no reaction from the ref. We lost like 3 or 4 balls because of this and then lost a goal.
I know our players are pussies and go down to easily but we should also expect at least some consistency from the ref, he basically didnt allow any touch in the first half and then let quite brutal play with no fouls in the second. That shouldnt happen.

These are really loser excuses. It's one thing to blame the ref for a blatant penalty missed or a wrongfully disallowed goal. Even then we should make our luck, but ref not calling every soft foul consistently is a really bad excuse.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Frustrating game.

Yes, actually, I thought the first half was quite decent. Defensive posture, but decisive.

It's like they can't handle the physical/mental challenge of keeping the posture, and all of a sudden, the fuckups are contagious. Morata is typically one of the first to fold. Have to get rid of these kind of players and change the identity of the team

Apr 10, 2014
All so so negative; There are positives too guys; Giving them total of 9 shots (The least for them this season at home) while still playing like shit on their home turf and them scoring just from our huge error in defense tells something about the potential we have as we can clearly only improve from that.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
We had two shots on target over 90 minutes. Our first shot was in the first minute, and then we went something like 75 minutes without registering a single shot on target. Abysmal performance. Fuck off with the blind optimism.
only two because it was Morata who was shooting, his chance after the McKennie pass should be at least a shot on target. He had like 2 big chances and none of them ended even on target.
Also that blocked shot of McKennie from like 5 meters, those were really clean chances and better team would finish those.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
Clearly you don't follow much of Villareal if you really say that. No team has easy nights visiting them and Emery has clearly shown his quality as coach in cup competitions.
We're talking about the same team that lost twice to Solskjaer's united in the group stages, a team full of spurs rejects managed by an arsenal reject. Its not asking much to beat them when you take this into consideration.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Some talk like we played against Genoa here.
To be fair Genoa would be able to press us more effectively and would be able to move the ball far quicker than the turd pace Villareal were moving it from side to side.
It almost felt like holding up a mirror to our previous CL performances against Porto and Lyon with the roles reversed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)